It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User
weird cycle??

Hi everyone. I am at cd15. I took Femara, cd3 to cd7, this month for the first time. This has just been such a weird cycle. On cd8, I had this weird bleeding, very light, that I posted about. It even had some cm in it. I also had some uncomfortable cramping that day. I didn't really think anything about it possibly meaning ovulation b/c I was only at cd8, but Dh and I happened to bd that afternoon. (I know that some of you may already know this b/c I posted a thread about it, just making sure.) But then when I went for HSG, which didn't work, and then cd12 b/w and u/s, I found out that I had already ovulated this month. My prog. was at 19.2 on cd12, so my nurse said that it was pretty elevated so ovulation probably occured a couple of days before and that intercourse on cd8 probably covered it. Of course, I have been so worried about that and DH and I even bd'ed that night, cd12, just to make sure that we felt better.

Here is where this cycle even gets weirder. I have had some very mild cramping today and then some light bleeding, more like spotting, I guess. Could that be AF already??? I mean this is cd15. I have NEVER had such a short cycle. It seems to have stopped. I have on a pad, but it isn't really necessary. I did have an oddly short cycle my second month on Clomid, 25 days, but never this short. I guess if the bleeding stops then it isn't AF, right?

Has anyone experienced this before on a fertility drug, maybe on Femara? I am so disappointed that this cycle has been like this. I mean, I was so excited to be on Femara for the first time, thinking it would work, then for the HSG to not even work, and then this weird bleeding. UGH!!

Could this light bleeding still be from the attempted HSG? Thanks for any comments.

Anna Leigh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User
Re: weird cycle??

Anna Leigh that does sound weird.Have you spoken to ur RE about it.It could be implantation spotting have u thought about that.If u got pg on cd 8 then cd 15 sounds about right for implantation spotting.Dont know what to tell u sweetie maybe u can try an hpt or wait for beta.Are u doing a beta?Keep us posted and good luck sweetie.

Mapia

Old 03-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

Thanks Mapia. I did think a little about it maybe being implantation spotting or bleeding but I have had some cramping with it too. Can you have cramping with that? I just don't know... ovulating on cd8 is really early, it would seem that I wouldn't get pg. that easily ovulating that early in my cycle. I don't even know if I did, in fact, ovulate on cd8. Although, I can tell you that I definately remember being very uncomfortable that day w/ cramping and sharp pains. I even called my RE about it that night, when the bleeding started. My nurse told me not to worry about it and that as long as the pain didn't become unbearable, it didn't require any treatment. I don't know...

I am not scheduled for a beta. When my nurse called me back that afternoon of cd12 b/w, she said that if I didn't start AF in two weeks to call and they would do a beta. She said that since we weren't sure when I actually ovulated, they wouldn't schedule a beta, and waiting two weeks from cd12 would be plenty long enough, if no AF, b/c I had definately ovulated before that day.

How are you? Are you going to hpt in the morning?

Anna Leigh

Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User

I am on my 3rd month of Femara and I ovulated the last 2 months on day 21 & day 18, so I obviously have longer cycles. I never had any abnormal bleeding or anything. AF was heavy on day 1 and light for the following few days. On day 18 last month I had a sharp pain, which is the day that I ovulated. But I never had anything that I would call abnormal. It seems like day 8 would be very early to ovulate.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hey Anna Leigh I am fine u might of heard I had some brown discharge which I think was implantation spotting but not getting my hopes up.I have never had this brown discharge 7 days after IUI,which is when implantation should have occured if I did get pregnant.Well anyway my point that same night mind u I had this discharge right before going to bed and as soon as I laid down to sleep I had some uncomfortable cramps.They kept me awake for about an hour but then got better cause I fell asleep.So I know cramping is ok.As long as they arent real bad cramps then all is good.

I did buy a HPT and figure I will test Monday give hcg another day to rise if I am pregnant so HPT can detect it.

Mapia

Old 03-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

CJK... I would never have thought that I would ovulate as early as cd8 but, like I said, I went to get b/w and u/s done on cd12 and my b/w confirmed that I had indeed ovulated. My nurse suspected that it had been as early as cd8 or cd10 b/c of the level of my prog. Also, I normally have longer cycles, 32 or 34 days, so my nurse said that this was just a freak thing, probably not associated w/ Femara. She also said that RE would see me earlier in my cycle next month.

Mapia... good luck with your hpt, if you decide to take it. It sounds like you did experience implantation to me! Let me know what happens!!! Good luck to you.

