It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

safallow HB User
Donor embryo

Hi ladies,
I don't know if any of you remember me, so a quick catch up first. I'm 27, I have a son that is 10. Diagnosed with endo via laparotomy in 06, had sx to remove right ovary d/t 10cm endometrioma by my ob-gyn. Found a 12cm endometrioma on remaining ovary this spring. Had a lap in June, but my bowel was all over my ovary. So, on July 17th my RE and an oncologist did a laparotomy to remove the cyst and clean endo up. Between getting it unstuck from my bowel and uterus, plus removing the walls of the endometrioma, they were only able to leave about 10% of my ovary. He's sure that I am perimenopausal now. I had my post op appt on Thursday and he mentioned donor eggs again, but also donor embryo. We also are dealing with MF, so donor embryos seem appealing. From the limited research I've been able to do on the net, it also seems to be less expensive than donor eggs, and about even with adoption. Plus, we would get to experience the pregancy. So, now I'm asking you lovely ladies what you know about embryo adoption.
Plus, I want to say congratulations to everyone who has had their BFP's recently, and say I'm so sorry to those who have not. I hope all of us get our time to be parents to the children we pray for.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lizzie786 HB User
Re: Donor embryo

Hi there,
I'm sorry, I don't know anything at all about donor embryos, but it does sound like a wonderful idea that may be right for you. Hopefully someone will have some info for you. Sorry about your problems with endo. I hope things turn around for you, and you have a little brother or sister for your DS soon.
All the best,
Lizzie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
(female)

safallow HB User

Thanks lizzie for your kind words. I've been having some dark days lately and finding all of this kind of hard to cope with. None of my friends in real life have had to deal with anything like this. My best friend gets pregnant the first month she tries for all of her pregnancies. So, I guess I'm just reaching out to find someone online who understands.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lizzie786 HB User

We're all here for you, and we all understand the pain of IF - and the dark days. It just seems to add insult to injury when those close to us all seem to get pg at the drop of a hat. Hang in there - you will come through this, and hopefully be able to go ahead with embryo adoption very soon. Good luck & big hugs,
Lizzie

Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
(female)

seeiay HB User

Hello Safallow,

I don't know anything about donor embryo's either, but I wanted to say hi anyway. I know how lonely IF can be. No one in my life really understands either. This board has really been a comfort. I'm glad you're here.

I hope today is a good one for you. You are in my thoughts.

-Christine

Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
(female)

safallow HB User

Thanks for the support. I am actually starting to feel better. It's weird, but having this new option to obsess over is comforting. I have been doing some online research about donor embryos and it really seems like it could be a viable option for us. The price is very reasonable compared to donor eggs. So, now I just need to wait a while to finish healing (I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow) and then call my RE's office to find out more about how they match couples.
Thanks again

Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

M77W HB User

Hi Safallow, I don't know much about embryo donors, but I did read an article about some couple that used two 15 year old embryos and got twins. It appears the embryos made it after Katrina, in New Orleans, the bank they were at lost power but managed to save them, and this couple I think the term is "adopted" them. I would go and ask a doctor that does IVF, or a sperm bank, they might have more info on how to "adopt embryos". As I read people abandon lots of embryos and the banks are not allowed to destroy them so maybe you can cut a better deal with them.
Good luck to you and let us know on what you find about this.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Salut safallow, I just wanted to ask what steps you are taking at the moment, cherie. how are you?
******babydust*****

Closed Thread