It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 05:34 AM   #1
(female)

bellalilly HB User
Question Disappointed....I think.

yesterday I felt miserable. Nausea, light-headed, sore nipples, crampy... today took a prego test and BFN. Tomorrow is scheduled test at clinic. I'm prepared that it is negative. I don't know if we should have tested at home but the suspense was killing us. I think I'm going out for a Margarita or two. I'm sad.
I believe the dr. is going to begin me on Gonal. Has anyone taken this and what are the side effects. I feel like it might be worse than the Clomid and I've only used that once. I don't know why she wouldn't have me try that again. It worked just fine for me. Any help out there?

Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User
Re: Disappointed....I think.

Hi Bella sorry u are so down.There still is a chance ur pregnant just wait for ur results tomorrow.I dont know why the RE would put u on Gonal some injectables are better then clomid cause clomid thins out ur lining but the injectables dont.So maybe thats why plus I hear the injectables dont really have side effects like the clomid.Well in any case good luck tomorrow keep us posted.

Mapia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

laurunner HB User

Hi Bella. I hear ya. I'm in the same boat almost. Today is 14dpo, and I tested this morning, bfn. My RE doesn't do beta's, only to confirm a positive urine test. I think I'll wait until Tuesday (16dpo), and if it's still negative, I will stop my progesterone supplements, and hope for AF to arrive.

Next cycle, I am going to be starting follistim for the first time. At least it gives me something to look forward to, trying something new and stronger with less side effects. The clomid has been making me pretty crazy these past few cycles.

Alright, well I wish you the best of luck! I pray we'll both get BFP's, and won't even have to worry about the next cycles!

~Laurie

Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Bella . . LAurie

I am sorry that you got BFN though you are both still in the game since af didn t show up. When i was prego i didn t get my bfp until well over a week that af was due. I found out with a blood test and only got a pos HPT after that.

Good Luck to you both

Amy

Old 04-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
(female)

lovelygal HB User

Hi bella,
Don't just give up yet and don't feel so bad about the BFN, you may still be prego. It maybe that your levels are still low to show on a hpt, your b/w will be able to prove that. Have some hope and be positive.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

susan7522 HB User

Hang in there hun. I had a friend who never tested positive on hpt's, even when she was 7 months preggo. There is still hope.

Last edited by susan7522; 04-01-2007 at 04:14 PM. Reason: left out word

Old 04-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
(female)

still hoping HB User

Hang in there!! I have taken Gonal and don't think I had any side effects.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Golds HB User

Hi Bella - don't give up - when we cannot trust these HPTs for BFP then why are you considering this BFN so hold on sweety and wait for your actual Beta results...you never know God may have some great plans for you
Baby dust Baby dust Baby dust Baby dust Baby dust !!

Hey, I have also taken Gonal F for two of my IVF cycles but didn't feel any side effects.
Golds

Last edited by Golds; 04-02-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
(female)

bellalilly HB User
Re: Disappointed....I think. The update.

Thanks to all you nice gals. Definitely BFN. Dr. confirmed and my P began too. I'm going to try the Gonal after having an HSG next week. Being new to all of this I haven't had that done and I think I should start there now after this last disappointment. Then on to the Gonal and thanks for ALL the words of encouragement. It would be terrific if the Gonal didn't have the side effects. I would really like that.

I'm trying to stay strong. Use my coping skills or should I say develop them now. MY DH has been so great through all of this. He knew I was down yesterday and surprised me with a trip into Boston to my favorite restaurant. Gotta hope that lasts!!!
THanks again. You guys made me feel great. Good luck to all of you too. I pray for everyone.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
(female)

bellalilly HB User
Thumbs down Re: Disappointed....I think. The update.

Thanks to all you nice gals. Definitely BFN. Dr. confirmed and my P began too. I'm going to try the Gonal after having an HSG next week. Being new to all of this I haven't had that done and I think I should start there now after this last disappointment. Then on to the Gonal and thanks for ALL the words of encouragement. It would be terrific if the Gonal didn't have the side effects. I would really like that.

I'm trying to stay strong. Use my coping skills or should I say develop them now. MY DH has been so great through all of this. He knew I was down yesterday and surprised me with a trip into Boston to my favorite restaurant. Gotta hope that lasts!!!
THanks again. You guys made me feel great. Good luck to all of you too. I pray for everyone.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

I am so sorry Bella IF is such a long and bumpy road.The reward at the end is priceless.Hang in there and ur time will come.Keep ur head up and stay positive.

That was real nice of DH.

Mapia

Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
(female)

bellalilly HB User

Hi Golds. I grew up in Mclean, Va. not to far from you. Thanks. I'm hanging in. Trying at least.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #13
(female)

bellalilly HB User

that would be great if Gonal is easier than Clomid. DR. told me that with my age(40 in 2ww) that the Gonal would work bettter than Clomid. I don't have the time. It is expensive! Ins. covers some but not all.
I wish you good luck with your new try's. stay strong!

Old 04-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
(female)

Chantalle HB User

Bellalilly,
I am very sorry to hear about your BFN. My fingers are crossed for you this cycle. Maybe this new drug will end up helping!!
Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

Closed Thread