It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

Johnxx34 HB User
flesh eatting

I had a strange flesh eating problem a few years ago. I noticed a spot on my chest that was discolored, when I scratched it the outer layer of skin came off and it looked a lite brown color. In a couple of days it grew in size and had spread to four different places on my upper chest, each about the size of a dime or a quarter. I went to a dermatologist that took a sample but couldnít say what it was. He gave me a prescription for something (can't remember what) but two days later they had grown larger. I was putting Neosporin on it but it didnít seem to do anything, I guess it helped stop the itching. I am disabled with chronic pain and was taking a lot of different medicines. I donít know why, I guess it was because I have so much alone time, but I tried putting some Hydrogen Peroxide on it. It killed whatever kind of bacteria it was. As soon as the Hydrogen Peroxide hit the infected skin it turned it charcoal black.
I understand that our skin is actually composed of five layers, the top layer was still there about a quarter inch inside the circumference of each infected area. I could see the blackened area through the top layer of skin. I scraped the top layer of skin backward, which made the areas larger, with a plastic spoon. Then I put Hydrogen Peroxide on it again. Again I could see the blackened area under the top layer of skin, about a quarter of an inch around the circumference of the infected area, so I scraped it back and put peroxide on it again. I had to do this several times until the original size grew from the size of a quarter until it was a black area the size of a silver dollar.
It took several months for the large black areas to go. I just used Neosporin on it to help stop the itching but the backteria was gone.
The areas that were infected have lost their pigmentation. The areas are milky white they wonít tan. Once I was out without a shirt and a nurse asked me about the white spots. I told her this story and she called one of her loved ones and asked me to tell her this story. She tried the Hydrogen Peroxide on her similar spots and had the same blackened reaction. I have tried to get the word about my condition out with little success. I am sure that there are many different kinds of weird skin conditions. I hope that this can help you in some way and if not this message may help someone else somewhere.
Luck to all,
John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Flesh eating bacteria

Greetings! They say if a person gets that to call 911 and run not walk to the emergency room. I understand that once a person is infected with staph aureus postive the germ hides in the body for life. I personally would want to keep tea tree oil tablets and steam activated charcoal available in the house at all times. I also wonder if I packed the wound with steam activated charcoal and salt if it would destroy the bacteria although some have said staph aureaus likes salt. Then I think I would let the area dry cool it with an ice pack inside a pillow case washing it well afterward and ironing clothes to destroy germs. I would avoid sweets since bacteria like sweets, dark, moisture and heat. Sometimes antibiotics hydrogen peroxide or neosporin might not be effective. I would do healthy lifestyle things to help keep up health. Peace, sjb

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
(male)

kyler3 HB User
Re: flesh eatting

I would contact the dr's office to find out what the lab test of the sample showed and to ask what the RX was.

Be careful with peroxide, as it can destroy healthy tissue.

Closed Thread