It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User
help - ovidrel trigger/+hpt did I test too soon???

Help! I am about going out of my mind. it's been 15 days since my hcg trigger shot and 13 days since IUI. I was told by the nurse that I could take an hpt tomorrow but I did it tonight and it was positive. I just got through telling everyone I was 100% sure it didn't work this month since I totally have cramps. I can't believe I tested, now I am a nervous wreck. I know I must still have trigger shot in my system. But I read that it's out after 14 days. I am probably the exception to the rule so it probably stays in my body extra long just to make me crazy. Anyone have any thoughts? Did I test too early. Why did I have to pee on that stupid stick. Why couldn't I just wait til friday for my blood test? AHHHH Oh yeah, stupid me, I bought the most sensitive test there is so most likely it's just the trigger still lingering. Maybe I will go back to the store for a cheapo and take another test.
thanks,
Stacy

Old 11-17-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User
Re: help - ovidrel trigger/+hpt did I test too soon???

Okay, breeeeeathe! We are here for you no matter what!

Yes, I have always heard that it is 14 days for it to leave - I have heard 16 days once - but almost always 14 days. If I were you, I would go buy another test and do it in the morning, Then I would schedule a beta.

I think your cramps could mean both! (AF or pg!!!).....I am sooo roooting for you!!!!!! Sending you tons of baby dust - extra sticky tooo!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

Thank you sooo much for your reply. I thought since I got the 5 day early test that that was why it was positive, so I went straight to CVS after I told my dh and bought CVS brand and Accuclear brand and took both. Both were positive too. But... I still can't get my hopes up. I will take them again tomorrow and see if the lines get any darker! But I do have a blood test scheduled for friday so we'll know for sure then. I will probably get the same old negative news. And even if it is positive, I can't get excited until I know the levels are increasing as they're supposed to. I would also be nervous about these cramps. I don't think it would be normal to feel so crampy if I actually was pregnant.
Thanks so much again for your response. I hope the tests are right, but I doubt it. Next time I will wait for the blood test. This is too much to handle! I will keep you informed, but most likely friday I will get that dreaded, "I'm very sorry, but I am calling with bad news, the test was negative." I can hear it already.
Thanks sooo much!
Stacy

Old 11-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

Be positive! Visualize your getting good news instead of bad!!!!!!

And I have heard of women getting cramps with pregnancy...don't rule it out!!!

You made me laugh when you said you went and got 2 more brands - that is just soooooo me!

Stacy, hun, you can do what yo want - but me, I'm PULLING FOR YA!!!!!!!!

Let us know!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

Thank you! The negative attitude is just me trying not to get my hopes up. I am afraid if I do it will be so hard to hear it if it's negative. But inside, I am hoping, praying, wishing, it could really be. I've never gotten this far before. Even if it's a false positive, it's the first positive test I have ever taken! What a strange feeling to not even be able to jump for joy.
Thanks so much for your positive wishes!
That's funny about the tests, it's so sad how much money we spend on those things, just to pee on them and throw them away! I think I spent about 50 bucks today alone! I should buy stock!
How are you doing? Hope you are well.
Thanks again!
Stacy

Old 11-17-2004, 03:35 PM   #6
Inactive

DSAK143 HB User

Hey stacy

I just wanted to tell you that while PG I had all sorts of cramping and stuff!

I'm rootin' for ya too!! BE POSITIVE!!!!

Good Luck and BABYDUST shower right at ya!!!!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Doreen

Old 11-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

Thanks Doreen, that's encouraging. Wow, I don't know what I would do without this board, you are all so great. I really needed to get this all out and you guys are so great to listen and help! I don't want to tell anyone else except my husband so it's so nice to be able to tell all you guys my concerns.
Same to you guys, baby dust sprinkled on you by the ton!
Stacy

Old 11-17-2004, 03:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacydl
The negative attitude is just me trying not to get my hopes up. I am afraid if I do it will be so hard to hear it if it's negative.
I know it is sooo hard to believe after all we have been through. I'm a major second-guesser!!! But, I also believe in the power of positive energy...and I'm throwing it your way! I have followed tons of your posts and I know what all you have been through. You deserve this!!!

Quote:
That's funny about the tests, it's so sad how much money we spend on those things, just to pee on them and throw them away! I think I spent about 50 bucks today alone! I should buy stock!
How are you doing? Hope you are well.
I am on break - I did two failed IUI's, both with follistim - I will start back up probably in January - adding in some good ole Lupron shots just for kicks!

