It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lahc1 HB User
Dropping in to say Hi!

Hi Girls,

I've been mostly MIA since my failed IVF in May but I have been periodically stopping by to see how my girls are doing DH and I have decided that adoption is definately for us and we don't want to do anymore IF treatments. We signed up with an agency last week and are moving full force ahead. It's a bit overwhelming but mostly exciting, it's the most at peace and happy I've felt in years so I know this is the right thing for me. I haven't posted much though because now that I'm not going through IF treatments I don't have a lot going on and I know this isn't an adoption board so I don't want to upset anyone with the details.

Holly, I'm so happy to read that you are going to try again and are feeling a little bit better everyday. I know that this is going to work out for you and I'm praying I hear that good news from you soon.

Mapia, How is the move going? I think you were packing last time I saw an update. It must be so exciting to move back to your favorite place and get to see your BF again soon. I hope the move is just what you need to get that elusive BFP

Deluka, I'm sorry I missed your post but from reading some others I gathered it was a BFN. We all know how heartbreaking that is and I hope you are doing okay. I'm thinking of you.

Kari, I read that you are stimming already for your first IVF. How exciting! I'll be checking in to see how you are doing. I hope your appt went okay today. During my stimming sometimes I had to go back 2 days in a row too when my E2 was a little high but it never amounted to any big problems. I hope you got good news today.

ASPROUSEY05, I can't believe your E/R is already this week. I've missed so much! Good luck and I'm sending you lots of baby dust

I saw a few BFPs on the boards and wish you all the best for a happy and healthy 9 months. Congratulations!

Even though I'm not on as much anymore I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User
Re: Dropping in to say Hi!

Hi Lori sweetie been thinking about u and wondering how u are doing.I am glad u are proceeding with adoption that is really great news.I really dont think u would upset anyone here by talking about adoption.I think we all want to know how u are doing and would be so happy for u when u finally adopt a baby.I bet u will still get a BFP after adopting I just have a feeling.Know u are in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to hearing from u.Well the boxes have been sent out so now we have exactly 7 weeks from today that we leave.I am excited and about starting up treatment again.This break has been great though.Anyway sweetie it was great jearing from u.Take care and I hope u get that baby real soon.

Mapia

Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Lori-

Great hearing from you. I was wondering where you went! That is fantastic news that you guys are going to adopt, and most of all that you have found peace with your whole IF situation. I think adoption is great. I've been toying around with the idea in my head as well. I think by the time I make up my mind I will have found peace too. We will do IVF at least one more time. My friend just recieved her adopted premie. He came from a teen mom. They were so excited!! I swear, people have been so excited for them around here because everyone knows how long they have waited for a baby. Good luck to you!!

Carisa

Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
(female)

Army Wife HB User

Lori~

Great to hear from you. I am glad you have decided to pursue adoption, and have an inner peace with all this crazy IF. I wish you the best of luck with your pursuits! It won't be long, and you will be a mommy- and I am sure a great one at that! Having struggled with IF, we gain alot of patience. That will only come in handy with your new little one!

Take care,

Laurie

Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

KJinKy HB User

It's great to hear you have decided to adopt. There are so many little babies who need homes it is a wonderful thing. I was ready to adopt myself before I concieved my DS. I had TTC for 12 years and was ready to move on. I had talked to the adoption agencies and all but DH wanted to try IVF first and if it didn't work then adopt. So we were saving money for IVF when I found out I was preggo. Hope you get your little one soon. Are you going to do domestic or internation adoption?

Kelly

Old 06-26-2007, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Hi Lori,
you don't know me but I just to say that I'm really happy that you have chosen an option that feels right for you. I'm so happy that you're going to get your bundle of joy!! I wish you the best best best best times ahead and hope you'll let us know how it's going!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Lori! It is so good to hear from you. I think it is truly wonderful that you and DH are moving forward with adoption, and I am so happy to hear that you have found peace. I long for the day when I can say that about msyelf. I am so interested to hear how everything progresses. Please don't be shy about posting whatever details you feel comfortable sharing w/ us. Yes, this is an IF board, but I'm sure many will agree that adoption is one alternative to overcoming IF. So, if you want to, please share away.

Any idea how long before you will meet your new little one?

Holly

Old 06-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Hi Lori

Great to hear from you . I think it sgreat news that you found some peace re IF and decided to adopt. I really hope that you will have the lucky baby in your arms asap.
If you feel ok with it i am sure that most of us here would love to have you share the details.
Wishing you all the very best

Amy

Old 06-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Hi Lori,

It's really great to hear from you and congratulations on siging up with an adoption agency, that puts a smile on my face! DH was looking at international adoption websites last night, and kept showing me pictures of adorable little childres & babies and jokingly said to me, "come over here and let's pick out a kid." It was cute.

Anyway, what an wonderful experience, and would be very interested to know some of the details.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Lori!!! So great to hear from you! I have thought about you often, hoping and praying that you've been doing okay. I think it is fantastic that you are moving forward with adoption. I feel so strongly that adoption is a wonderful gift and something I want to do. My DH refused to consider it for so long. Finally, just a couple weeks ago, he said that we could adopt after we had one or two of our own! I started crying immediately, I couldn't believe he said that. And now I know that if for some reason the IF treatments don't work for us, than there is a very good chance he'd come around and just adopt straight out. I've always thought about going to China for a little girl... so many kids out there that need loving families, and I'd just love to give that love they need. Well good luck to you, and please do keep us posted. Your struggle with IF has taken you to this next step, and I don't think there is anyone on the board who wouldn't appreciate and understand your updates as your proceed, right up until you hold your baby! Congrats sweetie!

Old 06-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

JAM82 HB User

Lori,

Its so fab that you and dh are doing well and have decided to move onto adoption,dont forget to come back and visit and let us know of your progress!
So what else has been hapening then?

xx

Last edited by JAM82; 06-26-2007 at 03:08 PM.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Lori

It is lovely to hear from you as I think of you often and wonder how you are getting on.
I am so glad you have found the peace you were looking for. You and DH will make amazing parents to the lucky child you adopt and you are going to have so much joy in your home before you know it!
Please feel free to post your experience here as I know we would all be interested in hearing how you are getting on.

Ruby

Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lahc1 HB User

You are all so sweet! I should of known you would all be so supportive like always. I just didn't wanted to overstep the boundries with the board.

Not a lot to report yet. We signed up with the agency last week and I got the paperwork yesterday. A lot of stuff to fill out We should be submitting the first part this week and then we'll be getting assigned a social worker to start the home study process. We are choosing international but are still deciding between Guatamela & Russia which we don't have to decide until towards the end of the Home Study period. The timeframe from start to finish is about 10 months to a year so hopefully I'll be a mommy next spring/summer.

I'll keep you all posted.

Lori

Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Oh Lori

Reading your post made me feel emotional.......i am so happy for you.
I can imagine that 10 mnths to a year sounds far away fro you but it will be here closer than you think. Have you decided if it will be a boy or a girl yet?

Wishing you all the very best once again.

Amy

Closed Thread