It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

hlarthur HB User
dealing with the depression?

any suggestions for dealing with the depression after a bfn. i've always been prone to anxiety and depression, but learned to control it without medicine. i don't like taking meds every day. but with all the extra hormones i'm on right now its much harder to control.

speaking of not taking meds every day here's an uplifting thought--though a little cynical--at least with all the fertility problems my dh and i have getting preg the first time we'll never have to worry about birthcontol or condoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: dealing with the depression?

I also am looking for suggestions. So far the only thing that has helped me is to feel like I'm doing something to help my situation. I feel that one of the worst things about infertility is the feeling of helplessness, loss of control and hopelessness. Today I just ordered some fertility yoga DVD's and a meditation CD off the internet--so maybe I can help my mind and body, as well as doing the actual fertility treatments. I've also been considering acupuncture, but I think I'll try these other things first. It just helps me to feel like I'm DOING something you know? I don't know if it will help, I guess I'll keep you posted, but it's a thought.

Last edited by Heyknack; 09-17-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

hlarthur, i def know what u mean.. i just try and do stuff with dh that i like, i gave myself an "organizing" project.. i went to ikea and bought some stuff and im going to try and organize closets, then im going to move on the the kitchen cabinets etc.. life is so much easier with organization i make dh take me out to eat, and most days im ok, but then if im not busy or if anything little sets my mood off, i get very emotional and im a mess!! i def agree to just try and do stuff etc..

Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
(female)

icare2 HB User

I don't want to preach to anyone, but I have found turning things over to God has really helped me. I have had some really, really down moments, where I felt like giving up. But, I have prayed about it and just trusted Him to help me through, and he always does. I also think the support group we have on this forum is wonderful. We are all here for eachother. Sometimes it helps to just talk it out, or in our case, type it out. Hang in there, and don't give up!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icare2
I don't want to preach to anyone, but I have found turning things over to God has ......ve up!!!!!!!!
I agree, God always knows what is best and he is there with you. Talk to him, he will never forsake you.

The organizing thing is also very good. I have done exactly that. When I start, I noticed myself dragging my feet. But once I start, I get pretty pumped up... then I want to go onto the next organization project.

Do you sew? I have done projects around the house: pillows, several beds for my doggy, and even drapery.. wow that one was a big project!

Another thing that helps is working out. Go swimming. That really helps.

When you are depressed, you usually need to push yourself as you drag your feet, but once you are into it, it gets better.

Closed Thread