It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

whitsmom HB User
Question about daughter's strep infection

My 16 year old daughter was disagnosed with a strep infection after an ASO titer blood test in early January. She has suffered with migratory arthritis and we have had tests done on her heart and kidneys with excellent results. No problems there, thank the Lord!! She is on penicillin for 12 months. She had her tonsils removed in early March and has recovered from that very nicely.

My question is, can anyone who has dealt with this tell me how long she might deal with side effects? She has had a headache almost daily since it all began and has a bit of dizziness occasionally, along with some fatigue. She also still has quite a few sore spots from the arthritis, which the doctor says might hang on for awhile. She plays softball and has a fairly active social life, so I'm wondering if all of her activity might cause the symptoms to kick up when she gets run down.

She goes back the first of May for another blood test to see the status of the infection, so we have no idea how things stand there. The last test she had, about 2 1/2 months ago, still showed infection. So, I assume that symptoms might still present themselves until that is clear. Just curious if anyone can share their experiences. Thank you in advance!!

Closed Thread