It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Thumbs down It's not looking good

Well, I had my u/s and b/w this morning and it's not good news. My lining is only at a 6... and that's really not good considering it was 7 on Tues and 8 on Thurs. My RE is extremely concerned with my risk of severe OHSS having almost 40 good size follicles right now (many b/w 14-20). I knew that was a risk with IVF but I didn't think it would happen to me.

They told me that for now we will "coast"... and I know what that means in terms of OHSS - it's the alternative to canceling a cycle and trying to save it. I am fighting back tears so hard, and my DH who went with me, is breathing down my neck about not crying and making sure I don't get upset. I just want to cry hysterically right now and I can't cause I know it's not good for me, and my DH will get mad if I do that to myself. We've spent $16,000 out of pocket already for this cycle and I am just praying that at a minimum they will aspirate the eggs and freeze them so we can transfer in a couple months... they said that was def an option. They also said that they haven't given up on actually doing the transfer, but at this point with a lining of only 6 I feel like we shouldn't even try it and waste 2 really good embryos anyway.

They will call me later with further instruction, but we know I'm not to take any more stims (which I've barely taken for the last two days anyway). I know I'm going in tomorrow for another u/s and b/w (the 8th day in a row!!!!!!!!) and maybe then we'll see if things are looking up. Sounds like they are calling the apothecary now to get some sort of medicine that will help prevent the severe OHSS from coming on (never heard of that ) which I'll start tomorrow. I'm glad they are monitoring me so closely and I'm not mad at the office by an means, I'm just way disappointed.

Please cross your fingers and pray for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

Army Wife HB User
Re: It's not looking good

Kari~

As difficult as it is, try to remain optimistic. Keep your head up, and I will pray for a good outcome with your cycle. No matter how you slice it, this IF stuff is so emotionally draining.

We are praying for you! Let us know how it all turns out.

Laurie

Old 06-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

I'm trying Laurie, I really am. I want to stay optimistic cause that's how I try to live day to day... you know, the glass if half full.?.?. I know your history and that you tend to have the opposite problem... I wish we could get together and somehow rub off on each other and find our happy mediums I hope your cycle keeps going well hun. I'd be happy if this were the one for you.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Oh Kari sweetie I am so sorry u are going through this but DH is right u have to remain calm crying and stressing sometimes will do more harm then good so please take care of urself.I am glad they are monitoring u so closely so that way they will be able to prevent OHSS.U know u are in my prayers constantly.Maybe u should get out go somewhere with DH a movie dinner dont sit around.I am really worried about u and I just wish there was something I could do.I know there isent but I am praying hard for u girl.U know I want this so much for u.Take care of urself and we are here for u.

(((HUGS)))

Mapia

Old 06-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Oh KAri

I am so sorry however DH s right try to take it easy...i know it s easier said than done but the only thing you can do right know is try to keep relaxed.
It s so unfair having to deal with these complications. As if IF alone is not enough.
The fact that they are trying to save the cycle indicates that you do hold a chance.So try to think positive.
I am saying some extra prayers for you today. Please keep us posted on how it goes tomorrow. Will be here to support you.

Hugs

Amy

Old 06-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Thanks Mapia, you and your words mean so much to me. I'm trying to keep a cool head but it's so hard. If they don't do the transfer this coming week I keep thinking that it could be another couple months and I don't know how I'll get thru it. Well that's not true cause I know you guys will be here for me and help me thru. What would I do w/out this board? ? I love you guys.

Thx Amy, I just saw your post. And I really appreciate your extra prayers. I know I need them. Hope you are feeling well and relaxed yourself... good positive thoughts for that little baby of yours!!!

Last edited by Kari15; 06-30-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Kari, I can't believe you are going through this. I feel so bad for telling you not to worry about OHSS. I wish this weren't happening to you. I am glad though that your dr is monitoring you so closely. At least you are off the stims and the follicles can do the rest on their own. They seem to have gotten off to a great start! I am definitely praying that your cycle will not be canceled!!!!! Is there anything they can do to help your lining? Can you start progesterone early? Let us know how tomorrow's appt goes. I will be thinking of you.

Holly

Last edited by TryN2BMommy; 06-30-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Holly, thx sweetie. They didn't mention anything about giving me something now to help my lining... maybe that's cause they already know in their minds we're not going thru w/ transfer And I told them at my day3 u/s that I had concerns w/ my lining. That could be the only thing that makes me a little mad with my RE office.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I understand that it would be such a pity having your cycle cnx however try not to think ahead now. Things might be ok too and you might have a successful cycle. Try to take each step at a time....now it is important that you don t stress yourself.

Whatever happens we will be here for you .........sending you gentle hugs

AMy

Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
(female)

cris~30 HB User

Kari,
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through ... try to relax and not stress to much. I know you're probably saying to yourself "yah, easier said than done" but just try. I will keep you in my prayers ~ stay strong and I wish you all the best.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Thanks Cris. I'm trying so hard not to stress, I just wish I knew how this was all gonna work out.

The NP called and told me what I imagine is some good news. After my E2 went from 868 Wed to 1850 Thurs to 2660 Fri, it only went up to 2967 today. (not sure how accurate this is, but I've read that 3000 is about the max they want it to be at time of trigger to reduce risk of ohss.) So to my surprise, she said to take 75 of gonal-F tonite and just lupron in the morning and come in to the office. My guess is maybe they will have me trigger tomorrow and then do e/r on Tues? But I have no idea if they are gonna go ahead with the transfer or just freeze whatever embies fertilize and make it to day five. Well thanks everyone for listening and letting me get this off my chest. I'm anxious for tomorrow to find out more on the fate of this cycle.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Just wanted to see how you are doing before going to bed. I am no expert re IVF but i think that s good news.....and i am praying that the good news will continue.

Hold on Kari.

Amy

Old 06-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

oh Kari, My fingers are crossed for you, I am sending as many prayers your way to let things settle down. Your DH is right, (it sucks sometimes ) but you need to relax sweetie, its gonna happen. Everything will be ok. Stay positive, there is still so much hope and we are all sending it to you. Keep us posted. When I have anxiety/stress I bake, I think because I can control everything in the food maybe try and do something that will keep you preoccupied to let your mind relax. Stay strong AimeeM

Old 06-30-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Kari, just wanted to see how you were doing. I think it's great news that your level didn't go up much more today. Hopefully it will stay that way! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for good news tomorrow. Like everyone else has been saying, try your best to just relax and let DH take care of you.

Holly

Old 06-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Holly. I am doing okay tonite. DH and I met my sis and BIL for a casual bite for dinner and had some good laughs (which hurt my ovaries w/ each chuckle but worth it ). I'm so happy the E2 didn't rise that much from yest. to today, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up that we will still do the transfer. I'm just going to go along w/ whatever the RE recommends tomorrow. I know they have my best interest in mind. How are you doing?

Amelu, I took your advice earlier and went and reorganized a few cabinets in the kitchen (it was a safer bet, considering I'm not a good cook... but getting better since I resigned! ). Felt good to keep busy. I haven't had a breakdown yet, so I'm glad DH was there to keep me focused earlier. He's so cute...... when he saw the screen during my u/s today he said that my ovaries look like two huge honeycombs!!! At dinner, he asked how my honeycombs were doing

Amy, thanks for checking in. I'm hanging in here. I will let you know if we get good news after our appt tomorrow morning. Sweet dreams to you and your lil one!

Closed Thread