It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lahc1 HB User
Just dropping in to say Hello!

I've been thinking of all you gals lately so I wanted to stop in to say hi. There's seems to be so many new people since I've been off the boards for the last couple of months. I'm sorry there are so many of us but glad they found the wonderful women on this board for support

First off - Aimee!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you. It's been a long road for you and I you must be so ecstatic Wishing you the best for a healthy and happy nine months!

Cmarie - So glad to see that you are out of the woods and are off bedrest. I'm sure it seemed like forever but as you know it will all be so worth it when you have that little girl in your arms. What a beautiful name too

Kari - I'm so sorry to see you had OHSS. I hope AF shows up soon so you can continue with your FET. How are you doing these days? I'm praying the time is almost here for you sweetie.

Holly - I'm sending some follies cheers your way. I hope this IUI works out for you. You have been through so much and always stay so strong and positive. You are an amazing person.

Mapia - I didn't see too much from you here. I hope you are doing well. How are your moving plans going? It must be so exciting that you'll be back in Greece so soon!

Does anyone hear from Deluka? I hope she is doing well.

I keep you all in my prayers and I hope you find your way to being mommies soon

Quick update on me: We started the international adoption process and are in the homestudy phase now. That should be done the end of August and then the dossier around the beginning of October. Then we will just be waiting for a refferal for 0-3 months. If all goes smoothly we should be bring our daughter home from Russia sometime in Spring '08! It's all starting to finally seem real now and DH and I are getting so excited. After so many years of waiting it finally seems in our reach to be parents.

I hope you are all doing well. Sending lots of baby dust to you all!

Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Re: Just dropping in to say Hello!

Lori HI!!!!! So very nice of you to drop in! I got chills (the good kind!) reading that you will be holding your little daughter next spring! I've been wondering how you were doing and in fact was just thinking about you a few days ago!

I'm getting ready to approach DH about possibly starting the adoption process even before our next attempt at IVF. I'm just afraid that I will upset him b/c I know that he wants a biological child so badly first (he's agreed to adoption after we have a baby of our own). I would like to go ahead and try IVF again as soon as we can, but I don't see the hurt in starting the research and maybe even application process now for adoption. Do you think we should just focus on one thing at a time? I wonder how the adoption agencies would feel about that. I just need some kind of hope b/c I have all this love and time to give a child....

Well hun, I am so happy to hear from you. We miss you on the board, but I know each of us understands the reason behind your hiatus and our support and prayers will continue to be with you! Please do keep us posted as the day nears when you hold your baby girl. I know I'll continue to think about you! (((hugs)))

Kari

Old 07-27-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Lori!!

I think about you often as well. It's amazing the bonds that we form when you consider we have never seen each other's faces. Wow, you and DH are really in the middle of the whole adoption process...it won't be long now!!! I'm just thrilled that you and DH found this path and will be parents very very soon. I hope you will let us know all about the day you get to meet your daughter!!

Holly

Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Lori, ma belle, I am too new for you to know me, but I want to say that I am so unbelievably happy for you, and your daughter fro Russia. Mon Cher Dieu, I am so happy!! This is so wondeful! What is her name? How old will she be when you expect to get her? How did you go about the adoption process? I told Dh even bfore were married that even if we have six of our "own" I would like to adopt internationally. I hope you'll keep us updated, cherie!!

Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

hey lori it is so nice to hear from you. well hopefully by early spring 08 we will both be holding our new bundles of joy. im so happy that the process is getting started! im so excited you and dh are going to be parents, and you seem so happy about everyting going on, and that is SOO wonderful! ive been thinking about you, so im so glad you came back to update us on how your doing <3 aimee

Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Lori I am so glad to hear from you.I have thought about you and wondered how you were doing.I am so glad that the adoption proceedings are going well and so quickly.I am doing well havent cycled in months so I am feeling good no drugs no 2ww it feels good.We are moving in a little over 2 weeks ha now I have a 2ww for my move......lol.I have an appointment with an RE in greece on Augs 27th.I am excited to see what he will say.I dont have much going on thats about it.I am just so happy for you and hearing you will get your daughter in the spring that is so wonderful.

May I ask has she been born yet or did you just request a daughter?Also you mentioned you will get her from Russia did you through an adoption agency outside the US?Sorry I am being so curious.Anyway so glad to hear from you sweetie.Take care and drop in from time to time I also wont be on as much when I get to greece but I will try my best to keep you all updated on my progress.Well take care and again it was so nice to hear from you.

Mapia

Old 07-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

deluka96 HB User

Hi Lori!!!

So glad to see how well your doing!! I am so excited for you and DH!!!! Good luck on your home study!! I can't believe it!! You guys will be parents in no time!! So very VERY HAPPY for you both!!! Wishing you both all the best. I really have not been the boards at all but wanted to say hello. I often think of all you guys and glad things are finally moving in a positive light for you. It has been a rough few years I know but now you will be parents!!!

As for me I gae notice at my job and plan to leave once I am replaced, I am staying per diem though so I can maybe come back at a later date. We are also just starting the to focus all our attention on adoption, hence one of the reasons I will be leaving my job. DH and I also going want to become a foster parents. We will still keep trying though, I may try IVF one more time in October and maybe again in the future.

Well great to hear from you girlie!! Sending you HUGE HUGS!!!!

deluka

Old 07-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lahc1 HB User

You are all so sweet I miss everyone too but since I'm not going through this daily anymore it's too hard to relive it everyday. But I promise I will continue to check in with you all from time to time. I can't wait until we are all mommies some day!

Deluka, I'm so happy to hear from you. That's great that you are going to become foster parents and maybe adopt too. I understand still trying IVF too. I have some frozen embies left and we will do a FET at some point -probably Fall 2008 after we have our first one home. Sending you HUGE hugs back

Mapia, I know, I've had no drugs since May and now I am starting to feel like a normal person again. I can't believe you are leaving in 2 weeks. That is such an exciting 2ww! And a new RE appointment at the end of the month. I can't wait to here all the good news from you soon. As for our adoption, yes, she is already born but we don't know who she is yet (we requested a girl). At time of referral she will be about 1 year old so if we get a referral around January or so then she is probably about 7 months old now. Isn't that crazy to think my little angel is out there but we just haven't found each other yet! Our agency is here in MA where we live but they do many international adoptions from all over the world every year. I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures in Greece. Keep us posted!

Aimee, Yes, I guess we will both be mommies around the same time. I can't belive it is finally here either but this will be the best Spring of both our lives!

Princess, Thanks for such a sweet note. Adoption is a wonderful thing and I always wanted to adopt as well, I just figured I'd have a bio child first but we tried our best and I'm okay that it worked out this way. When you are ready you start by hiring an adoption agency and then they will walk you through the whole thing. It's a lot of paperwork but it's exciting. Good luck on your path to motherhood.

Holly, I'll definately keep you all posted from time to time. I'm sure when I bring her home I'll be wanting to brag to everyone

Kari, Good to hear from you too. My DH orginally wanted to wait to adopt for our second one too and that's why I continued with IF treatments even when I was all set with them. I had to make sure he was ready too and now he is and I can say it was worth the wait to now see him so excited talking about our future daughter and wondering what she'll be like If you wanted you can do both at the same time. We were originally thinking we'd do FET while we were starting our adoption paperwork but now we've changed our minds and decided to wait until after we bring our little girl home. I can honestly say I don't care about getting pregnant at this point although I'd like to try again in the future. I say have the conversation with DH and do whatever you both think is best for your situation. There are no right or wrongs with this stuff. But please do keep your hopes up. I never thought I'd get over my devestation after my failed IVF and I can say now I am happier than I've been in years. I'm excited about being a mother in about 9 months - I am considering this time my "pregnancy", except I can lose some weight, drink, party it up and enjoy my last few months of no responsibilities

Even when I don't get on this board too often know I think of you all often and pray we all find our ways to motherhood soon. Baby dust!

Lori

Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Lori, your excitement warms my heart, so thank you for sharing b/c the timing couldn't be better... I really needed my spirits lifted today. I think I will be talking to DH in the next few days about where we stand w/ adoption, I just got to get the courage to do so. Thank you for telling me that your DH was a bit apprehensive and now is very excited! That brings me hope that my DH will follow suit. I can't wait to hear more about your little girl so don't forget about us and again good luck with everything! Love, Kari

Old 07-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Lori, Kari is right. Your excitement is heartwarming. I couldn't be happier for you and DH!!

Holly

Old 07-28-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Lori, congrats! My aunt adopted a little boy from Russia and he's so sweet and cute and has completely enriched their lives. You'd never know he wasn't their biological child.

It is such a wonderful gift for you and DH and the little girl too. I'm so excited for you. Hope time flies and you get to hold her soon!

Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Lori thanks so much for answering my questions.I think it is so wonderful what you and DH are doing.Giving this child a wonderful and loving home.I just know you will soon have your own.It is so amazing knowing your daughter is out there and you will soon be holding her.I am so happy for you and DH.I will defently keep you all posted on my progress as much as possible.I just cant promise I will be on to often.Well anyway sweetie you take care live it up cause soon you will be a mommy and you will have to settle down.........lol.So drink dance party it up....... Ok sweetie take care and know you and DH are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mapia

Old 07-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Lori I am so so happy for you and DH. This must be so exciting! You must have so much to do to get ready for your daughter. it must feel good to know that she is only months from being in your arms.

I have spoken to DH about adopting from Russia as well. Is there anything you think I should know about? Like things that surprised you or shocked you? We are doing our second IVF next month, but i have already started sending for information on adoption but it is confusing to me. How long does the entire process take? How long will it take for you to track down all the documents you need to put together? How many adoption agencies did you interview? i know, i have too many questions.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

CBB - when my aunt adopted from Russia it was appx a 1 year wait, however they were told that it was ONLY a year b/c they wanted a boy. They said girls are more frequently adopted internationally and can take up to 3 years. That may have changed, as my little cousing is now almost 8, but something to think about...

Old 07-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Oh cherie, your happiness makes me smile!! I am so happy fo ryou and your Dh et the lucky little girl. Don't forget about us, cherie, we will be hoping to hear everyhting about her!! Good luck, ma belle!!

Closed Thread