It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

rekha HB User
new to injectibles - any buddies?

Hi there, I am new to this board, and to injectibles.

I have had three unsuccessful clomid/IUI cycles. Now am on 75 iu of bravelle per day. I went in for u/s on day 4 and had 4-5 follicles around 8 mm each.

Am not sure if this is good, or not. I am scheduled for another u/s on Monday.

Just curious as to what anybody else's experiences with injectibles are.

thanks everyone....

Old 08-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: new to injectibles - any buddies?

Hi Rekha! Sorry, I don't have any experience with injectables (other than my one HCG shot, but that's so easy it doesn't really count). I have tried Clomid only with 2 cycles, then this month I did Clomid, estrogen vaginal tabs, HCG trigger, and now progesterone gel. I'm in my 2ww now...

Anyway, I was just wondering if you're going to try IUI again or are you doing IVF this cycle?

Last edited by Heyknack; 08-28-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

Hi rehka,

I tried 2 rounds of femara (similar to clomid) with IUI's and they both were unsuccessful. My last month of treatments I did injectables. I was on 75IU of follistim for 7 days. During your monitoring they look at how many follicles are maturing and their size. My RE also monitored my estradiol levels as well, which is accurate in determining how many follicles are "mature." An estradiol level of 200 means you have one mature follicle so if you have a level around 600 you most likely have 3 mature follicles etc. I had a bunch of smaller follicles but they only allowed me to have 2-3 mature on the day of my IUI. I think mine were about 18 in size when I had my procedure and my estradiol was approx 580. My cycle would have been cancelled if I produced too many follicles due to the possiblity of multiples. I used ovidrel to trigger ovulation and I took the injection at 10:00 at night and we had to do the BD that night. The next day which was saturday we took off of Bding and then Sunday Morning we went in for the IUI. We had to do the BD that sunday and the next day! Try not to skip the BD the day of the IUI. You may be crampy but my RE said that is the most important time to do it. The last IUI was very painful afterward. I had a lot of cramping which they say is normal. I took Tylenol and it helped a little. I was successful this last IUI so hopefully you will be too! Let me know if you have any questions. There are so many of us on this board that have become pregnant from IUI's!!! Good luck and I will be thinking of you!

Baby dust!

Koukla

Old 08-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
(female)

rekha HB User

hi thank you to Heyknack and Koukla3

I am so glad to hear your experience, Koukla, it gives me immense hope. I have never bd'd after an IUI but I might have to this time.

I also was so sore one IUI because they couldnt get the catheter thru the cervix, and they had to open my cervix with a teneculum, and I was out for the rest of the day. I hope that doesnt happen this time, because now I work daily from 12-5.

I had to get a p/time job cuz the cost is killing us.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

HI Rehka

I totally understand about the cost. we just got our final bill the other day in the mail and i just can't wait to pay it off. hopefully your cervix will be wide open the day of the procedure. If you are doing a trigger shot they have it timed so perfectly that you are "ready" for the IUI. All the fertile signs are there including a wide open cervix!!!! I think you will like being on the injections much better than the clomid...I know that I did. I didn't have as many side effects with the follistim (mood changes/weight gain) like I did on femara. Hopefully this will be your month...I will be thinking of you! Lots of luck to you and your dh

Baby dust!

Koukla

Old 08-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
(female)

fila75 HB User

HI Rehka

I am doing injectibles too. I am on Folistim at 450 dosage. My right ovary is at 18mm and the left is at 16mm. My Re's office called today and said I have to go back in tomorrow because the ovaries grow 2-3 mm per day after they hit 10mm. Hopefully I could do IUI Thursday.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
(female)

rekha HB User

Hey Fila, I also am scheduled for IUI on Thursday. I trigger tomorrow night.

However my u/s results were not so great...I just have one dominant follicle at 15.8 and rest 9mm or less. So the plan is to hope for that one follicle.

I hope for the best and good luck to you!

Closed Thread