Raised ASO titre , low platlets, fatigue
I hope if someone can help. I had exposure in africa and all this trouble started .
It started ( 2nd april ) with a mild pain in throat for 4 days then when it did not went away i looked up in to the mirror and found out 5-6 white spots on tonsil and uvula. they went away with salt water gargle but my mouth went very dry for a week and the pain in throat lasted.
I also had 2-3 night sweats and chills, dark urine etc..
So on 16th of April i saw my GP he said its a bacterial infection and just gave me doxef antibiotic for a week no relief i went again he again gave me another course of it i took it for 2 days and found rash small red dots on my body around 30 of them which went away in 8-10 days.
I stopped the 2nd course and went to an ENT he gave me some motrin it also did not help then i changed ENT and he gave me amoxyline for 1 week and ordered an x-ray to check sinus and a CBC x-ray was normal but CBC was elevated . After taking amoxylline for a week . i went in again then he prescribed me Ofloxin but i did not took it as when i read about it i got bit scared about Ofloxin tab's.
I gave my body some time as my pain was not severe .... but it was not going so i again went ot a ENT he asked me to take the following test's CRP,ASO & Throat culture .
My CRP & throat culture was -ve but my ASO titer was 255 . he gave me pentid ( penicillin tab's ) for 1 week it did not resolved the symptoms so he again gave me 7 day course , after the 2 week course of Pentid my throat got much better i took ASO test again and my titer was 222, he gave me Pentid for another 5 days, so finally my throat felt better..
But i still see those holes in my tonsils which appeared after onset of this infection, also my breath is not fresh even after brushing my teeth's even if i take mint my breath does not get better .My throat still hurts a bit. I have fatigue , calf pain sometimes, my legs feels weak.
What can i do ??
And by the way i have tested -ve for HIV, HSV 1 & 2, Syphilis, HCV, HBV at 4.5 months so i think these are not the case.
Also i tested -ve for Diabetes.
1. pain in right side of neck it feels like my lymph node on the right side is swollen and tenders.
2. I had thrush few days after exposure as there was white stuff on my foreskin of my genitalia and when i scraped it off i saw blood, and still having fungal infection their diagnosed by a dermatologist. ( it did not went away after applying cream )
4. weak legs.
5. continuous vibration in the sole of my left feet. some times in right as well. ( all though in beggning i had tingling sensation all over my body which are less now. )
6. my body part go numb very easily like when you sit on chair with one leg on another it gets numb quickly.
7. insomnia.( not getting deep sleep )
8. bad breath.
9. throat discomfort. ( doctor says i have little congestion in my throat ).
Are these problems due to raised ASO titer ??
I am quite tensed after reading now about people who had raised ASO titer .
Can anyone help ?? Whom should i approach to ?? As doctors do not think much about my symptoms.
Last edited by a7801; 08-02-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Reason: wanted to add my current symptoms.