It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #1

dani_78_78 HB User
Tests before taking clomid

My RE did an HSG, and blood tests before putting me on clomid but I notice that some of you had even more tests. If you would list all of the tests that we should get done before starting clomid I would appreciate it.
Dani

Old 02-23-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

rachel_shb HB User
Re: Tests before taking clomid

hi dani,
i think the kind of test given to you depends on your condition. i had the same tests you had: blood test and hsg. but i also had US on fertile days (cd13/14) for two cycles to see whether i had follicles in both ovaries. only after that then i was put on clomid.

oh, has the dh been checked too? just to see if there were problems on his side. hope this help.

rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User

I had the same tests you had but my Dh also had to get checked and he had vericoseals so he had to have surgery first and then we were allowed to take clomid with IUI's.
8/11/04 via C-Section
10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Old 02-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #4

dani_78_78 HB User

My RE said dh had low morphology for the first test. Then for the second test he had 50 percent. I guess it improved alot. They still want him to see an andrologist. But they are still having me start clomid. They said we could do artificial insemination if we don't get pregnant the first month. I'm still going to have him see someone though. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to waste any of our chances with the clomid because I know you can't take it too many times.

My RE hasn't set up any blood tests before I go on clomid. Well a pregnancy test but that is all. I'm going to have to ask if they need to do other tests. I get a little nervous because everyone gets different advice from their doctors. I don't really like the nurse I have to talk to either. I feel like I'm bothering her when I call.

Good luck to both of you I really appreciate your replies.

Dani

Last edited by dani_78_78; 02-24-2005 at 01:26 PM.

Closed Thread