It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
(female)

cowgal135 HB User
Problems w/ prometrium and AF

Here's my situation, DH and I have been TTC for few years now. Conceived in January with an IUI, when I went in for my twelve week check up, there was no heartbeat. Seems I lost the baby at about 10 wks. Had a D&C on 4/27. Absolutely heartbreaking, and since my body thought we were 12 wks, my milk let down, add insult to injury, I also got mastitis. We had tests run on the fetus and there were no abnormalities. No explantion for what happened.

My next period started 6/14, DH and I are not really listening to Doc's advice about waiting, so when I had a sharp pain on D19 I started my prometrium (just in case). HPT on D28 was BFN so stopped prometrium(took prometrium for 12 days). Here's my question... Monday would be D32 4 days with no prometrium and still no AF. Took 2 more HPT's both BFN. This has never happened to me with prometrium before, usually AF comes before I stop taking the prometrium or the day after I stop. Has anyone else had to wait 5 or more days after stopping prometrium for AF to arrive?

Sorry for going on and on
Thanks Erin

Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lizzie786 HB User
Re: Problems w/ prometrium and AF

Hi Erin & welcome!

Sorry to hear about your m/c, that must have been absolutely devastating, I can't imagine. And after so long ttc.

I'm assuming that prometrium is progesterone, to help keep the lining thick? I use progesterone pessaries after IUI and AF usually comes before I stop. I wonder if your cycle will take a little while to adjust after what happened. Perhaps you could get a blood test done instead of a hpt, it could be more accurate?

If it helps, I didn't respond to the meds on my last IUI, and bled on cd9, 10 & 11 and the cycle had to be scrapped. I have waited 6 weeks and no AF, and am now taking Provera to induce AF so I can start another cycle. I did 3 hpts - all BFN. It just might be worth asking about if you wait a lot longer and still bfns & no AF.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Lizzie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 03:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

hey hun!! my af took about 4 days to return after stopping prometrium. but i also never got my period while on the progesterone after an ivf cycle. im praying that af stays away and you get a BFP!! i know it is tough, but there may be a reason your dr told you to wait. you need time to physically heal.. maybe thats why you were experiencing pain. my re made me do a hysteroscopy after my miscarriage to make sure my uterus healed properly and that is was ok to start ttc again. i hope u are k, and pregnant again really soon. you know we are all praying for you here!!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Erin, I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c. I have suffered losses myself, and I know it's not easy. Especially after trying so hard. I think your cycle may just be off from all that happened recently. Your body is probably really confused, not knowing what it's supposed to be doing. I'm sure it will straighten itself out really soon.

I wish you all the best for a healthy bfp in the very very near future.

Holly

Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

erin, i am sorry about the m/c. I have never had one (I have never been pg) but I have seen the pain it causes and I wish no woman an mc. I'm so proud of you for being so strong. Your BFP will happen, cherie...but right now, your body is just little spun around, and you have to give it time to regain its bearings. I will pray for your BFP, and you must keep us posted, cherie!

**BABY DUST****

Closed Thread