It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

Alicia.C HB User
Question HSG Results?

Im curious. I had my HSG done on the 20th. I was expecting my results then, but instead, my ob/gyn told me to make an appt with him. Its for Nov. 27th, is that a bad sign?
The HSG was my last test before starting Clomid, so naturally, I'm now very worried.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User
Re: HSG Results?

Did your OBGYN do the HSG, or a radiologist? If your ob did it, I don't understand why he wouldn't tell you right then. I knew the results before I left. But if the radiologist did it, your doc will have to get the report first, but even so I don't see why your appt is so far away. Is the office really that busy? Here's hoping everything is fine!

believe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Thanks for the reply. His office is actually pretty hectic. Hes one of the best ob/gyns in town, and there isnt that many of them in this town of about 100,000 people. Yes, my ob/gyn did it, which like you, confused me.
I cant help but think somethings wrong. Before the HSG, I had talked to him about the pains I keep getting and how my ovaries keep going numb and tingling. He said hes almost positive my left tube is blocked by the sounds of the pain etc. I was expecting that. The HSG nearly had me in tears it hurt so bad. I think if both were blocked, he could be waiting to tell me because he didnt want me to break down. I was telling my mom before it that I need some time after the HSG to prepare for the worst. But yes, his office is busy, and it seems most of the women here are pregnant. I guess it always seems that way when you cant get pregnant.

Do you know what happens if my tubes are blocked? Or know of any good sites I could look at about it?

Old 10-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Alicia ,

Try to think positively. I had an HSG done by my OBGYN which was inconclusive and also extremely painful. Thankfully it ended quickly. When I was first referred to my RE, and he saw the results of the HSG, he had to order a new one because the technicians had not labeled which side was which . So, I went for the second one - which was just as painful as the first, if not worse because I actually DID end up in tears. Anyway, the results showed that my tube is blocked, and, as I said, I was in tears from the pain. Well I still found out that day before I left the hospital. Maybe it is just your dr's protocol to schedule a separate appt to go over any/all test results? Or maybe your dr needs to see you in order to go over the Clomid details? Anything is possible.

As far as what comes next if your tubes are blocked, you DO have options. I am scheduled to have a laparoscopy performed. This is a surgery where they make a small incision in your belly button/abdominal area. While they are in there, they are going to attempt to run a guide wire through my tube to open it back up. Barring any complications, I will be home the same day . Another option my RE told me about is treating it with medication. He said this would only work though if the blockage is caused by endometriosis. Not to mention another HSG would have to be performed to determine if the medication had unblocked the tubes or not. The third option he gave me is to say "Forget the tubes" and go straight to IVF. Since we cannot afford this, and it's not covered by insurance, this isn't really an option for us. Those were just the options he gave me - your RE may have more options for you. There is always hope!!

Okay, this post is getting really long now. I hope I have helped some. Feel free to ask any additional questions you have, and I will try to answer them based on my experiences.

You will be in my thoughts tomorrow as you get your results. What time is your appt? Baby Dust!

Holly~

Last edited by TryN2BMommy; 10-26-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Holly,

Thank you so much for your reply and all the information. I was scared there for a minute! You poor girl, had to go through it twice. Im sorry you had to go through that! ((hugs)) Did you take any pain killers before you went for either of your HSGs? Im a pretty opinionated person, the tech would definitely get a peice of my mind if he/she didnt label it.
I hope you're right. Im so nervous both my tubes are blocked. I hope it's just to get some information and a prescription for Clomid. Like you, there's no way we could afford IVF, especially now that we just got a mortgage.

I have actually had a laparoscopy. On October 15th 2004, I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, partial d&c to clean out my uterus and a uterus biopsy. The biopsy showed a severe infection which was cleared up by January. I have multiple ovarian cysts, a couple where drained due to their size. As for Endo, I only had a small amount, about the size of a penny, nothing to worry about my ob/gyn said. This was to be my last test.
Personally, Id much rather have another laparoscopy then another HSG. I had some mild cramping, the worst was the pain in my shoulders. Nothing horrible though, which surprised me considering I had those four things done. I think the worst part, for me, was waking up after it was done. They had to give me something, twice, because i was hysterical. I was crying like crazy and screaming that I was nervous.

I hope the laparoscopy goes well for you. Is it just one tube thats blocked or is it both? Wow, another HSG? TTC is sure getting physically painful. Did your RE tell you about how much an IVF would cost? Im sure its different here in Canada, but its an idea. I hate the fact that our insurance doesnt cover any type of fertility drugs, IVF, etc. It did cover my lap etc though, thankfully. If the laparoscopy doesnt help, ((knock on wood)) did your RE say what options you would have next or is it only what you've already mentioned? Mind if I ask how long you've been TTC for?

I do have a TMI question for you about the HSG. I had been waiting since January to get it done, 10 months. I seen my ob/gyn who told me to start Alesse birth control pills so I could have it done any time through my cycle instead of the first 10 days. I did and that same cycle I had it done. I got my HSG on the 20th and ran out of BCP a few days after. This is the third or fourth day off them. My question is this. After the HSG, is AF different? I started leaking this disgusting light brown stuff. It didnt look like old blood or anything, it was just gross. Then I thought AF was coming as it started to look red and be heavier, but its still this disgusting brown and still light. Is that normal? I also dont have any experience with BCP either.

Oh, sorry to confuse you. I dont get my results until November 27th. Long wait in my opinion, at least it gives me time to prepare myself for the worst, I guess. Although theres a reason I wanted this done and figured out this year at least. Long story though.
No worries about the length of the post. As you can see, I can get carried away too!

Good luck to you, when is your lap booked for?
Alicia

ETA - Scratch the price question, it's $4,500 without the meds. I cant afford that at all right now.

Last edited by Alicia.C; 10-26-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Alicia ,

I'm glad my post gave you some piece of mind . I was hoping it would. I did take advil (3 instead of just 2) before both of my HSGs. During the 2nd HSG that was done by my RE, the pain was so bad he actually stopped to inject me w/ a muscle relaxer. It helped a little. He is so wonderful though, he apologized fervently for making me go through the test again. After both of my HSGs, I did leak that brown fluid, but I thought it was just the excess dye coming out. It only lasted a day or so. How long did yours last? My AF was fairly normal.

It sounds like you have already been through a lot too! I have to agree w/ you - I'd take another lap any day over another HSG. Funny, isn't it? That we'd prefer surgery over a simple test?! It's not such a simple test though...and we get to sleep through the lap, so who cares what they do as long as we wake up in one piece, right?

As for my tubes, I actually only have one. I had a tubal pregnancy from a previous relationship and had to have one of my tubes removed years ago. That was done via lap and D&C, and I awoke out of that one the same as you - screaming and crying...I'm getting better at it though. Can you believe I didn't even know one of my tubes was missing until my recent lap in July? Didn't cry after that one, though . You're right about the physical pain involved in IF. Men really have it easy compared to us . But, I guess we all have to deal with the mental pain, so...

If the lap doesn't work for me, unfortunately, our only option left would be IVF. The good news is, we are fairly young (both 27), so we would have time to save up for at least one try. But, if that doesn't work, who knows? We've been TTC for 3 1/2 years now, but we just started seeking help earlier this year. I wish we had asked questions a LONG time ago...We wasted so much time with no working tubes...At least now we know what the problem is. Oh yeah, he has low count and low motility too.

November 27th IS a long time to wait for results! They must be a very busy office. You're being very patient, good for you. My lap is scheduled for 11/8, so it's coming up really fast. I'm actually dreading the bowel prep beforehand more than I'm dreading the surgery . I just hope and pray he tells me my tube was able to be unblocked .

Even though you said never mind about the cost of IVF, I thought I'd share this with you anyway. At my RE's office, IVF is about $9,000, and the meds are an additional $5,000. And that's just one cycle - what if it doesn't work?? I'm right there with you about not being able to afford it .

Okay, I think I answered all your questions, if I missed any, feel free to ask again. Try not to be too nervous about your results (I know, easier said than done). Just remember, even if both of your tubes are blocked (not saying they are), you still have options. They say the success rates of unblocking tubes are pretty high - higher than the success rates of IVFs and IUIs, so we do have some hope! Take care of yourself and please let me know your results when you get them. I will post the results of my lap when the time comes (YIKES!).

Holly~

Last edited by TryN2BMommy; 10-27-2006 at 05:18 AM.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Hi Holly,

I'm so happy to be talking to you! Ive talked to people about it before, but never someone as far along as I am, or you are. Its nice, thank you.
Unfortunately, I didnt take anything before I went in. I before I found out about my uterus infection, I was talking 4 Advil every hour or so just to dull the pain enough so I could walk. It was horrible. My AF cramps have started getting worse again and Ive been having to up the dose of Advil again. I thought the HSG couldnt hurt more then those cramps. It didnt, but it did hurt like the worst cramps Ive had. I'll prepare myself next time, thats for sure.

