It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

gabnvinmom HB User
My 7 year old, High ASO titer, rash for 2 years

Hello,

Well I am at my wits end! My 7 year old has been to the hematologist, the dermatologist, the cardiologist, the rheumatologist , the allergist and none seem to know whats wrong with her! It started with a rash on her thighs ( erythema multiforme) the PCP diagnosed it, then it goes away so i thought it was a reaction to maybe a medicine she was on for a cold or something. 3 weeks later it came back, spread to her calves. It has been doing this for 2 years. It is now on her thighs, calves, hands, arms, ankles, feet, and underarms or and her lower belly and back. It is not on her chest, face upper back or butt. It does not itch her. ASO titer was 1280, previous test 3 months back titer was 637. ESR and CRP were a little elevated but within "normal range" . She also has a low positive ANA 1:40. They send me to cardiologist who says nothing wrong with her heart. Rash biopsy from dermatologist came back non specific rash. Allergy tests revealed nothing. I am so lost! She does complain from time to time this hurts or that hurts but nothing horrible like she cant get out of bed. I just want to know whats wrong. Its so complex for her because its all over she dont wanna wear shorts or a dress, short sleeve shirts. Anybody can help~!?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

Misty6425 HB User
Re: My 7 year old, High ASO titer, rash for 2 years

My 7 year old son has the exact same thing but has more pronounced joint pain. Our pediatric rheumatologist just diagnosed him with post strep reactive arthritis. We are currently on antibiotics for 10 days and at the end will retest to see what his ASO titer is. Initially it was 1418 with no strep present.

Have you found anything out since you last posted this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
(female)

gabnvinmom HB User
Re: My 7 year old, High ASO titer, rash for 2 years

Hi Misty,

Well since this post, my daughter has been on penicillin, her rash went away but we now are expierencing serious join paints, hips, legs, wrists. Since her ASo level went down to 1260, not much at all. Very frustrated. I am sorry your son was diagnosed with post strep reactive arthritis. Having a child with these autoimmune issues is very frustrating and I can understand what you are feeling. My daughter has not had strep throat since 2010, and now had a breakthrough somehow, i dont know if the medicine is working, we have to go for more blood tests this saturday. My doctor ( pcp) suggested at one point maybe she had mono( children can get it ) good luck to u ! Please keep me informed!! I am so lost without support from others ...

huggssssss

Closed Thread