It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

jodi n HB User
Question scabies question

Is there anybody here who knows anything about scabies?
I have been struggling with this for almost 4 weeks, i have tried the cream and oral med from the doctor. I have what looks like bites all over, yet my husband has nothing. My daughter had some bumps, but i put the cream on her, now they are gone. Why am i the one getting eaten alive, i keep reading online these horror stories of people having it for years! If thats the case, i would not want to be alive, this is absolute torture!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
(male)

reallyjohn HB User
Re: scabies question

There are a lot of people in your situation who have had little relief from the usual creams . The over the counter medications from pharmacies are next to useless.
I cant name sites but do an internet search for "scabies" and "ivermectin" , looking for forums and discussions.
Ivermectin is basically used for intestinal worms but the FDA has noted its off label use for scabies. It is very effective for lice as well.
It is usually a prescribed medicine , but if you cant get it from your doctor , these forums will tell you where you can get it ,the dosages , and further information. A lot of these people were in desperate situations, and not being helped by doctors so they sorted it out themselves.
Ivermectin, by itself is nontoxic,even in very large amounts ,but sometimes the additional ingredients can have minor toxicity , so go for pure ivermectin.
Get liquid ivermectin , and as well as taking it internally , put some orally over nearby fingernails or callouses .
A bit of persistence will sort out this problem .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread