I recently contracted a skin infect on the calves of both legs. I'm quite certain I transferred it from one leg to the other by scratching my leg with my shoe. Others have told me it is poison Ivy, sumac, oak, or a reaction to the Sulfamate I have been taking for my staph infection, which is cleared up. I have not been any wooded area or been around anyone else who has had poison ivy. My leg just started itching and it has spread.
The infected area is incredibly itchy and sensitive. Maybe a little warm to touch?? Not really.
Does anyone have a different opinion on what this is? I'll be greatlful for any ideas anyone has Pictures attached.
The best treatment for Poison Ivy is a antibiotic called methylprednisolone.
I'v had Poison Ivy 2 times in the last 4 years and the methylprednisolone cleared me. My Derm prescribes me the 4MG one.
I take 2 tablets a day and after 4 or 5 days when the poison Ivy starts to go down, i take 1 a day.
I took antibiotics last summer for a tooth infection and ended up with hives. They started at work on a very hot day, and as the day wore on, became very red and extremely itchy. They spread quickly. I took benadryl and it cleared them up. Sounds like you might have hives as a reaction to your meds.