It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

walflower2 HB User
cellulitis?

let me start with a recap if I can. I had an endometrial ablation on 4/13/11 which may have nothing to do with the rest of this but I don't know. On 4/19/11 I woke up feeling HORRIBLE, fever, chills, nausea, joints hurt so bad I could barely move and a pain near my armpit. I called my doc thinking it was related to the ablation and she was going to call in some meds but I ended up heading to ER before that as I was feeling so much worse. By this time (2 hours later) my entire breast hurt but I didn't think much of it. When the doctor asked, I mentioned it and he asked it it was red (well I hadn't even looked as I was feeling so bad otherwise) and it was. It was a quick run after that and it was determined that I had cellulitis or mastitis as it was in my breast. No open areas on my breast, I was not breastfeeding, etc so not sure where it came from. Regardless I was hospitalized for 5 days fighting it and on 2 IV antibiotics. I was released on oral antibiotics for 2 weeks. After I ended those it came back. Round 2 of oral antibiotics started 5/8/11 for 2 weeks. I haven't had much problem since then but occasionally it will look red or be painful. I am on a low dose of antibiotics daily for recurrent bladder infections so I dont know if that is just keeping it at bay or what.

yesterday I started having sharp stabbing pains run through my breast which have continued and a burning feeling. Concerned and not wanting to end in the hosptial I called my doc. She is referring me to a general surgeon.

My question is, has anyone had a similar experience? what should I expect from the general surgeon? and any other words of wisdom would be appreciated!!! thank you so much!

The following user gives a hug of support to walflower2:
marikalom (08-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
(female)

marikalom HB User
Re: cellulitis?

hi what is the name of infection? is the erysipelas? I have he same problem around my anus the antibiotique doesn't helps now doctror sent me to the gastroenterologist im very scared I take antibitique end the redness apeare again with pain,,,..
best wishes and please contact with me.. and let me know your progress..
thank you..

Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
(female)

marikalom HB User
Re: cellulitis?

walflower2
I have the same problem and nobody can help me my doctor didn't find yet what is the problem ...
I hoped that in USA doctor will help me but I m suffering the same symptomes but another area..
I can t use this forum well because my poor english
thank you

Last edited by moderator2; 08-21-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Closed Thread