It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
(male)

veeru123 HB User
TB or NOT ?

Hello everyone. I have a confusins so if i someone can help I will be glad.

I was tested postive for TB 3 years back in a chest xray.and further tests (skin). I took full course and managed to get all lesions in xray go non active. Now after 3 years i want to apply for a country's visa which requires TB test so i went for a private test first to see where i stand.
It shows same result.Can someone tell me if my TB is still infectious ? On rules it says , if ur Tb is found to be infectious then you will have to take tratment..I already had done full course what will i do then ? Thank YOU

Last edited by veeru123; 07-11-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User
Re: TB or NOT ?

If you had active TB in the past you will always test positive for TB on a Mantoux (skin test) Even if you were just exposed to TB and never actually got the active disease you will test positive.

In the US we generally go my chest x-rays and or sputum tests to see if the disease is still active. I would get your medical records from your previous treatment. The country you are applying for a visa will have it's own policy on verifying that you are not active.

Good luck,

Pup

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
(male)

veeru123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcake View Post
If you had active TB in the past you will always test positive for TB on a Mantoux (skin test) Even if you were just exposed to TB and never actually got the active disease you will test positive.

In the US we generally go my chest x-rays and or sputum tests to see if the disease is still active. I would get your medical records from your previous treatment. The country you are applying for a visa will have it's own policy on verifying that you are not active.

Good luck,

Pup
I actually attached my xray report..will try again with this post. Report says nothing active...do i still need sputum test to confirm this or xray is enough ?

Also the country im applying says , u need to have non-infectious TB...so non active is non-infectious right ?

THANKS

http://i56.tinypic.com/eaih43.jpg

Last edited by veeru123; 07-11-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

Sounds like it to me!

Pup

Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
(male)

veeru123 HB User

Quote:
Sounds like it to me!

Pup
thanks. Guess i should just go and have the official test

Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Don't get the skin test- you will test positive. They should tell you what documentation you'll need

Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
(male)

veeru123 HB User

Oki

They say that if xray shows signs of TB we do sputum test for which i will have to visit them for 3 consecutive days.i think i should clear it.right ?

Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I think you won't even have to give the sputum- the x-ray you showed me indicated past disease, no sign of active. As long as nothing has changed in the new x-ray you'll be good to go.

Sounds like you'll be OK

Pup

Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
(male)

veeru123 HB User

Quote:
I think you won't even have to give the sputum- the x-ray you showed me indicated past disease, no sign of active. As long as nothing has changed in the new x-ray you'll be good to go.

Sounds like you'll be OK

Pup
Oki Thank You again. Lets Hope it all goes well !

Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
(male)

veeru123 HB User

Today i went for test and They cleared me.

NORMAL...didnt even need the sputum test as u said.Thank You again for giving me hope and THANKS TO GOD !

Last edited by veeru123; 07-19-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm glad for you!

Have a great time.

Pup

Closed Thread