It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
(female)

Bananana13 HB User
Question Is it possible that I have Intestinal Worms?

This is going to sound kind of out there, but here I go anyway.

When I was 16 years old (4 years ago now) my mother took me to see a homeopathic doctor after taking me to see a Rheumatologist. I, myself, am a skeptic of homeopathology, but recent occurances are starting to make me wonder if she was right. The homeopathic doctor claimed that I did not have Rheumatoid Arthritis or lime's disease, but instead various other diseases that mocked the disorder. It's been years so I can't remember exactly what she said, but I do remember her claiming that I had dog heart worms, tapeworms, and ringworms for starters. She said they may be small in number, but the waste that they produce may be the cause for the inflammation in my joints. I've never been tested for worms but a regular doctor, and I don't have any obvious signs of having paracites. Then again, signs of having parasites aren't obvious to begin with.

Yesterday, I go a phone call from my Rheumatologist about my blood test. She said that my hemoglobin levels were unusually low and asked me if I was on my period. I wasn't and I'm still not (I guess it's late). Curious, I did some looking up online about low hemoglobin levels and found out that I may be mildly anemic. Now I won't say that eat healthy all the time, I'm skinny and can eat whatever I want, but I shouldn't be malnutruished in anyway. So why am I? My symptoms include: extreme fatigue to the point where I take naps during the day, my limbs falling asleep when I keep them bent too long, a ridiculously low appetite, and I have a tendacy to unwillingly lose weight (I weigh 94ish pounds and am way below what my BMI should be). My doctor called back today saying that I shouldn't worry, but I can't get what the homeopathic doctor said out of my head.

What's more is that when I'm at rest, I can hear swishing noises in my intestines from time to time. It hurts when this feelings come and I often time grab a bite to eat to calm it down (even if I already ate). Could this be my acid reflux? Or was I just hungry? Or worse, is it parasites moving around inside of me?

Also, I developed a weird tic in my head/neck a year ago that makes my head invulentarily move. Is it related any?

I can't say I've seen anything weird about my stools (especially since I don't know what to look for). I have noticed, however, that I'm pooping a sh1t ton more than I use to a couple years ago. Some of my stools will be nearly 12 inches in length. When I don't poop this way, diarrhea is not an uncommon alternative. It doesn't bother me any, I'm used to pain, it's just rather curious. Is that bad? Could that be a sign of having parasites?

SHOULD I ASK MY FAMILY DOCTOR TO GET ME TESTED FOR PARASITES?!

Last edited by Bananana13; 06-29-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Is it possible that I have Intestinal Worms?

Okay, ringworm isn't even a worm! It's a fungal infection on the skin! The homeopathic doctor is a scam artist who knows nothing about medicine, give no more thought to what he said.

In fact, if you did have worms, they often make inflammation better, not worse, although using parasites to treat autoimmune disease is highly controversial.

It's normal for the digestive system to make noise, and mild anemia is not unusual for a young woman, even one who eats a fairly healthy diet.

What else does your rheumatologist say?

Closed Thread