It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User
Question No symptoms after IUI

I had my first IUI yesterday (Saturday) morning, following an HCG trigger shot on Thursday. Up until the insemination, my stomach (ovary area) felt really weird and sore. About 6 or so hours after the insemination, the soreness went away. Now, I don't feel anything.

I'm scared that the IUI didn't work because now I feel nothing.

Shouldn't I be feeling symptoms, at least I would think from the HCG shot since the hormone should still be in my body?

Has anyone had a successful IUI with no symptoms following the insemination?

I'm so sad that this IUI may not have worked. Is my worrying premature since it's only been a day since the IUI? when should symptoms start?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
(female)

PrincessAZ HB User
Re: No symptoms after IUI

I had my first IUI last month after being on clomid at the start of my cycle. It was not successful. I hear that the chances go up each time so hopefully it will be better this month. But dont get discouraged and it is too soon to tell whether it took or not so just stay busy and hopefully it will be a success.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Thanks for the message! I'm still in the 2ww. I had spotting about 3.5 days after the IUI...not sure what that was all about.

Good luck with your next IUI!

Old 03-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ravaemarie HB User

Nancy - I want to help you feel better, but not sure if I can or not. I have had it both ways with my IUI's. I have had 4 of them and with the 1st one I had cramps so bad for days after and also sore breasts, but I had that pretty much the whole time I was on Clomid. The 2nd IUI, I had NO symptoms except the sore breasts, as well as the 3rd IUI, just a little cramping from over stimulation of the ovaries. I can't remember which one it was, but with one of them, I did have nausea, I'm sure it was from the HCG shot. The bad thing is, when you have the HCG shot, it can give you the same symptoms of pregnancy, so you can get your hopes up, just to find out the symptoms came from the shot. With my 4th IUI, I had hyper-stimulation of my ovaries, so I was in pretty severe pain for about 3 weeks after the IUI and I had a bad feeling that since that happened to me, I was not pregnant. I didn't get pregnant with any of my IUI's, but I am not telling you that to worry you or bring your hopes down in any way. What I am saying is everyone is different and experiences different symptoms and side effects with all the drugs we are taking. I myself experienced different side effects using the same drugs the 1st 3 times I had IUI, so it can even differ in the same person.

Stay positive - but also remember the reality. Everything happens for a reason and although that is soooo hard to see when we are in the situation we are in, it's still true. Hang in there on your 2WW and know that we are all pulling for you!!!

Baby Dust to all!

~ravae

Oh - when I told my nurse after my 1st IUI cycle that I knew I wasn't pregnant because I didn't have any side effects, she told me that alot of times no symptoms are a good sign. Also, you won't start having "real" symptoms of pregnancy until at least implantation which is 7-10 days after IUI...Just FYI. Good Luck!!

Old 03-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Thanks ravaemarie for the information. It does make me feel a little better.

I had a few questions...how did you know you had over stimulation???
Also, what was the dosage for your medications?
I had 100mg Clomid for days 5-9 and then Follistim 75 ml for days 5,7,9,11. I ended up with 2 or 3 mature follicles. My husbands washed count was 30 million (so no male factor problems)
How many follicles did you have? were there male factor issues in your case?

Old 03-22-2006, 06:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ravaemarie HB User

For my 1st IUI, I did Clomid 50mg and had 2 mature follicles, then he upped it to 150mg for 2nd and 3rd IUI. Then I did Repronex injections for the 4th IUI and that's when I had over-stimulation. I never had more than 3-4 MATURE follicles on any of the medication, but we controlled the Repronex so we would not get too many follicles because we are not candidates for selective reduction, so we didn't want to take a chance with more than 4-5 follicles.

I didn't really know that I had overstimulation, but my ovaries were so sore for several days after the IUI and that was not "normal" for me so I called the doctor and they had me come in for an u/s. My ovaries were the size of oranges and kept growing. You could see them through my belly, because it totally popped out and I couldn't wear any of my clothes, had to go buy new stretchy elastic waist pants to wear for a couple weeks. The worst part was not being able to do ANYTHING. They told me that I could WALK and that's all I could do, no cleaning, no excersizing, no bending over, etc...as my ovaries, being so big, could have twisted and that means SURGERY and, quite possibly a dead ovary.

My situation was not as bad as it can get. If you have shortness of breath or are not urinating as much as you normally do (like hardly anything at all), then you know it's pretty bad. Most people get a little overstimulation because that's what the drugs to, they over stimulate your ovaries to create more mature follicles to release eggs, but in some cases, like mine, they get TOO over-stimulated. The bad thing is, when I am ready to go through all of this again, it's almost certain to happen again.

Anyway, I hope your 2WW is going well and FAST!!! My prayers are with you and I'm always sending BABY DUST!!

~Ravae

Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Glad to hear that you didn't need surgery....over stimulation sounds scary.

My 2ww should be over this weekend. I'm hoping the IUI worked because I don't want to have to go through it again.

I wish you the best of luck!

Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Glad to hear that you did not need surgery.

My 2ww should be over this weekend.

I wish you the best of luck!

Closed Thread