It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
flesh eating bacteria

Hi has anyone who had flesh eating bacteria ever tried packing the wound with salt and tea tree oil before heading to the emergency room to see if it would halt the germs spread and activity? Some halophile bacteria such as Staph Aureas may grow in salt I heard but I am wondering if it was pure salt with tea tree if it still could. I am also wondering if it would halt a strep infection in its tracks?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: flesh eating bacteria

Where on earth did you (read?) about this procedure??? And if this was indeed necrotizing fasciitis, the first thing I would want to do is: FLY TO THE NEAREST TRAUMA HOSPITAL. There are a few medical conditions that I would NEVER screw around with, and . . . this just happens to be NO. 1.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi well of course the emergency room has been mentioned and of course the local small hospital may not be adequate as it may have a poor rating. The wait in the meantime if a flight is coming could be important. Also what about some poor guy in the middle of another country or island miles away from telephones flights or help? Well I guess if I were him I might try salt if available and also lighting a fire letting charcoal develop and put the fire out with water and place the ashes on it because charcoal has been known to make bacteria adhere to it. I would do this knowing full well that there might be a permanent black spot at the wound sort of like a tattoo. Nowdays even tattoos are removed with a laser and I wonder if the laser would also work for superficial infection or if it might trap some infection underneath with scartissue?

Every once in awhile someone tells me that there is a lot of debt and the economy might have major problems and I think if the economy goes out and there is no longer a pharmaceutical company to speak of and later not many doctors then how would these various medical problems be handled? I think it would pay to think ahead of time how to fix almost anything cheaply and easily without too much worry about whether or not there is a doctor available or not. Many illnesses are preventable if people take care of their health. One medical problem for example is an intestinal perforation with resulting infection caused by swallowing fishbones. I read that 56 percent of all perforations are caused by this problem. The solution to that is to avoid eating fish which have mercury as an added problem,tapeworms or other parasites and pollution from distant waters as another problem. If one wants there omega 3 and 6 they can use flax oil and walnut oil instead.

Some things may be helped with foods or herbs but of course this type of infection needs quick intervention faster than the food could help. It would be a good idea to always keep the body in good condion to hopefully avoid problems like this. It is said that people who participate in sports are more susceptible to this type of infection. Perhaps this is because of the soil and the fact that other players may have had an infection themselves on their bodies or in their throats and they fall on the field with their heads and faces into the ground. For example if a man has strep throat and he plays ball and falls or gets pushed face down during a football game he may put germs there. Later on someone else has the potential to get an injury at the same spot with blood and the germs get spread to him. It is possible someone may get the germs on their clothes and bring it home with them and get it with a later injury.

Another cause of perforation with possible resultant infection is medicines such as ibuprofin. That cause can be eliminated if the person never uses it. Once a perforation or twisted bowel develops however it would be nice for a remedy for that without help also but I don't know its solution and if anyone finds a cure for these without a surgery of course I want to know.

I heard some time ago that salt is hypertonic especially dry salt and will burst a cell, almost any cell except some that do live in salt. Bacteria are considered cells as far as I know. I also heard tea tree oil is an antibacterial that has successfully cured Staph Aureaus. If one keeps it in the house for such things it might not be so terrible especially considering that nowdays these infections seem to show up on occasion.

Last edited by sjb; 04-28-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: addition made

Old 07-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
(female)

luckylola HB User

Hi, My husband had this condition almost a year ago. Time is off the essence with this very deadly bacteria. Whilst tea tree has awesome antibacterial properties I wouldn't dare take a stab at trying to fix it myself. My husband was very very lucky to survive this, and only did so due to extensive surgical debridment of flesh and very strong antibiotics.

Closed Thread