I have been through a lot, many blood tests too. I remember the first blood test, they took 12 tubes of blood, I couldnt even sit up! It is, isnt it? Id rather go through anything Ive gone through for fertility then the HSG. Im glad I wasnt nervous about the procedure though, I think that wouldve made it worse. Im not very fond of anisthetic at all. When I was young, Id wake up and vomit right away, now Im just hysterical. Wow, you're strong! I wouldve so angry that my dr didnt tell me I only had one tube. But then again, Im pretty opinionated. I agree, men are so lucky. I keep telling my hubby hes going to be female in his next life. lol
I actually havent gotten AF yet. Yesterday I was leaking that brown stuff, and today its still the same, but a little heavier. No AF yet though, I think it could be from the Alesse birth control pills though.

You're right 27 is still young, still a great age to TTC. I hope you wont have to go through that though. I hope everything with your lap will go as planned. 3.5 years is a long time. I guess even after 3 months TTC can seem like an eternity though. My DH and I have been TTC for 6 years come January. Hard to believe. We started very early though, probably before we shouldve, but we were mature enough and were working etc. We started TTC when I was 15, I'm 21 now. Even though we shouldnt have started that young, Im glad we did, glad we found out about the problems early.
At first, I had no problem getting pregnant, my problem was keeping the baby. Ive had a number of miscarriages. The last one actually caused some mental issues. Ive had 6 or 7 confirmed miscarriages, that doesnt include the faint positive HPTs Ive had at home, which is 3 or 4. However for those, I was told when cysts leak, it can cause faint positive tests, so Im not sure about that, I have had my cysts rupture.

Bowel prep? I didnt have that done, what is it? Im sure everything will go perfectly for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. November 8th, that is coming pretty fast. I'll be watching for an update from you.

$14,000? I personally find it ridiculous how they can charge so much. Especially for people with infertility. I could understand charging that for someone who hasnt been trying and just wants it done, but after all the stress of infertility and all the tests that go along with it, they then add financial stress. It upsets me.

Oh really? I didnt know that. That gives me a little more hope, thank you. Yes, do post your results. Praying for perfect results for you! I will definitely update at the end of November. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of this and give me some info on it. You've definitely given me some hope. Take care of yourself!

Alicia

Old 10-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi again Alicia!

I've enjoyed talking with you too . It's like you're an old friend already. It is so comforting to have people to relate to, isn't it? Sometimes I feel so alone cuz all of my friends have already started their families (and all without trying!).

It sounds like you HAVE been through a lot - and you're only 21 . You are handling it so well - 6 years is such a LONG time. And then the losses you had to go through - I am so sorry to hear that. I only had one loss (my tubal) and that wasn't planned, and I was still devastated. I couldn't be anywhere near babies for a while. I agree, you are lucky to find out about the difficulties so early. It will give you plenty of good years to reach your goal - a healthy baby . I'm sure you will get there. I hope we both do.

I think my dr might have told me about my tube, but I was still under the anestesia, and I was so young, the pregnancy was unplanned, it probably just went in one ear and out the other...Like I said, I never dreamed I would have difficulty getting pregnant again.

If I remember correctly, your HSG was over a week ago, right? And you're still spotting that brown stuff? That sucks. Have you asked your dr about that? I don't want to worry you - I'm sure it is nothing - but I haven't heard of that before. It probably is related to the BCP you're on.

A bowel prep isn't actually a procedure...It's something you do at home to prepare for surgery - emptying your intestines. You have to drink some really nasty stuff (essentially, a super strong laxative) and stay home and wait for it to start working. I won't go into the details (TMI) let's just say it is like peeing out of your butt (So gross). But, it makes the surgery safer by making your intestines smaller and keeping them out of the way.

I wouldn't be so mad about the cost of IVF if the insurance companies would help us pay for it. That is what I find unfair. They will pay for a woman to carry and deliver a baby (even if it is not what she wanted), but they will not help a woman get pregnant with a baby even if it is what she wants more than anything in the world. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

I will be away from my computer for most of the weekend, but I'll try to pop back in and say hi. Take care!

Holly~

Old 10-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #9
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Holly,

How are you today? Isnt that weird? I feel the same. Maybe its because we're both going through the same thing at almost the same stages. Either way, you've been a big life saver to me! Im with you on that. Right now, theres at least 6 people close to me who are having babies, a few who already have a child or children and all but one are older then I am.

Honestly, I havent handles it as well as you think. After my last loss, I did some completely unforgivable. I actually needed mental help to help me get back to reality. But thats a whole different story Id rather not tell in public these days. One loss or 10 losses, it still hurts. Even if you werent TTC, its still hard for most people. Its completely understandable that you wouldve been devostated. Im very sorry for your loss, no one deserves it. I hope so too. Maybe around the same time!

I dont think anyone expects to have a problem with fertility. I shouldve known better though. My mom was told shed never have children, but then again, theres three of us! She did have to get a hysterectomy after my sister ((the youngest)) was born as she ended up with cervical cancer...which unfortunately does run in our family pretty thick. ((Cancer in general)) I understand, my ob/gyn left me a note explaning my results in 2004 knowing Id be too out of it to understand anything.

Yes, my HSG was on the 20th, now almost the 29th. The spotting was really really light after the HSG, barely showing up on toilet paper, but did eventually go away. It only lasted a couple days. On the 26th, it came back, the brown stuff. That was 2 days after I stopped the birth control pills. It got a bit heavier through out the day, then was gone on the 27th, but came back that night. Today its been like spotting still, like a heavy spotting or very very light bleeding. Brown and red. Im sure I shouldnt be using tampons, but I have been. I only need one for the whole day, of course I wont leave one in there that long. But putting the two together, ((every 8 hours)) it doesnt even fill up the entire tampon or make it expand. I dont understand it at all. Its been almost 9 days since the HSG and almost 7 days since I stopped the birth control. Oh, sorry to confuse you, I was only on the birth control for the cycle, when I ran out of the 21 day pack, I didnt start them again. I want to keep TTC because that way, it at least feels like Im still trying my best and I was waiting to get AF. I actually had to go look through my diary to get the info, I forget easily.

Yuck, that doesnt sound like fun. I had to have something like that done in the ER when I was really young. It hurt like, well really bad and everything was liquid that came out. Whatever needs to be done though, and thats still better then another HSG!

I completely agree with you. This is actually a very touchy subject for me. I have a 17 year old sister who has a son who'll be 3 in January and is about 18 weeks pregnant right now. She did drugs in the begining of her pregnancy with my nephew, and the ministry paid for all her tests, etc, just as they're doing this time around, and she doesnt even have her son. She was called an "unfit mother" in court and was told to take all these different parenting courses and drug and alcohol counseling before getting him back. She never did. Ugh, sorry to vent like that. It just makes me angry.

No problem. It seems like weekends are the only time we get to do anything around here. Hope you have a great weekend Holly! Stay well!

Alicia

Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Alicia,

Hope your weekend was fun! Now it's Monday, and we are back to the grind...I'm sorry to hear you went through such a tough time with your losses. We all deal with things differently, and the important thing is that, no matter what you did, you came out of it and you are okay today. I am very sorry you had to go through that though.

I'm really confused about the spotting you're having. It sounds like AF wants to start, but she's not there full force. Maybe it is the BCP messing with your system. Who knows? Isn't it great being a woman?

I know exactly what you mean about needing to feel like you are doing something. Even though I know my tube is blocked, and I can't get pregnant the good old fashioned way yet, I still feel like there is something I can do. I quit smoking years ago when we decided to try, but I never stopped drinking until recently. I guess I figure now that we are seeing doctors and scheduling surgeries, it's time to get really serious about it. I haven't been able to get my BF (not married) to quit smoking yet, but I am nagging him about it every day. Sooner or later...At least he takes his vitamins.

That is such a tough situation with your sister and nephew. I hope everything works out okay with this pregnancy and that her children are loved and taken care of. It's such a mystery to me why things work out the way they do. I completely understand your anger at that.

It's so weird to me...I have a very hard time being around pregnant women - I just feel SO jealous. And I don't want them to know it, so I just try to stay away. But then, when delivery time comes, and there is an actual BABY, all that jealousy goes away, and I am just in awe. My best friend has two small boys (neither were planned). She was actually pregnant three times, but she decided not to have one of them. Seeing her pregnant was one of toughest parts of our friendship (especially after she gave one of them up). But I LOVE going over to her house and seeing her kids. They are so precious, and they are blessings, and I just keep thinking - My time will come. It has to.

Okay, now I'm rambling. Take care - talk to ya soon.

Holly~

Last edited by TryN2BMommy; 10-30-2006 at 06:16 AM.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #11
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Hi Holly,

Thanks, actually my weekend was kind of a mess. It started snowing like crazy on Saturday, the day we were supposed to go out and get fire wood for the wood stove. That being said, our friend with the truck bailed on us. We might have enough to last until this weekend, we'll figure it out though. If need be, we can buy a truck load. How was your weekend? Thank you, it was extremely hard for me to come out about it, I hurt a lot of people. But I felt so much guilt after realizing what I did, that I couldnt just sit there and not at least apologize.

