It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

jaciejgirl HB User
does my mom have scabies?

My mom got attacked at work by a ton of wire mites. They covered her whole body. She has become very itchy and has been lossing weight. She has entrance and exit wounds everywhere on her body of where bugs came out and went in. At first I was just on her head so se thought head lice but it got way worse then that. The doctors don't knoww hat to think. One said lyme (ah no) one said its not scabies but then they don't know what it is. Mymother is now down to 98 lbs and dropping. they also thought parasites. She sees the bugs everywhere. The doc prescribed her triamcinolone acetonide cream, lindine shampoo, and lindane lotion. They even gave her doxcycline. I do not know if she I currently still on the doxcycline. Now her heart is geting affected. They wouldn't treat her at the hospital before they were too afraid.

Until the heart problems progressed. Her dog got bit and then he threw up something and they had to put him to sleep. Please someone I don't want to loose my mom too. Please help

Old 08-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
(male)

reallyjohn HB User
Re: does my mom have scabies?

I have some things to try which will at least alleviate it ,and hopefully cure it.

The first is daily saunas. These insects are adapted to human body temperature , and if this temperature can be changed ,up or down ,it will kill them outright. Dont use those rental sauna tents (with u head sticking out) because they are useless.Dont waste u time with infra red saunas because they are next to useless-simply not hot enough. Look for a full on gym sauna. The way to use them to maximum benefit is to take the sauna, then a cold shower then finish with a sauna-the quick temperature variation will kill any insect . To save money , ask about a weekly gym membership.

The next thing to try is a new generation of compact diffuser which u should be able to get in your supermarket insecticide section. They are plugged into a power point and then work for 24 hours a day , for 10 days at a time , killing insects .Get your mom to leave it on all the time. I am not allowed to mention product names here, but look for large advertising words on the box like -night and day-it is one of the major insecticide companies with 4 letters in its name. PM me if you cant find it.

The next thing to try , which wont kill them but will repel them, is a health food shop item called "brewers yeast" (found cheaper in some supermarkets). Insects dont like the smell of people who eat this , so it will tend to keep them away.

The last thing i suggest is a medicine called "ivermectin". I wrote about it earlier in this forum (on this page) titled "scabies question". You should be able to get it from your doctor. It is a universal killer of most types of biting insects. If your doctor wont supply it then let me know and i will tell you how to get it.

Chin up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread