It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

suewaz HB User
Question Spotting after IVF

Has anyone had dark brown spotting - very minimal - happen after an IVF? It is actually 8-9 days past the day of transfer, and that seems too late for implantation bleeding. Is the transfer day considered the day I ovulated, or is the day of the retrieval? I spotted and was crampy both days, usually during the day, then fine at night. Today - day 10 after transfer - there is nothing. I'm not sure if this was possibly just an unusual AF cycle since it is my first IVF and wasn't sure what to expect for AF after an IVF. My beta is not until next Friday, the 16th. Anything anyone can share would be great. Thanks

Last edited by suewaz; 03-11-2007 at 09:46 AM.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
Re: Spotting after IVF

The day of ER is considered ovulation date. Would this be an early AF for you? I've heard that pregnant women who go through IVF tend to spot more than women who conceive naturally, so even if its not implantation bleeding it still could mean you are pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suewaz View Post
Has anyone had dark brown spotting - very minimal - happen after an IVF? It is actually 8-9 days past the day of transfer, and that seems too late for implantation bleeding. Is the transfer day considered the day I ovulated, or is the day of the retrieval? I spotted and was crampy both days, usually during the day, then fine at night. Today - day 10 after transfer - there is nothing. I'm not sure if this was possibly just an unusual AF cycle since it is my first IVF and wasn't sure what to expect for AF after an IVF. My beta is not until next Friday, the 16th. Anything anyone can share would be great. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
(female)

mommy4raegan HB User
Re: Spotting after IVF

My sister just had her first IVF and first BFP. She also had "brown" discharge about 4 days before her beta test which turned out to be postive.

Reply Reply