It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

BarbieDolly HB User
Unhappy I've got lung tb

Hi

I need some advice.

I've got lung TB I have been on TB treatment for the past 4 months. For the past three months I have had pain all down my right side and a stiff neck dizziness headaches and confusion agitation.

My tb doc sent me for an brain and spine MRI this shows a lesion near my upper neck close to brain in a month he is sending me for another MRI but in contrast as he isn't clear to what it might be. Could this be TB related could it be that I don't have normal TB I have MDR multi drug resistant tb and that's causing inflammation I have had this horrible pain for weeks and now I get nauseous too.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
(male)

Global48 HB User
Re: I've got lung tb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieDolly View Post
Hi

I need some advice.

I've got lung TB I have been on TB treatment for the past 4 months. For the past three months I have had pain all down my right side and a stiff neck dizziness headaches and confusion agitation.

My tb doc sent me for an brain and spine MRI this shows a lesion near my upper neck close to brain in a month he is sending me for another MRI but in contrast as he isn't clear to what it might be. Could this be TB related could it be that I don't have normal TB I have MDR multi drug resistant tb and that's causing inflammation I have had this horrible pain for weeks and now I get nauseous too.
Hi,
I myself had TB when I was 13 ( 35 years ago). Although TB usually infects the lungs there are cases where TB can attack other organs such as kidneys, brain, spinal cord etc. TB bacteria in my case attacked the joints and it took dozen of physicians for about 1 year to diagnose it. I don't know with what medication you are being treated but 4 months is just the beginning of your treatment. INH & rifampin or another form of med, 1 year ( in my case I was treated for 2 years)it will do the job. Headache, stiff neck and dizziness is a cause for concern because there is a possibility that the TB bacteria could travel to the lining of the brain and could cause meningitis. Work closely with your physician and take those medications on time without missing a single dose. You'll be fine. I wish you well and hope to hear your response after you get the results of the MRI. Good LUCK!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Global48
BarbieDolly (03-25-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply