It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

nanc7882 HB User
Question how contagious is MRSA

I was diagnosed with MRSA last year while I had a serious rash all over my legs and back and some on arms. The MRSA was only in one spot, is what i think i was told. It cleared up with several different antibiotics. My rash, I was told was a total different problem. It has since mostly gone away. I still have a few spots but they never get *****, or drain. Just itch and welt up. So i do not know if they are active as MRSA.
My question is, I work with food, cutting and preparing fruit. Is this safe for me to do. I also have private jobs cleaning homes. Recently a client had to let me go. She knew about the MRSA, and talked to her son's dr. because the son as Cystis fibrosis. The dr recomended she Not have me clean her house anymore. Now I am concerned about all my jobs.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
(male)

misry HB User
Re: how contagious is MRSA

Hi ,

Unfortunately yes , MRSA is contagious and you have to

be treated from it .

there is some antibiotics can cure it .

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

MRSA is not any more contagious than any other bacteria, it's just a little harder to get rid of.

Wash your hands frequently and cover any draining wounds.

Basically if it's wet and not yours, don't touch it.

Pup

Old 04-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

My husband just had this...there are not many antibiotics that get this under control. With the one he had there was only ONE in this whole world that would get it under control and it was not cheap.

I have talked to a lady rescently also...with hers she had to be in the hospital and receive IV antibiotic.

Possibly you need to get to a different doctor for help.

Open wounds is not good for as long as you have had it.

Hope you find some help soon!

Jodie

Closed Thread