It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Unhappy My body just does not want to COOPERATE!!

Ugh, I just feel like my body is retarded. This is so frustrating to be going through infertility in the first place. And now, even doing the treatments, my body just seems like it can't even respond like everyone else. My uterine lining was so thin last cycle (even with additional estrogen) that I was given a slim chance of getting pregnant with the IUI--which turned out right on target. My last cycle was BFN. Ok, so then I'm hopeful because this cycle I can start injectables. But my period was really delayed. Then it finally came on Saturday, and I went in today for my day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound, and I have a huge ovarian cyst, likely from the Clomid last cycle. I was suspicious because I had so much abdominal pain last cycle, even after I supposedly ovulated. So, since I have the cyst, the nurse said the doctor would probably want to wait 4-8 weeks to allow the cyst to go away. I know we have to wait, and I know it's in my best interest, I totally understand that. But I'm so tired of waiting all the time, I just want a baby. I'm just feeling very, very frustrated and sad that nothing ever seems to work with me. I feel sort of lost right now because I have no treatment to start, nothing to look forward to right now. I guess I can look forward to a month of normal BDing with my hubby? LOL. On clomid I was so dry the last month, we couldn't even BD one night, it was terrible. So I guess there's something good. Anyway, I just had to vent and update on my situation. Hope everyone else's bodies cooperate this month...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

Dawn1 HB User
Re: My body just does not want to COOPERATE!!

What about doing something else to prepare yourself for your next procedure? I have decided that there are things i can do outside of the treatments to mentally help with my situation. I am going to start acupuncture this week and am making a change with my job. I am also taking up yoga.
Not that you need to do all of this at once, but i get what you are saying. When you arent doing something to help you get to your ultimate goal, it can be very depressing.
Just a thought...

Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

i am so sorry!! u r right the waiting sucks!! it is one of the hardest things about all of this... i just finished one ivf and now im not on meds and nothin is going on and as much as i like the break its weird not to wake up super early to get my shot!!! anyway, i wish u the best with ur wait, treat urself and try and do something fun... that u didnt have time to do with all these dr appts we deal with!

Old 09-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Cubed HB User

Heyknack --
I feel you! I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated about the wait. I was so unhappy when my IVF cycle was cancelled -- I felt like it took me just about forever to get to that point -- only to be told to stop meds and wait another 3 weeks for AF to come. I'm still waiting for AF -- and once she comes I get to wait another 3 weeks while I take bcps. Wait wait wait -- I'm so sick of it! But I'm trying my best to be patient and to take solace in the fact that DH and I are doing everything we can to make things work -- the rest is up to a Higher Power. Anyhow, I've been trying to take my mind off of it by doing a lot of reading for pleasure, organizing and cleaning my house, exercising, getting together with friends -- and my DH actually planned a surprise getaway for me (with my girlfriends) to the beach this weekend. (Once he had organized it with my friends, he broke the news so I didn't make other plans for that weekend.) So I'm really looking forward to that, too. Anyhow, I'm hoping that your body cooperates with your mind and your determination after this break (I know it will), and I will pray for a quick end to your cyst and smooth sailing into your next cycle!

Old 09-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
(female)

miracle2006 HB User

heyknack,

i know the waiting sucks. as hard as it is to wait, i jsut keep telling myself, good things come to those who wait. hang in there, your body will let you know when the right time is.

hugs and kisses

Old 09-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

Thanks for all your positive replies, everyone. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one that feels like I'm waiting all the time, lol. It's so hard. Also, Dawn, I was actually thinking about trying acupuncture. I think I'll call my RE tomorrow and get the phone number(s). That's another thing I can do to keep myself busy, to feel like I'm doing something helpful. And I recently started working out again--sad that I haven't worked out in like 3 years!! Hopefully all these things will make my body better the next time around...

Closed Thread