It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 03:36 PM   #1
Inactive

Ginger0620 HB User
Angry Gonal-F and IUI

Hi I'm new. Just stumbbled on this site by mistake.

I'm 26 and my husband and I have been trying for kids for 5 years. First 2 years I was on Clomid. Then gave up for 1 year. Now I'm on Gonal-F (first cycle). On monday and tuesday I had IUI. Today is friday. Can I feel the symtoms so early or I have to wait till the end of my cycle? Has anyone got pregnant the first time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #2

EthansMom27 HB User
Talking Re: Gonal-F and IUI

I used clomid for 3 cycles without any response. I then went to Gonal F (75) and then had the hcg shot and timed intercourse and that is when my son was conceived. Gonal F is suppose to be one of the best injectibles out there from what i have read. I am also in the 2ww! My son is 2 and i'm hoping this round worked as well as the first time with my son. I also did 1 amp this time with the hcg then timed intercourse. I had 4 follicles 3 on one side and 1 on the other and i'm hoping for positive results!! What was your response like with the Gonal F?

Laurie ds (6/19/02)
also in the 2ww!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
Inactive

Ginger0620 HB User
Re: Gonal-F and IUI

Thanks for replying.

I also had 1 follicule on one side and 3 on the other side. my husbands sperm count was 10 million and 15 million. HCG worked well. They said everything looks good, but have to wait till the end of my cycle. I used 150 units, no respose at all. Then I was on 225 for about a week and a half. My problem was that I get my period like once or twice a year. I should know by Sept 4th.

Old 08-28-2004, 08:57 AM   #4

EthansMom27 HB User

Hi!
Wow we sound like we are both on the same track! I also do not get my period often unless i am on bcp's which i have been on most of my life before and after my son. Makes ya wonder why you do so much to try to prevent pregnancy and then when it comes time it's such a challenge to get pregnant in the first place! I have a beta test done at the RE's office on Sept 4th also!! My boobs r really sore and i have tons of noticeable blue veins everywhere. I guess it could be a side effect of the hcg shot too so i hate even trying to guess. 2 weeks seems like it is forever! The fact that you had that many follicles is really good......it only takes one and to think that we both had 4 is really great! Did you find the gonal F to be much better as far as side effects go? I sure did. I hated the side effects from it and it didn't even produce any follicles for me so i wasn't sure about the gonal f and what a much better response. The gonal f is better because it is pure and you don't have to digest it or anything so i think that's why it works better for most people. Especially people who don't ovulate frequently like us. Well keep me updated. Glad to know someone is waiting it out like me!
Laurie

Old 08-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
Inactive

Ginger0620 HB User

Hi Laurie

From trying everything else, I thought that Gonal F was great. No side effects. But the doctor said I was too young to accept only high dosage. So I'm hoping it will work the first time. When I get my period, my nipples hurt. But this time it's my breasts. Am I thinking too positive? I don't know if it's from HCG. Never took it before. Did you have to insert progesterone also? I do. 100mg. Doctor said it will help a little to keep my eggs up there a little longer.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #6

EthansMom27 HB User

Hi!

Your definetly not thinking too positive...always good to keep positive! My boobs r killing me more and more every day and this happened the last time before i found out i was pregnant with my son. I also have to take progesterone suppositories (200mg 3 times a day) and i also did my last pregnancy. It prolongs your luteal phase and helps keep your lining nourished. I am 27 and my Dr. also agrees with yours about age and the fact you don't need to be on high dosages of injectibles. With my son i used 1 and 1/2 amps.....this time i used 1 amp because he thought i would respond just as well and i did plus lessen the chance for multiples which is just fine with me. I'm feeling tired too lately it's very weird but it could be from the progesterone and from thinking about all of this constantly!! I hope you had just as good of luck as i did the first time and i'm glad your taking the progesterone because i hear that is one of the key things for many women to sustain a pregnancy with using injectibles. So this is the week i can't wait to be over......and then in another sense i'm getting more nervous as the days go on....how bout you??

Old 08-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #7

KelliC HB User

Hi Ladies, Stumbled upon this site as well. I am starting Clomid + Ovidrel + GonalF. Any advice? I tried Clomid a few times a couple years ago before the stress got so bad between my hubby and I. Took a break and now need to try hard, I am turning 36 in November. We are having IUI also, but only 1 per cycle. We will have intercourse the 1st day and IUI the 2nd so my hubby feels more "natural" about it all....... I know the Clomid will make me moody (scared about that)...what about you all?????? Thanks, KelliC

Old 08-29-2004, 03:51 PM   #8

KelliC HB User

Hi, my Dr, says I don't need Progesterone, that the Clomid fixes LP Defect. What does yours say?? Thanks, Kelli

Old 08-30-2004, 08:38 AM   #9
Inactive

Ginger0620 HB User

Hi
Well clomid did nothing for me at all. Even gonal f 150 units. I did 225. But I never took ovidrel. Maybe we have a different name here. I got IUI 2 times, and had intercourse also everyday. In that way we could think that IUI didn't work and intercourse worked. LOL

Old 08-30-2004, 10:34 AM   #10

Kandi Kane HB User
Exclamation Re: Gonal-F and IUI

Hi there~
I am new to the board...i am writting to ask if you have ever heard of REPRONEX...???? I am suppose to be taking these injections starting the beginning of Sept. I have read up on it a little and it seems very intense. I see that you have taken the Gonal F and that is in the same ballpark as the repronex...just wondering if there were side effects with the gonal f taken with clomid...? I would just like some personal experiences as opposed to stats on a web page...
kindly,
Kandi

Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #11
(female)

nbjjas HB User
New to Gonal-F and IUI

I just started on injections with gonal f. My doctor just increased my dose from 75 to 150 after there is a drop in my E2 from my blood test. Doc says the E2 should be increasing in order to ovulate.I'm worried my follicles are not growing. I have one 10mm in my right ovary & two very small ones in the left. Actually I do not have menses...unless I take medication. This is due to my Low FSH & LH...Will the follicles failed me?

Worried Jas

Closed Thread