It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2004, 08:55 AM   #1

nickelly HB User
Gamine!

We're just wondering how you are! Did you go for your ultrasound? Hope all is well!

[removed]

Last edited by moderator2; 01-06-2004 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:25 AM   #2

gamine1 HB User
Re: Gamine!

Hi Nick!

Things are in total pause mode so I haven't got too much to report. I am going on Monday for my second u/s, the one that will show me heartbeat and also probably finalize the number of passengers I have on board. Last week there was definitely one, but the RE said there might be one we could not see because my ovaries were gigantic. All I know is that afternoon sickness has come to stay, and if I don't get 2 meals in before 3 pm, that is it for the day.

What have you decided to do? Are you taking a break for a cycle or starting again? Actually, I REALLY want to know what happened at the consult you went to. I meant to post my reaction to the doctor that was so unsuportively arrogant to you, with the "rolling eyes", but I don't think that kind of language is approved by this board! So I hope you had a better experience. This is no joke here, and no doctor has a right to make you feel uncomfortable asking about things!

I will keep checking in and will let you know the news as it happens.

Oh yea, I have still not posted to the Preg boards. I am not sure why, I think I am more comfortable here!

Have a great day!

gamine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #3

nickelly HB User

Hi Gamine!

I'm so glad you're well (except the sickness, I'm sorry about that!) - the holding pattern must be driving you crazy!! I can't wait to hear how many you have - my fingers are crossed for you! I know of a buddy that is thinking about you!

I'm 99% sure I'm starting my next cycle pretty quickly - probably start md lupron next week. I want to jump right in and then if this doesn't work, I'll take a month off. My ovaries are going a little crazy without the meds so I'll probably need to take a couple of cycles off. Thanks for the positives about the consult with my current RE - I have a consult next week with another RE and hope that I'm comfortable and will switch over to them.

How is your boss these days? Hopefully you're less stressed about work - enough is going on for you right now!

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

N

Old 01-10-2004, 05:31 AM   #4

nickelly HB User

Hi Gamine,

Hope all is well and your afternoon sickness has gone away. I'm afraid our buddy is losing one of her twins. She's coping really well and the other baby is doing well the doc says. She was able to see his/her arms and movement too! She wanted me to let you know and she's dying to find out how many you have! So you'll have to post as soon as you find out - Monday is the appointment, right?

I got my lupron and can't wait to start sticking myself - hopefully next week.

Take care,

N

Old 01-13-2004, 03:30 AM   #5

gamine1 HB User

Nicky!

I have twins! I went last night to the RE and he would not let me see the screen at first, then said "They both look fine". Both? I yelped! No wonder I feel so awful!

I saw the heartbeats and they are strong. I know that I am far from out of the woods though.

I am so glad that you are starting again. It sounds like you're staying with the same doc, if you are starting the Lupron again. What happened with the consult?

I have been extremely concerned about our buddy, and would love to talk to her. That is very sad news about one of her twins, and thank goodness the other is doing well. I have to be honest - part of the reason I am so thankful for twins at this time is that what is happening to our girl is not uncommon, and I feel like if something happened I would at least still have one. That may be helping her cope. Not that losing something so precious is not devastating!

You know how stressful the whole process is, and I have to tell you, it is not less stressful even with a positive result. Every cramp, every headache, anything feeling less than wonderful strikes fear. I am counting days until I get to the end of this trimester. I wish I could relax and enjoy!

Keep on posting your progress!

gale

Old 01-13-2004, 01:10 PM   #6

nickelly HB User

Hi Gamine,

Congratulations!! Wonderful news - strong heartbeats -that's great! I can only imagine what you're going through - worrying every day. I do hope that's me someday though - tough to keep the perspective from pre-pregnancy though I bet!

I'll tell our friend about your concern for her - I wish she could speak to you too - she's thinking about you!

I have a consultation at another clinic on Friday and I just called the insurance company to see if I could switch clinics mid-cycle - but then I thought, I'm not going to be mid-cycle anyway - I probably won't even go in for monitoring until monday, tues or wednesday! so if I decide to go to the new clinic they would just have to get authorization (and fast!) for a new cycle. I also found out about a program that Serono has that gives some meds out. I think you have to be lower income -works for me! I just started a company and we've been pretty tight and conservative on our pay, so that worked out. I think I'll be getting prescription insurance before my next cycle - wow - I hope there doesn't have to be a third, but I guess I'm being reasonable!

Take care of yourself - talk to you soon. When is your next appointment?

N

Last edited by nickelly; 01-14-2004 at 04:52 AM.

Old 01-17-2004, 11:33 AM   #7

gamine1 HB User

Hi Nick!

I have not been online in DAYS - soooo tired!

You just started a new company? That is incredible! Is it the training administration you were talking about a while ago? Wow, talk about new ventures all at once!

I had a scare yesterday - I started bleeding but it pretty much stopped, and I went in today for a quick u/s and Sol and Irving, as my father has started calling them, looked fine. The RE said that the bleeding might have been a third sac or something that was not really doing anything. Well, at least this time my dh was there to see and hear them.

I was starting to be less worried, and of course now i am again. This is another reason I don't go online - I will start to look things up and get crazy.

What is going on with your new cycle?

gale

Old 01-19-2004, 03:58 PM   #8

nickelly HB User

Hi Gamine,

I guess it's not a new company - over a year old now. Did the doctor say that the bleeding was normal? Try not to worry - I don't know what else to tell you!

I started gonal f on sunday and I'm feeling bloated already. I didn't get bloated last cycle until the last few days - hopefully doing accu two x a week will help with that. I got gonal f multi dose through that program I was talking about before, so I now do four shots a day - it's more convenient to mix though than the vials! Although I have some of them too. I'll switch it up to save my poor stomach!

I have to go out this week and will be out during my shot time - I'm thinking of loading a syringe of lupron and either a syringe (quicker) of the gonal or bring three vials - I'd just have to keep them cool. Suggestions? I've never had this problem - maybe I'll try to roll back the time I take them each night and day. I currently take them around 8 pm / 8 am. hmmmm, I wonder if I have enough time.

Anyway - first u/s and b/w is saturday - we shall see! our friend says hello.

Are you in that exhausted period? Do you not go online because you'll go to all the bulletin boards that have all the issues with pregnancies?

Hope all is well - take care!

N

Old 01-27-2004, 07:59 AM   #9

nickelly HB User

Hi Gamine - what's going on? How are you feeling?

Old 01-29-2004, 03:02 AM   #10

gamine1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelly
Hi Gamine - what's going on? How are you feeling?
Hi Nickelly - you are totally on the money, I have not been on a single preg or related site in weeks because I am too scared to read anything. I know that this is out of my hands, but I am still crampy and spotty and until I get past the first trimester I don't want to read any more that will add to my worry. AS it is I told my boss (had to, kinda complicated) and her comment was "Hope you can still do programs". Gee, so nice and happy and warm and supportive, right?

I actually came online this morning to check on YOU!

How are those shots going? I was bloated with gonal-f too, but at least they had less mixing and a nice small needle! How are your follies doing? Do you feel any different this time?

My thoughts have been with you!

How is our friend?

gamine

Old 01-29-2004, 10:18 AM   #11

nickelly HB User

Hi Gamine,

Good to hear from you. I have 'heard' that that is normal - I bet you can't wait to get the first trimester behind you! It's kinda strange to think we cycled together and you and our buddy (who says Hi and is thinking of you - 4 days til her 1st trim is over)are so far along already! Sounds like you have a real winner of a boss - ouch!

The shots are fine - I'm done with the multi-dose - with that I took four injections a day because of the lupron. So now I'm down to 2 shots a day since I'm on the vials.

I went for my 3rd u/s today and I have 6 follicles (I think 6 - it was VERY early) and I'm waiting to hear my results/instructions. It seems pretty much like last cycle, so I would imagine I will have retrieval around Sunday or Monday - we'll see! It's gone by fast! I'm still doing the acupuncture and I am still very bloated. I'm annoyed that I am too because I wasn't last time - oh well! Looking forward to the 2ww - NOT - wow I could definitely do without those two weeks. I don't even have anything to distract me - all the big work stuff is pretty much out of the way! Guess I'll have to find some 2ww buddies to destress with! Or maybe I'll just get some skycandles!!

Has the morning sickness gone? Hope so - take care!

Nic

Old 01-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #12

Nicivfgams HB User

Hi girls !!!! I have been reading your post now for over three months !! I think you are two wonderful people !!!!! Gamine -- how are you doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you still cramping and bleeding ?? I blead alittle at fiirst but just alittle and it was dark dark brown -- my Re said that it was just old blood and I needed to take it easy more ! I heard the dark blood meant that you was filtering out something that didn't belong there and that it was ok ----- I have been worried about you !! Is it dark or red ?? Your boss is a A** !! You have a woman boss -- right !!! well just ignore her -- she's just jelly or something. so when is your next appt. -- did you go to a regular obgyn yet...... hey are you talking progestrone still......I will be 12 weeks sunday and I quit my progestrone sunday. I am so excited to finially talk to you --- I hope you response back soon so I can see how you are doing. I've been keeping tracking of you too for awhile now !!

Nic -- how are you doing !!!! what did the RE say your big day is !! I hoping for sunday !!!!!!!! Do you know all of your numbers yet. I can't what to see how many they retrieve !!!!!!!!!!! Did you lite you candles last night !!!!

hey gamine have you choosen any names yet -- I like dylan david for a boy (my dad's name is david) and Jordyn Jean for a girl (Jean after my mom) I have triplet nieces so I am hoping for a boy BUT a girl would be just as wonderful !!!!

Well I am thinking of both of you !! take care and it is nice finally chatting with you too !!!!!!!!

c ya !!

Old 02-01-2004, 04:15 AM   #13

gamine1 HB User

Nick! Your retrieval might be today or tomorrow? Oh my God! Look, bloating is ok, 6 follies would be fab, and who knows how many you will have on R-day! I am totally thinking about you and wish I had been able to sign on Friday morning to let you know that BEFORE the big day! Hey, I don't even know which RE you ended up with!

You are still our buddy - you don't get away that easy!

And hello Nicivfgams! It is nice to have a friend here with us! I am 10 1/2 weeks now, and I go to the OB on Thursday. My RE stopped my progesterone on Friday, which I was worried about (esp. after reading your post) and then I was a little bleedy in the middle of the night, but you know, the spotting seems to have stopped and I have a wierd feeling it was related to those darn progesterone suppositories. I don't miss them AT ALL.

I actually wanted Dylan but my cousing "stole it"...Jordan too! His son is Dylan Jordan. We have two of each name sorta picked out - Rachel Molly and Liam Dylan (tough!), Isabella unknown and maybe Eli. In two weeks I will be less scared of losing one.

What books are you reading? And, do you want to know what you are having? Nick, will you want to know? Also - Nick - there is a book called The Mother of all Pregnancy Books which, although you will of course be successful this time, starts with preconception, and has nutrition tips. I found it a little negative in the pregnancy part, too much time spent on bad and sad things, but alot of it is good.

Well I will keep checking up on you ladies! Nick, are you rooting for the Patriots?

Ciao!
gamine

Last edited by gamine1; 02-01-2004 at 04:16 AM.

Old 02-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #14

nickelly HB User

Hello ladies!

Well today is the day! I triggered on Friday at 2:30 am, so I am now starving and thirsty! I'll leave in a bit for the clinic and will ask them to put the iv in early as I'm feeling very dehydrated - even thinking about is making me thirstier! I hope they don't burn my hand again with the anesthesia

did you guys have more eggs than you thought when you went for retrieval? I did last time, so I'm curious if that's normal or not. I didn't think it was, but can't remember from 2 - 3 months ago!!!!! I'm so happy for you girls.

I love the names Molly and Liam - Dylan's good too - I think it's rather popular at the minute though isn't it? I don't know, I haven't thought about names in quite a while! I love David too and that is so sweet to name Jean after your mom!! I know this topic was more for you girls than me, but you're going to get my opinion anyway!! hahaha.

I just finished reading 'inconceivable' by Ben Elton who I think is absolutely hilarious. It's kinda sad because it reminds me of all the crap we're going through/gone through, but it definitely made me laugh when I thought I couldn't. A good friend also sent me a book on fertility that I read too - although it's HUGE! so I'm taking my time with it. haha!!

Gamine - when will you be back on? I'd love to post my results live, so let me know.

We are planning on going to my sisters today after retrieval for the game - either of you too rooting for one team or the other? Gamine you're in NY, so will you be an enemy in April once baseball season starts? hahahaha! I'm not a huge football fan, go to a game a year usually, but I am looking forward to seeing the game today and being with my family and niece and nephew. A lot of my friends are huge fans - some have gone to Houston without tickets just on the off-chance that they can get some.

That's it for now! Take care my friends and GO PATS!!!

N

Old 02-02-2004, 03:47 AM   #15

gamine1 HB User

Nicky, it is 6:45 in the morning, and this is when I go on because i feel too yucky at night, but I will go on first thing when I get home! I hope they did not burn you with the anasthetic, and that you had fab eggs! I think I had a couple fewer eggs than they thought, but you know, I kinda remember that you had MORE last time!

YAY PATS!!!!! I got an after-game text message from my best friend in Irelans who is from Boston and took today off from work so she could watch the game....I am NOT A YANKEE FAN AT ALL - I am a big Mets fan, so now you can REALLY "hate" me....

I will check in later. I hope it went well!!

Closed Thread