It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
HCG trigger and how long HCG stays in system

Hi all. I had an HCG trigger 1 week ago and IUI 5 days ago. I was curious how long before I could safely do a HPT and not worry about a false positive. I tested today (I couldn't help myself) and got a faint positive, so I think it must still be the trigger in my system. But anyway, I thought I'd share some info I found on when testing can be done...

Quote:
How long does it take synthetic hCG (trigger shot) to leave my body before I can test for pregnancy?
Every woman's metabolism is different, but as a general rule of thumb, you should allow 1 day for every 1,000 units of hCG you injected. The standard hCG dose is 10,000 units; thus, 10 days after the shot, the synthetic hCG should be gone and you should be able to test for pregnancy without detecting the shot. However, you should ask your doctor what the recommended protocol for your dosage is.

Some women choose to test daily to monitor the presence of the hCG in their bodies; once the synthetic hCG is gone, the tests become negative. If the hCG "comes back" and the HPT's turn positive again, it's likely due to a pregnancy and not the leftover hormone shot.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

SPIDERLAMPP30 HB User
Re: HCG trigger and how long HCG stays in system

Hey
I wanted to let you know that It took about 7 days Post trigger for it to be removed. I tested everyday until I got my negative and continued. Not pregnant this time. I hope it works for you. Keep posting
Pennie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: HCG trigger and how long HCG stays in system

Thanks Pennie for the info. I was sorry to hear that this wasn't your month for the BFP (I saw some of your earlier posts). But I'm praying next month will be your month!!

Anyway, just FYI, I got a negative this morning on my HPT so the HCG must be out of my system now? I'm 8 days post trigger (more like 7.5 days), but only 6 days post IUI so it'd be pretty early to expect a true positive...but at least now maybe I can trust the results a little more if I do get a BFP. I'm trying to stay positive even though my lining was so thin...we'll see. I'm going to try to test every 2nd or 3rd day, we'll see if I can hold out from testing every day. Probably not, but I need to try to save money where I can, and save my sanity. Haha. Anyway, thanks for your support.

Closed Thread