It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
(male)

IcarusLives HB User
Stinging all over body and constantly clearing throat. Please help.

Hello all, I am a 23 year old, Caucasian male and about 2 months ago I went to the hospital because my chest had a burning, stinging pain and I was constantly clearing my throat. The doctor prescribed me 5 day z-pak for an infection and after I took it the symptoms went away. A week later the symptoms came back and where much worse, my neck and head began to hurt and it felt like a lot of pressure in my forehead. That slowly went away and about a month later I went to the doctor about it and he prescribed me another 5 day z-pak again but told me he probably wouldnt take it and it would go away on its own. Its been about 2 weeks then my upper body starts having this stinging feeling. It started with just a little discomfort in my chest and forearms, especially when pressure was put on them but now my forearm, armpit, chest and stomach all have stinging feeling and sometimes slightly itchy. I have no fever but am still clearing my throat constantly and the phlegm has a awkward taste. Could this be just another symptom of the infection?
Additional information
I have no vision problems, no memory problems, no numbness, just stinging around my body. Recently diagnosed with a very mild case of Raynauds Phenomena.

Closed Thread