AF is rearing her hellacious head today - and I needed some good news coming from somewhere - and POW! - there was your post! I'm telling ya!!! I have a good feeling here - this could be it for you!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

I think follistim and gonal f (which is what I'm doing) are the same, just different brands. I don't blame you for taking a break. I was just talking to a friend today about taking a break for the holidays. I think if this is negative though we're going to continue with that one more gonal F IUI and then take time off before starting IVF. I hope that when you start back up in January, you have great results. Is the lupron to suppress you so that you might produce more follicles or something? I know they give lupron for ivf too. I hope that's the extra kick you need. At least you will be able to really enjoy the holiday season and not have to worry about doctors appointments and shots, etc. My friend is taking a break and she said it's the best feeling. She isn't worrying every second or checking the tp every time she goes to the bathroom. For me, the two week wait is the most relaxing part of the whole cycle. No shots, no doctors appointments, ahh, it's like a vacation except the mental part is doing a number on me.
I also heard a nice story today. A woman my friend works with was making plans to pick up her new baby in china that she was adopting, and she found out she was pregnant. That happens so often, it's crazy. How ironic. God works in mysterious ways I suppose.
Best of luck to you and thanks again for the positive vibes! I'll let you know how it goes friday!
Stacy

Old 11-17-2004, 04:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

Stacy, that is a beautiful story. Maybe it was meant to be that those two kids were suppossed to grow up together.

Yes, I think our drugs are the same. And the lupron is to prevent me from ovulating early - my body always wants to do that early while stimming. I took a break because I have fibromyalgia and I was feeling a little flared up - probably form other stress...our house is currently under construction...and I recently had a falling out in my family. I was blamed by a few for not helping out to move my parents while going through a treatment. I don't want to get off on this, but I take care of EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING in my family and I had to sit this one out for medical reasons and felt extremely hurt by this. So, I just thought it would be a big waste to go through it feeling this way. Sorry - kinda a long story.

As I have told Doreen, when DH and I do another treatment - we have to decide on IUI (with a bigger dose of follistim and lupron) or to go ahead with IVF (better odds). It is a really big decision and I don't think I am ready to make it right now. I agree with your friend about the break being nice - my dr. said "if you're gonna take one, then really take one...don't think about every little thing you'r doing". So, I am enjoying my wine right now!

I cannot wait to hear your update!!!!!! I'll be sending some vibes!!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 07:28 PM   #11

Living4Him HB User

Hi Healthseeker, I have read quite a few of your posts and I just wanted to let you know that I went through IVF and it really isn't that bad. The success rate is a lot higher than IUI, so it is something to think about. I really feel for you with all the stress of your family. Hard to believe they could be that harsh. This is all so overwhelmingly emotional!!! I'm sending prayers your way that whatever you choose to do next will result in a BFP!! Have a relaxing and wonderful Christmas Holiday!

Old 11-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #12

Living4Him HB User

Sorry Stacy, I meant to wish you luck as well. After my IVF I of course took a HPT on the 13th day after the shot and got a bfp, but the next day it was lighter, barely there. So I knew it was still the shot. I was just too anxious! Then ended up with a bfn. I say this to encourage you, because by the 15th day there was nothing on the test. (Yes, I used like 4 or 5 tests!) So I'm sure the shot is out of your system. I'm praying for a BFP on Friday for you!! Take care! Oh, I also have had pms cramps when I was pregnant, sure it was af coming but it wasn't.

Last edited by Living4Him; 11-17-2004 at 07:47 PM.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:53 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

Thank you so much, Living4Him, for your very kind post and your prayers. I just got through reading yours too! My gosh, you must have your hands full with 5 boys - that has got to make for a great Christmas family photo this time of year!!! I hope and pray for a daughter for you soemday and no, I don't think that is selfish at all - especially in your circumstance. Good luck to you!!!

Last edited by healthseeker; 11-17-2004 at 11:21 PM.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:02 PM   #14

TRIPSN1 HB User

Stacy,
I wish you the best of luck...try to stay positive. When we went through IVF I did the same thing you did and took the pg test before my blood test. It was positive and I could have kicked myself. I was a nervous wreck. It turned out it was truly positive. I can tell you cramps are a normal feeling of pg. This was the only symptom I had. The cramping can be caused from implantation of an embryo. Good luck!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #15

babyonmymind247 HB User

Hi Stacy,
Michelle here, OMG I am so praying for you to have BFP tomarrow! I have been thinking of you and I haven't been to the boards in awhile because I'm taking a break this month RE orders because of my episode last month. And I was so happy to read through your post.
BE OPTIMISTIC! I know it is very frustrating but you have always given others positive thinking, now it is our turns to pull for you. I have a good feeling for you this could be your month. I say if you a feeling symptoms you may have never felt before it is a good sign. I have heard of women say they have cramping like it could be AF but surprise BFP! I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Even though we are taking a break we are still going to TTC today would be the first day of O and we are starting tonight BD every other day.
*********Baby Dust, Baby Dust, Baby Dust***********

Closed Thread