It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

dtmar10 HB User
Doctors said they do not know...

Summary:

I am looking for some kinda of affliction that raises white count and other indicators of infection, is held back by antibiotics but not gotten rid of(at least in normal courses), and causes sudden and high spikes in blood pressure on a person whos pressure is normal if not low normally. The blood pressure also recedes to normal levels even without the benefits of blood pressure medicine after the antibiotics have been taken for a while. It also is not indicated as an infection when lab tests are run by infectious disease lab.

Explanation:

My father has been afflicted with a kind of sickness that to us most seems like infection, yet his general practitioner, not labs, nor infectious disease doctor have yet to be able to nail down what it is. They all believe it's there but so far have not presented with any options other than wait til you get sicker so its more obvious what it is. Here is the story

In January 2011, he had a tooth pulled which was afterward found to have a small abscess in it, or this was assumed by the dentist after he told her that he had a terrible taste after the extraction. She called him in right away for a steep course of antibiotics and sent him on his way.

Over the next couple months he presented with blood pressure that rose so quickly he could feel it and (he believes causes) the fact that his head flt like it had pressure on it and made him a bit dizzy or hard to walk straight. He took himself to the doctor. He had a full range of blood work and tests run. He was given blood pressure medicine to reduce the pressure, and general antibiotics. The antibiotics helped for the two weeks he had them. He then got progressively worse back to the point he was previously within a week. He tried multiple rounds of antibiotics prescribed some 2 weeks some 3 weeks. He always got better, and always got progressively worse the longer off of them he had been.

He saw an infectious disease doctor who also ran test and told him he knew something was wrong but just couldn't tell what it was. He said he needed to let himself get sicker so the affliction might present more obviously. Whether this is the right decision or not, he did not want to do this, because at this point he can barely get around, and could not work or pay bills.

Then there was some self-medication of antibiotics of a couple different types(I dont know the types, only what he told me). He continued taken antibiotics for basically the month of JULY. he felt great after this and had a solid 2 months of normal blood pressure, no sick feeling, and his tests indicated no fighting of infections or anything elevated. he felt great for 2 months, but through the month of October, he said he could feel it progressively coming back. He has now had more labwork done, and he has presented with about the same results as a month into this originally. His white count is high, and another count that fights infections or something was very high(nutreva, neutrino, something along these lines) Ill try to get the proper name here, Im working from memory.

Essentially Im looking to see if anyone here has ever seen anything like this. I know I dont have details for meds and things, Im certain i could find them if I had to, or if something thought they may have seen it before. but essentially what I am looking for is something that fits the bill of my summary at the top.

Thanks to anyone who reads.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread