It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
(male)

Anon6349 HB User
tongue infection etc...

For many months now dating back to late November 2011, early December 2011, I have noticed that my tongue has been a bit strange. I have looked it all up online and it looks pretty consistent with geographic tongue, and also oral thrush at times. I get it every week since I had went out that night downtown. It's really weird, I had gone downtown drinking with a few friends and the next morning I was feeling really sick, maybe due to the alcohol cause I had a bit to drink that night. I had forgotten a lot of the night truth be told due to my heavy drinking that night. The next day though, I noticed that I had a cold sore on the bottom of my lip. I was really worried as to what it was, because I have never had this before to my knowledge. I was worried that I had contracted herpes. I called the doctor seeking advice about it, they had told me to just wait to see if its still there in the next few days, and since then it has gone away. I have not seen it since. I had never gotten checked out, because it had never came back. However, I started to feel weird later on, not exactly sure how much longer afterward. Felt like my tonsils were really sore, and it was really difficult for me to swallow. This eventually subsided with some sleep and medicine if I recall correctly. Again, I did not get checked out. But I still kept getting geographic tongue each and every week to this day, on the tip, front part of my tongue. And my tongue, also appears white sometimes, and looks like I have oral thrush. When I brush my tongue too much too, it bleeds, it looks like oral thrush for the most part, and at times I get geographic tongue. I also noticed that the back of my mouth, or roof of back of mouth is itchy at times. I was wondering what all this was, I did not get any of this before. I don't know if its due to my recent increase of alcohol consumption since ive turned 21. Also, I do remember friends saying I kissed someone that night, but don't remember much. I remember I was really worried for whatever reason that I had contracted herpes the next day though as I was feeling really sick. I also thought I had contracted HIV, and felt really down about it. I have never had sex before, I'm a virgin, and don't really make out with anyone often at all. I'm afraid that I may have contracted something, I hope to God that it isnt HIV or anything. Im uncertain if it is even possible to get HIV from saliva or kissing someone. And from what I hear it wasn't a long kiss a little tongue involved, we werent making out or anything. But anyways, what could it be? I would also like to point out, I use an inhaler for my asthma, I have allergies, and was diagnosed with eczema a few years ago. My mouth also gets really dry occasionally, I need to apply chapstick often. So, that's pretty much it. I have been dealing with a lot of stress as of late, have felt a bit depressed lately, but deal with this often to no one's knowledge. I thought I had testicular cancer the other day also, so got checked out at student health center, and doctor said it didnt feel like anything. I had my blood pressure taken, nurse said it was a bit higher than it was the last time I was there which was freshman year, before I started to drink as much as I do now. I pointed out that I was really nervous because I thought I did feel something, and that I had cancer, and lately let's just say my luck hasn't been so good. This entire summer so far, I have felt really down and depressed. But anyway, what I'm worried about is my mouth. I may be worrying a bit too much, but is it even possible that I could have contracted HIV from simply kissing, and what could it be in any other case? I know that may sound kind of ignorant, I don't know these things honestly, this is not my area of expertise or strong suit. But anyways, that's pretty much it. Would really appreciate some input on this. And if you need any additional information please let me know. Thank you. Oh yeah, I just remembered, my dermatologist had also prescribed metrogel to apply on my face over the same every few days due to a persistent rash I had around mustache area of my face. I believe I applied that during late July through i wanna late January, but it was only applied onto skin. Other than that, that's pretty much it. I think I have covered anything. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, again your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Anon6349; 07-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: tongue infection etc...

First, let me reassure you that you cannot contract herpes with contact one night and a breakout the next day. Using a steroid inhaler for your asthma can predispose to thrush, so I would see your Dr. or go to student health clinic, get a candida culture done, and a prescription for thrush. After using your steroid inhaler, rinse your mouth out with water, and that will help prevent the yeast infections in future. Also, you can run your inhaler holder and cap thru the dishwasher to remove any yeast on it, plus get a new toothbrush and run it thru dishwasher until done with treatment.

Closed Thread