It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
(male)

andyisandy HB User
MDR TB ? TB Treatment

I am 36 year old, Male with a wt of 73 KG. I was born in India and living in UK for last 4.5 years.

I am undergoing a regular TB treatment from 8th September 2011 with a normal course of 6 Rifater tablets and Ethambutol ( 2 - 400MG + 3 100 MG tablets ).
There was no fever from 2nd day and my dry cough went in 2-3 days. I was feeling normal from 3rd day. Just got a bit of rash and doctor asked to take anti-histamine ( Cetrizine Hydrochloride ) - I take 1 tablet 10 mg this regularly 30 mins before my treatment.

From 25th Sep after 15 good days : I started getting temperature of 38.4 c in evening and 37.4 in morning with average of 37.7 during day. Got my old dry cough back as well.

Are this symptoms of MDR TB ? Whats the next things you recommend ?
My doctor is not very cooperative and my next appointmnet is in 6 weeks :-(.

Will appreciate your advice.

The following user gives a hug of support to andyisandy:
NewEnglandLymie (12-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
(female)

NewEnglandLymie HB User
Re: MDR TB ? TB Treatment

Hi AndyiSandy, I'm sorry no one replied to your post. I only saw it because I have begun to suspect that I might have non-pumonary TB....just a hunch. (Being treated for lyme and not recovering yet.) I lived in Rio de Janeiro for two years and TB can have a long latency period. I am only educating myself now so can't offer info...but I hope that back in Sept. you were able to see the doc sooner than six weeks and get things figured out. There's lots of MDR TB out there. But with compliance, still a great chance, as I understand it, of getting better. Docs in India are really great with TB--so much of the scientific literature published in English is written by docs in India, bless their hearts. I hope you are feeling much better now and that you are happy with your UK doc. There must be good docs trained in India, who know TB well, working in the UK. Here in the US, there is a specialty called "travel medicine"--they have more of a global picture when it comes to tropical IDs..Be well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread