It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 03:11 AM   #1

Wen30 HB User
Adhesion removal - prognosis for pregnancy?

Hi there

I had an internal ultrsound a couple of weeks ago and the ultrasound suggested I may have adhesions. My ovaries were very immobile which the doctor said is a strong suggestion I have adhesions. I am booked in to have a laparoscopy on the 23rd. If adhesions are found then they will be removed there and then. Can anyone else share any information with me as to what my prognosis is assuming the adhesions are successfully removed and my fallopian tubes are clear? Do most people still need to go onto assisted reproduction afterwards or will there now be a chance that I will fall pregnant naturally?

My dh and I have been ttc for 14 months - normal sperm, ovulation, progesterone, etc etc. On the last stretch of investigation now.

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #2

kshea HB User
Re: Adhesion removal - prognosis for pregnancy?

I am also in a similar situation as yours, and am scheduled for lap at the end of April. I am also on my 14th month of trying. Please let me know how your procedure turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen30
Hi there

I had an internal ultrsound a couple of weeks ago and the ultrasound suggested I may have adhesions. My ovaries were very immobile which the doctor said is a strong suggestion I have adhesions. I am booked in to have a laparoscopy on the 23rd. If adhesions are found then they will be removed there and then. Can anyone else share any information with me as to what my prognosis is assuming the adhesions are successfully removed and my fallopian tubes are clear? Do most people still need to go onto assisted reproduction afterwards or will there now be a chance that I will fall pregnant naturally?

My dh and I have been ttc for 14 months - normal sperm, ovulation, progesterone, etc etc. On the last stretch of investigation now.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #3

Wen30 HB User

Hi there

I had my lap last week and there were no adhesions at all! He found a little endometriosis scattered around but not much. I haven't had a follow-up appointment with him yet, but he indicated in the hospital that the endometriosis wasn't a big issue as there was so little of it. Everything else was clear, so I guess I now officially fall into the "unexplained" category of infertility! Before the lap, he indicated that it would be a good idea to wait 6 more months before trying any form of infertility treatment if everything turned out to be clear. I guess I need to decide if I can wait 6 months!

Good luck for your lap.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:39 PM   #4

kshea HB User

Thank you for the info. How was your lap? How many days were you off work? Was the pain bad?

Well I am happy that there wasn't anything wrong with you, yet it is too bad that you fall into the "unexplained" category. Are you planning on starting any meds? My doctor gave me the choice of the lap or the meds, yet if there are problems internally, the meds will not help.

Keep up hope, there are many things that can be done!

KS

Closed Thread