Anna Leigh

Old 03-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Anna Leigh. That is very interesting that you saw some more bleeding again at such a weird point in your cycle. I'd be inclined to think that it does have something to do with the failed HSG, but then again these stims do some weird things to our bodies so it's still a possibility. I know I mentioned it on your other thread but the one and only time I was able to get Pg I had VERY weird spotting during the first couple weeks of my cycle. It's most likely a side effect from some treatment, but I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. Let us know how things go. I'll be thinking of you.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you all know that AF showed up yesterday. It was only cd15 when I started that spotting on Saturday, so I assumed that surely that wasn't going to be AF. Well... it apparently was. It started heavy yesterday morning. I have called RE's office and I go in in the morning for b/w and u/s to see if I am back at baseline.

I told my nurse that I wanted to speak with my RE about the way that this past month was. Do you guys think that is silly? I mean... this past month was so strange and it was the first month that I took the Femara. I know I can't get pg on a 16 day cycle so I definately DON'T want that to happen again. I didn't want him to just put me back on the Femara again this month w/out us talking about it. What do you ladies think? My nurse says that is was probably just "one of those things" this past month but I hate that comment and I always want to know why it happened. Am I crazy?? Am I driving my nurse or RE crazy too??

I am just ready for this whole fight to be over!! I was so heartbroken yesterday. I couldn't even talk about it to my DH. He wanted to talk b/c he saw that I was crying in the car after church but I just couldn't even bring myself to talk about it. I know you all understand that.

Thanks for listening.

Anna Leigh

Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

deluka96 HB User

Hi Anna Leigh,

I am so sorry you were so heartbroken yesterday. It seems like AF came has suprised a lot of the board this month. That mean witch!!! Your so funny though we on the board would never think your crazy to ask RE or nurse all the questions you want. Even if they think it's too much you desearve to have the piece of mind and it's not like they don't get paid. Especially since you pay for IUI out of pocket. I don't blamd you for wanting more straight forward answers to what could have happened this month. I hope you get some. Perhaps he will consider changing your meds this month. I went from Femara to injectibles though so I am not sure if you want to go there yet. Good luck sweetie. I hope your feeling better today.

kathy

Last edited by deluka96; 03-12-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Anna Leigh
I am so sorry to hear about AF and how upset you have been. (I've lost my cycle buddy now too!).
I definitely think you should talk to your doctor again. Like Kathy said you deserve some straight forward answers. This is really important to you so you don't want to waste another month unnecessarily.
Cheer up soon sweetie and remember we are all here for you to vent your feelings and we NEVER think any of your questions are silly.

Ruby

Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Anna Leigh, I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping you are feeling a little better. Any word from your RE's office? Are they going to give you the answers you are looking for? I hope so!

Hang in there,

Holly

Old 03-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi Anna Leigh.

You are completely right to want your questions answered. it is obvious something went wrong, that Femara did not help you and i hope the RE either has a logical explanation for why it didn't work or moves you to a different med. no sense repeating this again next cycle. a 15 day cycle isn't going to help you get pg for sure. that said, try to be patient. when i did my first round of injectables i ended up having a spontaneous O that wrecked the entire cycle. it was too late to do anything when the doc figured it out. but that is how we learned that i needed Lupron every cycle. so sometimes a messed up cycle provides insight for the next one. it is like gathering clues to see what works. i hope you get your questions answered. let us know how it goes.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

Thank you ladies for asking about me this morning. I have already been to the RE for b/w and u/s. Of course, I haven't heard from my nurse yet... she will call this afternoon w/ results from b/w, but my u/s looks good, apparently. She said that my lining had thinned back out and I appeared to be back at baseline. I was thankful that my RE stuck his head in during the u/s to answer my questions. My nurse had said that he wouldn't b/c he was w/ another patient, but luckily he did.

He told me not to get hung up on the lengths of my cycles, either the follicular phase or the luteal phase. He said that the lengths of the follicular phase can vary a good bit. He will see me earlier in my cycle this time to catch an early ovulation, should it happen. He said that he would prefer to stick w/ the Femara b/c I have tried Clomid and didn't tolerate it well and he said that only other option was inj., which I am not ready for, financially or emotionally. He also said that he didn't think that I was a candidate yet for them. He didn't mention giving me anything to slow down the response to the Femara. He sort of just acted like this was just an atypical cycle and he didn't expect it to happen again. I really, really hope not!! I feel like Dh and I didn't even have a chance this month.

He also says that most RE's don't even believe in a luteal phase defect anymore, so not to worry about that. But, I know so many of you are put on prog. during the luteal phase to lengthen it to support implantation but apparently my RE doesn't do this.

He recommended 2 to 4 more cycles on Femara then make a decision about doing a lap, if not pg. Please... oh please... let me just get pg. during that time frame. I am so sick of all of this!!!

Anna Leigh

Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hey Anna Leigh, I am so glad to hear your u/s went well AND that your RE answered some of your questions!! When will you get the b/w back?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Anna Leigh I will be praying for u sweetie.I know how u feel.It seems like Re's cant give us any answers and it drives us mad.Just be patient ur time will come.Good luck sweetie.

Mapia

Closed Thread