It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

RedOnion HB User
Taking a cycle off after Bravelle/IUI

HI,
i am new here- always been a lurker and figured that after 2 years of TTC, i should just suck it up and officially sign up.

I just go the BFN a few days ago after my first Bravelle with IUI cycle. my questions are:

1. the RN told me that i have to take a month off before doing injectibles again because ovaries are enlarged. is this common? i never had an ultrasound after the iui, so are they just telling me that usually the ovaries are enlarged or that mine were?

2. during the cycle, they increased my dose of Bravelle to 3 vials for the last 4 days. i matured 2 follicles (19, 20mm) and lining was an 8 at IUI. I asked if those were good and the RN said, Yes, they're fine. I want to know the truth though- is that really good? how many follicles are good and how many are too many?

Old 09-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
(female)

spice8 HB User
Re: Taking a cycle off after Bravelle/IUI

Well, first of all Welcome to the boards. And I am so very sorry to hear about your BFN. I know how disappointing that is. I myself have had a long road of infertility as well as all the others on this board and I can tell you that I wished I had found this board a long time ago. Everyone here is so WONDERFUL and supportive!!!! I guess to try and answer your questions: Yes, I have been told that you usually need to take a month off in between cycles to try to get everything back to "normal". I actually overstimulated with my first round of IVF so he said he absolutely would not dream of continuing the cycle because I could possibly have the OHSS if they did ER and ET and I got pregnant. He said I could do ER and freeze but of course with freezing it does decrease your success rate a bit and you still would have had to go through the actual ER procedure and cost. So we opted to just cancel the cycle and start fresh. So, basically I started stimming in July had to cancel then after my period started I started on birth control pills to help regulate me and by the latter part of August I was stimming again and had ER on August 29th and ET on September 1st. So even though it seems like a long time it goes by pretty quickly. And I am happy to report a BFP. I will go for my first Ultrasound this Thursday Oct. 5th. So, there is definitley still hope. As for your second question about bravelle, unfortunatley I have not had any experience with that drug, I used follistem. But the egg size and lining levels sound pretty good. I actually produced alot of eggs (that is why we had to cancel the first time) but I have heard that it is not the quantity but the quality that matters and that is the size that my doctor said they needed to be.
Well, enough of my rambling. I hope I have been of some help to you and if you have any other questions for me I would be glad to help you in any way I can. I wish you much luck and please do not give up hope because as you can see here on this board alone all the success stories there are and I am sure yours will be next. Take care of yourself and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a BFP really, really soon. Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread