It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
cramps, guess i need reassurance!!

well i am now 4 days post transfer, so im guessing er would have been "o" day, and that would put me at 7dpo... on monday (5dpo) i had some "twinge" like cramps, and then on 6dpo some more "period like" cramps, nothing bad enough to make me take anything, and the same kinda pain on and off today.. is this normal?? im hoping its "implantation cramping!" but i know i will not be sure until i take the actual test.. did most women have cramps in the beginning that felt just like ur period cramps?? with af i occasionally got on and off cramps after ovulation, that is why i am scared.. i guess i am just looking for reassurance.. i know there are chances this wont work, but i atleast dont wanna start doubting it just yet.!! ive heard of other women cramping days after transfer, this started 2 days after a 3 days transfer... could this be from the progesterone?? any1 whose experienced this, please share

Old 08-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User
Re: cramps, guess i need reassurance!!

oh my, i think you may be pregnant. You know, same symptoms like mine.

Wednesday, ET
I didn't feel anything until Sunday, all day cramping. I woke up during that same Sunday night with those pulling cramping. On Monday my AF sensation started really strong. I could had swore my period was coming. It went on all the way till Friday (Beta day). I was still feeling the AF very strong. I was so scared and discouraged at the same time. I really thought it was my period. Later on during that day, they told me I had a BFP at 395.

After that Friday, my AF sensation went away gradually.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

suesy HB User

asprousey - I got cramping, but it was very specifically located on the lower right and left side (not in the middle) of my abdomen. And, yes, it was around the same time. I never got AF cramping before so I had a good feeling about "implantation cramping" - I think I may have even posted something here about that a month ago or so... sounds like we all have the same experience, which hopefully is a good sign for you!!!

On another note, even if it is AF cramping, would it be happening this early (~7 days prior to AF arrival??). That doesn't seem right, but I also know everyone's body is different. Ah, the joys of the 2ww - hang in there, we're all pulling for you!!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

suesy is right, on my Sunday, the pulling cramping was on the bottom sides (left and right)... sometimes down there too !!!
Anyway, but when that Monday i was feeling my AF, my crampings weren't on the side anymore, they actually were in the middle. Just like AF symptom.

Suesy, you are lucky you haven't experience those symptoms. Whew!

and as far as 7 days .. yup, sometimes you can feel those that far. But I guess it wouldn't be as strong as I felt them, mine AF sensation was as if my period was coming the very next day.

hang in there ASPROUSEY05!!

Old 08-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

Well, I never had PMS cramping prior to AF..only during AF. But after my transfer, I had some cramping, like pulling cramps on either side like rbettis was describing. They came and went and came again and once in a while I still get them even now at 6w6d. So, it could be a very good sign!!

Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

i never knew women didnt have "pms cramping" before their period!! wish i was that lucky, lol... i cant believe its only been 4 days, 10 more days still.. ahhhh!!! i might cheat and take an hpt, bc id rather be home with dh and have it be more personal... but i dont wanna do it "too early" how many dpo can u test?? i figure if it comes out negative i wont be too discouraged, bc i know it might be too early... but if it comes out positive, chances are that the beta will be positive too!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

suesy HB User

I've heard various recommendations regarding how soon after the hcg trigger you can test. The ultra-conservative view seems to be 14 days post-hcg shot, but I got a "real" BFP 11 days post-hcg. I think the more realistic estimate is that the hcg should be out of your system within 5-7 days after the trigger shot, unless you have very slow metabolism. I actually did 3 hpts prior to my blood test... mostly to make sure it wasn't just the hcg, and because I was in a state of disbelief and had to keep doing it to convince myself it was real and not just a faulty test!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #8
(female)

jac116 HB User

Progesterone makes me sooooooooo crampy!! I wanted to wish you lots of luck!!! I tested 11 days post trigger & got a very faint line, then days 12 & 13 (today) were much darker.....ok...ok....I did 2 HPT tests today b/c I think this still may be a fluke!
We're all rooting for you !!!

Last edited by jac116; 08-30-2006 at 06:16 PM.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

waiting4ababy HB User

WOW I have goose bumps!!! Asprousey according to these ladies you are sitten very pretty over there. I think you are all there. I am so excited for you I actually already bought my Hpt tests. Last time I didn't even go down the isle at wal-mart with the hpts in it. I was very superstitious this cycle I am out of the norm. But Asprousey its getting closer I think you are going to be a mommy eeeeeeeeee.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:09 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

well i went to the re for bloodwork just to test my estrogen and progesterone today, and i found out that none of the other 7 embies made it to freeze rbettis i know how u felt!!! it is very discouraging... and i had to ask about it today, supposedly she tried to call me sometime this week, but says she didnt want to leave a messsage on my voicemail... so u only try once?? im hoping our outcome is the same, and the ones they put back made it!!!!!! today is 10 days post trigger, so im thinking of buying a few hpts and start testing this sat, it is a week before my actual beta, but 12 days post trigger, so we will see!! i was gonna try and wait it out, but dh is also very impatient and he want to know if his babies are sticking!!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:05 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

ASPROUSEY05

Think that your body is the best place for yor beanies. You will see, they are surviving. Per your symptoms seems like you may be there. We are all crossing our fingers.

BTW, I couldn't take it anymore and I did a pregnancy test 3 days prior to my beta day. I took three test and they couldn't tell me whether I was pregnant or not. Cheezzzzzzz Luizzzzzzzzz.... I was then upset for wasting my money cuz I was back to square one: NOT KNOWING...

aaaahhhh those 2ww!

BTW, I may not be carrying twins. I have read few posts where the ladies had very high HCG levels like me and they were carrying only one baby.
But whatever the # is, they'll be very welcome

Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

what do u mean they couldnt tell u if u were pregnant?? with numbers that high an hpt shoulda picked it up!!!! well, i guess u can only find out when u have 1st u/s how many babes are in there.. my dh is so scared because we transferred 3 embabies, that they will all implant, but we are more scared of not being pregnant at all, that we will take it one step at a time!!! my re couldnt stop talking about how young i am and great i was doing that he was so surprised that outta the 17 they retrieved only 10 eggs matured and even tho all fertilized he thought more would have made it to 8 cells by 3, and then the other 7 well i guess didnt make it to blast or they woulda froze them thats why we transferred 3, bc orignally we thought our only obstacle was dh sperm count etc... after re saw that only a few embies were progressing he was concerned there was a problemo with my eggs or something, thats why he suggested 3 being transferred instead of our original plan of 2! well, i guess i just gotta wait and see what life hands me next btw when is ur u/s???

Old 08-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

well i took an hpt today (i know its too early, i plan on starting to test sat.,)
the hcg if oficially outta my system.. i wanted to test b4 i started "testing" so that i wouldnt confuse it with the trigger shot!! i got first response early result and it came with 3 tests, i hope they treat me well!!! and i get to see my first BFP ever!

Old 08-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

I did the same thing. I was glad in a way to know that any BFP's I'd see would be real/for sure! Of course I have yet to see a true BFP, but I'm still hoping, I have 4-5 more days before I'll know for sure (AF due in 4 days, beta in 5 days). I hope that you get to see that first BFP, good luck!!

Closed Thread