It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

babyboomer6 HB Userbabyboomer6 HB User
Swollen lymph glands in groin? Spine surgery soon !!

Hey,
I have been having a panick attack. I am a chronic pain patien from spinal issues very severe. I have had three spine surgeries( TWO were huge) I am suppose to have another huge one at the end of Oct. Now, for the past couple months , I have had swollen glands in my groin area.I went to my pre-op last week and a couple blood tests came back elevated. They point to either inflammation or infection. My surgeon is ordering a interventional radiology biopsy on L5/S1 disc region to rule out infection.(it is all swollen there)My C reactive protein test was high and my sed rate was high. My white blood cell was normal. I also have been bothered with night sweats. Although not as much lately.i guess if I were a infectious disease Dr. Which way would I be looking more~~~infection, inflammation or possibly lymphoma? Or perhaps something else. Just need some input as I can't get this off my mind. I don't have the appt. for the biopsy yet, as it was too late to get an appt today. I just found this out today. And we have to drive three hrs. To get this done. I am hoping they get me in right away, as my surgery is Oct.29thin St. Louis Mo. It's huge and ten hrs. long. I have sagittal imbalance of my spine causing me to bend over at a 45 degree angle and I have been this way for two yrs. I can't stand up. Anyway, God Bless you all! babyboomer6 (Linda)

Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #2
(male)

hobweider HB User
Re: Swollen lymph glands in groin? Spine surgery soon !!

How are you after your surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread