It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

tjjsrj HB User
Frozen Transfer Question

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is getting ready for Christmas!!
Well our 3rd IUI failed and now we are heading into IVF. They were telling me they will try to get as many eggs as possible and then hopefully be able to freeze some. My question is do they fertilize them first with my DH sperm and then freeze them, or do they freeze them, unthaw them and then fertilize them??? I'm sorry for the stupid question, we just don't know very much about IVF yet. Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Tabaya

Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

lparadise HB User
Re: Frozen Transfer Question

What they did with me was they feritilized all 12 eggs and watched them grow. The two best embryos they transferred into me after 3 days of growth. Then the rest of the embryos they waited until they made it to a five day blasocyst. Two made it and they froze those. I ended up with a chemical pregancy with the fresh ivf cycle. 4 months later I did the frozen transfer and I now have a 11 week old son. Goodluck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

lparadise you gave me hope!! i failed one fresh in sept (none made it to freeze) and i just failed my 2nd 2 made it to freeze, and we are trying a frozen cycle next month (well it wont really be until mid-end feb) and my clinic does it the same way, they fertilize all the eggs they can put the best back day3 and whatever ones make it to a certain way by day 5 or 6 they freeze them

Old 12-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
(female)

lparadise HB User

ASPROUSEY05 good luck to you on your frozen transfer. 2007 will be your year!! Don't lose hope. I really thought it would never happen for me. We tried for 3 years. We had 7 failed IUI's. I had a LAP for endometriosis, which I ended up barely even having any. I had a chemical pregnancy with my 1st IVF attempt and then the frozen cycle, which finally worked! They never found anything wrong with me, which was so frustrating. I had every test done in the book and the only thing I had was a high level of prolactin so I took a drug to normalize it. Oh and I had mycoplasma and urea plasma which I had to take antibiotics for. I went to 4 different fertility clinics so I really had every test done over and over again! My DH had low mobility and poor morphology, but not all the time, sometimes his came back great and other times not (he also had plenty of sperm analysis's!). We did ICSI. It was the most frustrating time of our lives. I really thought it would never happen for me. Also one recommendation I did acupuncture before, during, and after my frozen cycle and I really think that may have done the trick. I also stopped drinking coffee and alcohol 100% and I religiously took prenatal vitamins and extra folic acid. They say it helps the pregnancy stick. Who knows I would of stood on my head if that worked!! Oh and one more thing I literally laid in bed for 4 days post transfer. And I prayed a lot! Good luck! I will be praying for you! Laura

Old 12-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

deluka96 HB User

Laura,

Thanks so much for sharing you story I too have renewed hope since IVF is what I will likely be doing after my lap next month. Again, Thanks so much!! HOPE is a beautiful thing!!! Aimee and Tabaya you know I am pulling for you!!

kathy/deluka

Old 12-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
(female)

lparadise HB User

Kathy,
Good luck to you with your LAP and with your IVF cycle. I am glad my story helped you. Don't give up! I lost hope many times too. I never thought it would work for me. I am living proof! Enjoy the holidays.
Laura

Old 12-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #7
(female)

dianeg1028 HB User

hello evreyone i figured i would share my stoty i did ivf w/icsi and i got pregnant first shot for twins but one didnt make it which is common but i have a beautiful boy which will be 2 dec 29th and i have frozen which i see my doc jan 8th which hopefully will work again.good luck dont give up hope.diane

Old 12-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
(female)

Hopeful38 HB User

Good luck Diane

I hope that this one also works for you.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:37 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

I did 2 fresh IVF cycles with ICSI (with a frozen cycle in between.) I just wanted to chime in and say that my clinic did it the same way. They won't freeze any unless they make it to blast (post fertilization). They were able to freeze 2 from my first cycle which ended up BFN (from transfering 2 3-day embies) and on my frozen, (transfering both) I got a chemical pg. On my 2nd fresh though, I put in 2 blasts (and had none to freeze) and 1 made it!! I am now 24 weeks with a baby girl and due in April!!! I also did acupuncture with the last cycle and I truly believe that helped. My acupuncturist even did a session with me at my clinic right before my transfer to help me relax and get all the blood flowing in the right places!! I still go and I love it!
Good luck to all trying! 2007 will be a good year, I can just feel it!!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #10
(female)

tjjsrj HB User

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to thank all of you that replied to my question. We recieved a ton of paper work from our RE and we will have our first official dr.'s appointment for IVF on Jan. 11-12. I am getting excited and nervous to get things rolling!!
Thanks again to everyone!!!
Tabaya

Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #11
(female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hi i just wanted to make a comment to your story.I went throught IVF too.I just couldnt believe that your doctor transferred your embryos on day three instead of waiting until day 5 blastocysts stage. Exspecially since they retreived 12.Usually they only transfer the embryos on day three if they only retrieved a small amout of embryos because they are afraid if they wait tell day 5 the embryos might not survive and you wouldnt have any embryos to transfer.I am sorry if I offended you in any way your circumstances may have been more different than I know.But If they werent I would defintely do some research on this and discuss this with your doctor.It could of been your doctors mistake of tranferring too early.They retreived 12 from me 6 fertilized normally and they transferred 2 on day 5 and froze the remaining 4.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

i just wanted to chime in, that every re is different.. my re plans on day 3 and if they all are doing well on day 3 will call and wait until day 5... because even if you have A LOT if they arent dividing as good as they hope, they will transfer day 3 to be safe... and my clinic has a very high success rate.. i had 11 fertilized, but because of my age my re thought they should have been "perfect" and because they were good, but not perfect he did a day 3, and that month none made it to freeze, i may have never had any to transfer if he waited ! and the next ivf, they got 12, and we transferred 2 embryos perfect embryos on day 5, and 2 made it to freeze the others didnt.. so sometimes to be safe a lot of re's still plan a day 3..

Closed Thread