It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Wink Acupuncture anyone?

So one suggestion for a "better" cycle from my RE was acupuncture. I'm kind of a freak with needles (so you could probably guess I had issues and anxiety with my last cycle) so I don't know about the idea of intentionally sticking large needles all over my body just to feel euphoric ...but if it helps, why not?
So, my question is, anyone try it? Were you scared or shaky? I'm kind of freaking out that if I jolt or something, they'll miss the "right spot" and it'll hurt. How is one supposed to feel afterward? And, does it really help you relax? Also, anyone have success or heard of someone who has? Thanks!!
~Krissi

Old 05-24-2006, 05:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User
Re: Acupuncture anyone?

I have never tried accupuncture but I know someone who has for fertility. She did it while doing IVF. She said that it didn't hurt and it was relaxing but she kinda wasn't sold on the whole thing. She had tried IVF so many times before she did the accupuncture with no BFP. I am not sure how many times she did the accupuncture but I know it was a few. The good news is she is pregnant now with twins so whether or not it worked who knows. I would try it once and see how you like it. Im sure your RE wouldn't suggest it if he didn't have faith in it. Good luck...keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

waiting4ababy HB User

Hey Km the same day as my transfer for my first IVF we went ahead and did acupuncture it didn't really hurt that much there was maybe like 3 places that it was uncomfortable when she put it in but other than that it was pretty painless. I would suggest though to do it more than 1 time like I did. I think it is a good idea and hey why not right. Hey by the way how did your appointment go on tuesday? Ours went pretty well we decided to do round 2 in August I start lupron like July 22. Retrieval week of August 14th.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marriot HB User

I go twice a week. The needles are really more like pins and don't go deep enough to cause pain. It's very relaxing. There's a lot of massage, chiropractic, and hot clothese involved. I love it! I come out feeling like a million bucks -- I hope it's working!

Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

Well, on Tuesday my RE said that an FET was suggested but that it would be up to me. I think I'm going ahead with it, and if it doesn't work, I'll go with another fresh. My estrogen patches and PIO were already ordered awaiting my delivery time and I'm just needing to verify that my insurance covers FETs, (it covers regular IVFs unlimited times so I don't see why it wouldn't). I'm just nervous that they may not thaw well, and b/c I only have 2, that doesn't leave me any wiggle room. But they are at blast stage, and I guess I'm hopeful about that.
Acupuncture may also be covered by my insurance if I get my RE to write a refferal so I'm going to look into it.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

waiting4ababy HB User

I think tring the Frozen transfer is a great idea and your RE is right in saying that you already have 2 that have gone to blast now is as good a time as any. And if you think about it, it will be much easier on your body espeacially if it works. And in saying that don't be nervous you have just as good of a chance than anybody else. I wish I had frozen so I could try it that way before another fresh. Even though we had some eggs go to to blast we decided not to freeze them do to a messed up cycle. What happened was when we did the IVF the first time the eggs and sperm sat in the dish over not not doing a thing. None of them fertilized at all over night. So they had to do a recovery ICSI fertilizing most of them but you have to think about the certain window that they missed in the endometrium. SO we transferred 2 at day 3, I believe they ended up being 5 cells at the time. Needless to say they didn't take and then 2 made it to blast allowing them the chance to freeze but being that the cycle was a pretty freak cycle my husband and I decided against it. Hopefully if given the chance we will have a lot of embies to freeze this cycle being that we are doing IVF with ICSI immediately. SO to wrap up I think this is a good thing for you and you have a lot of supporters here on this site. So, do know that we are all rooting for you!

Last edited by waiting4ababy; 05-24-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Closed Thread