It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 06:16 PM   #1

linmor HB User
ZERO Sperm Count

Well we got the results of my husband's SA/.....two of them and his count is a big fat ZERO!!!!!!!

He had an operation when he was younger for undescended testicles. This may or may not have someting ot do with it but who knows. We have to go see a urologist now so please pray for good news!

Old 03-20-2004, 08:18 PM   #2

linmor HB User
Re: ZERO Sperm Count

IS there anyone else out here who is or has experienced this? PLease let me know. I could use some hope!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 09:41 PM   #3

SNILVR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by linmor
IS there anyone else out here who is or has experienced this? PLease let me know. I could use some hope!!!
Hello,

My DH also has a zero sperm count. We found out from a urologist that it is something that is inherited. It has something to do with him not having all the right parts to make the sperm and to be able to push what few 4/5 sperm that he might make out. They described it as if you take a donut and cut it in half that there will be millions of little spahgetti like things and cut those in half and one thing makes the sperm and the other is able to help push them out. They said that they could do an extraction to see if he had any sperm to use for ivf but i will not put him thru that and we can not afford ivf and insurance doesn't cover it. They said that maybe in 10 years they might have something they can do to fix his problem but nothing right now. So we are in the process of trying to adopt for the past 1 1/2 years and also started doing IUI's in Nov of 2003. Just now starting another cycle and waiting to see if i am ovulating on my right side so we can have another one. My left tube is blocked and meds don't really help me produce more than one egg. So just playing the waiting game. Good luck and i hope that others will be able to give you some other answers. Kristin

Old 03-21-2004, 06:47 AM   #4

linmor HB User

Thanks Kristin, WHat is an IUI?

I am hoping that the cause of his zero sount has something to do with the surgeries he had when he was little. Thanks for your support and good luck to both of you.

Old 03-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #5

SNILVR HB User

Linmor,

An IUI is an INTER UTERINE INSEMINATION. They either use your husband's sperm either from him collecting it on his own or using a sperm donor like we are using from a sperm bank. Good Luck!
Kristin

Old 03-21-2004, 07:15 PM   #6

linmor HB User

Well good luck with your procedure.

I hope it turns out well. Do you live in Canada or the USA?

Old 03-21-2004, 07:53 PM   #7

SNILVR HB User

[QUOTE=linmor]Well good luck with your procedure.

I hope it turns out well. Do you live in Canada or the USA?[/QUOTE

Thanks!

We live in Southern Il. in the USA.

Old 06-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #8

ILoveMyCFHubby HB User

my husband also had a test done and his sperm count is zero. He has a condition called cystic fibrosis which causes him to be missing one of the vas deferens which is the tube that the sperm comes out through. I am presently taking clomid for the next 6 months to one year b4 trying the in vitro procedure that they combine with another one called ICSI. They also have to go in and do a sperm aspiration procedure on my husband to see if he has any good sperm in there since it can't come out on its own. good luck I know it is rough. we want a baby so bad and it is hard @ times but we know everything will work itself out. Just keep praying about it!

Old 07-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #9
Inactive

jasmine j HB User

We were told that my husbands sperm count was zero 3 weeks before we got married. We had been trying to concieve for 2 years.According to the Urologist it was something that went wrong during Puberty. My husbands testicles are quite small and maybe the "right bits" just didnt develop then. However he has a low platlet blood count and is always tired and he is only in his 30s.He is also very under weight which i know effects womans fertility but having said all that the Urologist said its irrelevant.

The only way i can have another child is I.U.I with Donor Sperm. I must also take Chlomid fertility drug (even though iam ovulating perfectly well) as this gives me a better chance of concieving.

We are gutted about this. We cant adopt and iam so worried about all the implications of this procedure.Im 37 and my husband is 30. I cannot imagine my life without more children. I have one who is 9 from my previous relationship. Having said all that i know everything happens for a reason and i will try and remain positive

Closed Thread