It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #1

ang7182 HB User
Question 4th IUI - Update Update

UPDATE UPDATE - 4th IUI - NEGATIVE. Doctor closed door on DH and me for IVF. One cycle, my FSH was 12.1 and this doctor's lab does has rules when a FSH is above 10. Searched and found 2nd doctor and educated DH and me on labs. Each fertility doctor's labs have rules. 2nd doctor was encouraging - said his lab goes up to 16 FSH and even 25 FSH. He had a woman with a 25 FSH and she became pregnant. So there is some hope. 2nd doctor is going to give max. Gonal F and see how many foccilles. If I can ovulate 5 or more, I am a candidate for IVF. The max Gonal F meds will be an IUI cycle, so at least there is still a chance during this testing time. One can only hope and pray.

Hi,

Anyone in my age bracket experiencing what I am experiencing?

I'm 43 years old - hubby and I met late in life. Wonderful marriage, relationship - wanting to be parents is our desire, but having a little trouble in that area.

Well I had my 4th IUI 7 days ago - and 7 days from now I go to have PG test.
This morning, the 7th day, I started to feel the cramps you feel when Aunt flow is coming. I am getting depressed. Had 2 terrific folliclies - size 18 and 15. Hubby had 90% motility and 24 million. My lining was thick as well before my HCG shot. I am on progesterone suppositories 2x a day as well. Will there ever be good news in our lives for a family? Doc said we are "unexplained fertility" but also age is a huge factor. I produce good folliclies each cycle with Gonal F shots and my hubby has 90% and over 20 million each and every time. My positive thoughts are turning negative now that I had a feel of pms, even though the progesterone suppositories took it away. I am thinking it is only temporary until my body fights through it and Aunt Flow appears and no PG for me and hubby once again.

I am losing faith of a family for me and hubby. Doc says he will allow us 5th and 6th IUI. IVF may not be an option for us because of my FSH numbers just barely going over 10.

We can't afford adoption - our insurance was covering IUI's so we had financial relief. And if we were a candidate for IVF - we can only afford 1 witha possible 2nd - depending how many eggs can be retrieved from me.

Anyone in my age bracket experiencing what I am experiencing? Thank you.

Last edited by ang7182; 09-09-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 06:34 PM   #2

shushylover HB User
Re: On My 4th IUI - Need Encouragement Please

Hi im only 20.....But I know how you feel....don't lose faith I won't ever.....If you have to adopt then go to your church a friend of mine couldn't afford it either and my dads church did a fundraiser for her....She ended up with a lil boy named whalen and he is 3 yrs old now....Plus theres government grants that also help with adoptions and if you have to try personal adoptions most girls that are pregnant only want med bills to take care of the baby and thats a good way to go too....I hope it works out for you... Please don't lose faith its always on your side....

Old 09-02-2004, 12:22 PM   #3

serendipity1984 HB User

Ang -
Hang in there!! My husband and i are 38 and we've got "unexplained" infertility also. I've had two IUI's so far. I just had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp - doc said that he wasn't sure that it was causing a problem, but decided to remove it to increase our odds. We're now trying to decide whether to do more IUI's or jump to IVF. I know how frustrating it is, every month, you feel your clock ticking louder. I assume you're on gonal or other similar med - make sure you start it ASAP in your cycle. I haven't been producing numerous eggs (typically just 1-2 even on meds) and my theory is that being somewhat older i need to start Gonal earlier - even on day 1 to jump start the process. More eggs = more chance of success. Maybe even a higher dosage.

Good luck, Ang - Hang in there!!!!!

Old 09-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

I am 36 and in the midst of an IUI cycle myself. I know what it is like to have perfect numbers and not conceive so I understand your frustration. I also wanted to give you a couple of thoughts to reinstate your hope... First, your pms feelings could also be the signs of pregnancy. From everything I have heard and read, it can mimick AF very well in the very beginning and that would be about accurate timing for you at this point, right? Second, my sis conceived at the age of 43 on a whim!!!!!!!!! She was shocked. And now I am going to add a third...stress plays a LARGE factor, so do not focus on the negative. I know that everyone tells us this constantly, but I have a book ("Conquering Infertility" by, Alice Domar) that actually puts researched numbers to it...and I nearly fell over!!! Be positive.......and keep us posted. I am sending you sticky baby vibes right now.

Old 09-03-2004, 07:41 AM   #5
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User

Hang in there!!!! My mother in law was 41 when she had my DH and 3 when she had my SIL. I am 31 but I know how you feel. My Dh and I tried for four and half years did 6 months of back to back IUI's and nothing, although I have PCOS I still had good numbers. I truly believe that the timing was off. We were aboutto start IVF and 2 weeks before our first appointment I found out I was PG naturally.
8/11/04 via C-Section
10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Old 09-03-2004, 09:49 AM   #6

Tracy47 HB User

Hi Ladies,

I'm in the process of starting IVF, and wanted to add a little advice that was given to me. Your body and your mind work as a team when you are trying to concieve and if you are stress out, your body tends to react to those feelings and tense up. When you are tense, the fertilized eggs won't attach to the uterus, you much be relaxed in order for this to happen. I KNOW it's a lot easier said than done, but I'm taking this advice from someone who this has worked for her time and time again. Try to go to get spa treatments, acupuncture. meditate, breathe deeply and think all positive thoughts even if you have to write them down and stick them all over the place. The better your frame of mind, the better your chances!

Good luck ladies.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:44 PM   #7

cehappy HB User

Same here. I am 33. I have tried 4 clomid with insemination and now 2 gonal-f and insemination. Last month, I had NINE mature follicles. I thought that had to be good. My lining was 11cm. Every month it is so depressing when you find out you are not pregnant. I am not covered for IVf, and I am an elmentary school teacher. The worst part is that I worry that I will NEVER get pregnant. If someone was to tell me that I will get pregnant, it will just take awhile, I would be ok. My little sister is due in a week and my best friend, 25, just found out she is pregnant. It is so hard. I can't image my life without my children. I am with you and my good thoughts are for you.

Last edited by cehappy; 09-05-2004 at 07:44 PM.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:04 AM   #8

ang7182 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity1984
Ang -
Hang in there!! My husband and i are 38 and we've got "unexplained" infertility also. I've had two IUI's so far. I just had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp - doc said that he wasn't sure that it was causing a problem, but decided to remove it to increase our odds. We're now trying to decide whether to do more IUI's or jump to IVF. I know how frustrating it is, every month, you feel your clock ticking louder. I assume you're on gonal or other similar med - make sure you start it ASAP in your cycle. I haven't been producing numerous eggs (typically just 1-2 even on meds) and my theory is that being somewhat older i need to start Gonal earlier - even on day 1 to jump start the process. More eggs = more chance of success. Maybe even a higher dosage.

Good luck, Ang - Hang in there!!!!!

Closed Thread