The spotting comes and goes. Like right now, no spotting at all. Last night after BDing there was spotting. Before that, just a couple dots on the TP. Im going to call my family drs office today, talk to Shannon the receptionist. My family and her have grown very close over the past few months, she went out on limbs for me with certain drs etc.

Exactly. Even if you know its not going to work, its about staying positive I guess. Theres always a small chance. Here, Im not sure its smoking thats an issue rather then the pulp mills. Thats all you can smell and theres some days driving is out of the question because the air is so foggy and smelly from them. Its better out here in the country, but its still pretty bad. Good for you for quitting, that takes a lot! I hope your BF decides to and it isnt too hard for him. Im glad you quit drinking too.

Oh yeah, my mom has custidy over my nephew. Though my mom isnt getting any younger and its getting hard for her to take care of children. Especially now while shes taking care of my grandpa who currently has less then 8 months to live due to cancer. Its been hard on all of us. My grandparents raised me, I never had a relationship with my mom until I was about 13 and my dad, well we wont get into that. My grandma passed away this June, exactly a month later, my grandpa was given 44 weeks to a year to live. Looking at him now, you can tell 44 weeks is really pushing it. It feels like Im losing my parents, you know? Ugh, sorry. Anyway, I think thats partly why my mom took my nephew. This baby though, shes told me if my sister gets it taken away again, shes not stepping in. My sister needs to grow up etc. Not to mention, my sister has also had 2 abortions.

I can understand that to a point. They are amazing tiny little people arent they? For me, I just cant handle it. At first it was hard to look at children ((we lived across the street from a school)) knowing my children should be that age. It still is. My best friend is actually 29 weeks today with a little boy. I seen her last in June, but Im going to visit her today, as hard as it will be, its her birthday. My nephew, hes my world. Its amazing the way even at 2.5 years old, the things he says can completely just make your day better. You're right, your time will come, both of ours will. I hope we can keep in touch until then too, I feel like I've known you for years!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Alicia,

Snow already ! And I thought Northeast Pennsylvania was bad!! I am such a summer person...I'm sorry to hear your weekend didn't go as planned, and I hope you get some wood for your stove soon. Things could get chilly.

Was it your family dr that prescribed the BCPs and did the HSG? Or are you seeing an OBGYN or RE (reproductive endocrinologist)? I can understand wanting to talk to your family dr since you have a bond with the receptionist, but it might be a better idea to talk to the dr that you are working with to TTC. Just my opinion though...Whatever you decide, I hope they can figure out why you're still spotting. November 27th is such a long time to wait.

I'm glad I quit drinking too - I feel so good about it . We are just social drinkers anyway, but I already feel healthier after not putting any alcohol in my system for a while. I wish he would quit smoking. I'm going to buy him the patch. He has tried, but he always goes back to them. I know how hard it can be...I just hope he can do it.

That's great that your mom was able to keep your nephew. I actually have a friend in a similar situation (her sister lost her child & the grandmother now has custody). It is so tough for everybody involved. I wish there was something we could do to help people make the right choices, but there just is not. At least your nephew has a great aunt to share lots of love with.

Our time WILL come

Holly~

Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Happy Halloween!

Hope your days going well. Yeah, snow. I was hoping it wouldnt stay, Im a summer person too. But it looks like its going to. Its been really cold too, I think around 24F. Its 27F right now, which is -3C here in Canada. So needless to say, things are already chilly.

No, Im seeing an ob/gyn, have been since 2003. He prescribed the BCPs only for the HSG cycle so I could have it done. This town is so slow when it comes to infertility testing etc, besides blood work. The x-ray place at the hospital was always booked when Id get AF so I couldnt get in in those first 10 days of my cycle. And of course, my AF is irregular, so I couldnt go by every certain amount of days. I've been thinking of stopping by my ob/gyns office to talk to him and get DHs SA form again, we misplaced it. My ob/gyns receptionist is a liar, she was actually fired from my family drs office for destroying files and lying. Needless to say, Id rather not talk to her. The spotting is actually gone now. It stopped yesterday. Im thinking that it was just a very light and strange AF...with no cramps, which I really dont mind at all! It is a long time to wait, but its all worth the wait in the end!

You should feel great about it, thats a big step in my opinion, even if you didnt drink very often. I dont drink, though I had my days when I was younger. DH stopped drinking too, but only because he starting getting sick if he had more then 3 beer. lol Honestly, I was happy it was making him sick, I didnt like it when hed get drunk and fall asleep on the bathroom floor.
Along with the patch, try getting him some gum or candies or something that will keep his mouth busy. If he smokes strong smokes, get him to get a lighter brand and keep going down from there. Also when he feels the urge to smoke, get him to drink a glass of water and wait at least 10 minutes before lighting one. The longer hes able to wait, the better.

Its so sad, isnt it? My sister was 15 when she gave birth to my nephew, just a couple weeks after her birthday actually. The father denied him being his, so my brother ((19)) is his father figure, so to speak. My half sisters mom, she recently started dating a child molester. Her children ((10 and 11 months)) are living with the grandparents. The stupid girl wont leave him. Can you imagine putting your children in danger like that? It disgusts me.

I agree, one of these days it has to be our turn!

Alicia

Old 11-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hey Alicia ,

Hope you had a nice Halloween! We handed out candy to all the little muchkins...SO cute. It has been unseasonably warm this week, and it was actually in the 50's yesterday evening . I guess I can see why you wouldn't want to talk to the receptionist at your OBGYN's office. Is there anyway you can switch offices altogether? Or go to see an RE? I think that's the best move...an RE. They are so much more knowlegable about everything, and they won't waste any of your time. Their goal is the same as yours - a pregnancy that ends with a healthy baby. I'm glad the spotting stopped though. That's got to be a relief.

Thanks for the ideas on getting him to quit smoking. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I try not to nag him too much, but I just think he should try a little harder. I know it's hard to do - I've been there - but this is SO important! I think I'll talk to him about it again today.

My friend's sister did that too - picked her abusive boyfriend over her children. I just can't imagine. I feel so badly for the kids in those situations.

So, my surgery is coming up in exaclty one week, and I'm starting to get nervous . I'm really not that worried about complications (okay, maybe a little). I have a lot of faith in my dr. I think I'm more scared that it won't work & he will tell me the only option we have left is IVF. Please send me some good vibes.

Holly~

Old 11-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #15
(female)

Alicia.C HB User

Holly,

Send me some of that warm weather! It's about 23F ((-8C)) here right now. Of course its only about 7 AM. It hasnt been above 0 for a while now. Halloween actually bothered me this year. Partly because my grandma wasnt here and partly because we didnt get any trick or treaters! Thats my favorite part, seeing all the little costumes. Maybe next year I guess.
I live in a town of about 100,000 people. To be honest with you, Ive never heard of an RE here, which is probably why my ob/gyns office is so busy, hes one of the best in town. I want to keep my ob/gyn, I just wish hed get a new receptionist! My ob/gyn takes really good care of me actually. He aims to help me acheive my goals...pregnancy with a happy ending. It was slower at first because I was getting pregnant, the cause of my miscarriages was never firgured out. Everything was normal except that uterus infection.

It was a relief to stop spotting, but then again, I was happy all I got for AF was spotting. AF is usually horrible for me, a lot of pain and big clots most of the time. Im actually still cramping. It feels like AF is coming sometimes, its weird. I called my family drs office, I talked to Shannon and asked about the results of my HSG. She said she had the results of my hormone levels, not the HSG results. How can that be? An x-ray is so much faster then blood work, she told me I needed to talk to my ob/gyn about it, so Im assuming bad news. My hormone levels are all good except my prolactin level, which is slightly elevated. Thats a pretty regular thing with me. If we dont BD for a couple days, it goes back to around normal.

Its completely different in a mans mind. I mean, yes, they want to have a baby, but they dont really understand when it comes to actually trying to get pregnant and being healthy. Its isnt even just for that, its for him, he'll be healthier in the long run. I hope he tries a bit harder, good luck talking to him! If you do a google search for "quit smoking" you'll find a lot of helpful sites that might help a little too.

It is. I dont understand how someone can put their children in that type of situation at all. This guy was even fallowing my half sister to school and sending her letters. If someone hurts her, well they'll be getting a reality check to say the least.

Try not to get nervous, it doesnt help at all. There will be no complications, it'll go as planned. I hope it works for you. Try to stay positive. And make sure you post your results! I cant wait to see you come back and say you're clear! Positive vibes coming your way! You know, if your tube does clear, Ive heard the first 3 months up to a year after a lap, your fertility increases. Not sure if its true, but its definitely worth thinking it is!

Good luck!
Alicia

Closed Thread