It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nellie46 HB User
How many of you always knew

I was just wondering if I was the only one that always knew you would suffer infertility. I'd never had tests to confirm this it was just something I always knew deep down that it would not be so easy for me. And here I am have been trying for 3 years and only 1 pregnancy ending at only 8 weeks. So I guess what I'm asking is do any of you agree that it could be woman's intuition.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User
Re: How many of you always knew

I can't say I always knew but I definately had a feeling I would have trouble. I broke my pelvis at 16 and my dr. at the time said I may have problems conceiving and carrying a pregnancy to term so since then I have always thought. But my tests before they found the endo always came back great so I tried to dismiss it, but I guess deep down I always knew........its really wierd though I have newfound hope today and really finally believe we will get our baby.....miracles happen all around us. Sorry for the long winded response......yes I guess I did always know........sometimes I even wonder.....listening to all "the secret" banter if I have brought it into my life for some reason......AimeeM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nellie46 HB User

So true I think I always knew it wouldn't be so easy when I was about 13 I've been with the same guy since age 12 and wrecklessly having sex since 15 with hopes I'd conceive.....dumb yes I see that now but I've recently married the man I've been with all these years and after 6 years of having sex unprotected and only 1 pregnancy I think any rocket scientist could tell you there's a problem. I always wanted to be a mommy and still do but God's just gonna make sure I'm ready before he lets that happen.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

In my early teenage years, I didn't think so, but as I entered adulthood I thought it was a possibility. I went through nursing school and during my OB rotation, I realized the impact of having very irregular and infrequent menstrual cycles. After that, I pretty much knew.

Amy

Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

leeniebeanie HB User

I don't think I knew from, say Birth, since as a first-grader when the teacher asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I said "a mommy" (which she said wasn't a "job"...). But, when my periods disappeared at 17, I definitely started to have a slight concern. My doctor dismissed the missing periods as a weird adolescent thing (did NO tests) and put me on the pill. Through college that vague concern became a little bit more than that and my frustration grew as doctor after doctor dismissed my issues.

After college I became proactive in finding out what was "wrong" with me and was lucky to find a doctor who was just as willing to listen and run tests. At 24 I was diagnosed with PCOS, which made the infertility concern get louder. Once I met my husband that nagging concern became even louder. At 30 I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and that nagging concern became a blaring siren!

Long winded response, but yes, I think a part of me has known I was going to have fertility problems from a young age...

Old 08-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

I would say yes I always knew I remember walking around a shopping centre when I was 11yrs old with my mum and nanna, I dont recall what we were talking about but I do remember saying " I dont think I will fall pregnant easily". I dont know why I said it as at that age I dont recall having any knowledge about infertility and didnt know anybody who was having trouble getting pregnant. So either I knew or I jinxed myself.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 08-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Because I fell pregnant so easily with my first two babies I didn't really think that secondary infertility would ever be a problem for me but I think I always had a fear hidden away deep down inside that I may never be able to easily have more children and unfortunately this fear has become true, a terrible reality that breaks my heart every day. I wonder if all women worry about having IF problems or just those of us that are more maternal?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

What a great idea for a thread!

I think that I have known ever since I first got my period, when I was 13. It was crazy, vraiment!! I would bleed for WEEKS, and then my periode would disappear fro MONTHS. I went on the BCP to control it when I was 14, but even the BCP didn't really help in regulating it. everyone told me "It's beucase you're young" (Really if I here another explanation to do with me being young.....like "You're young, wait awhile" I'm going to wee wee my pants ) But I htink I knew from then, that something isn't right. I tired putting it aside, like thinking that they're right, and it's beucase I'm very young.

But as I grew, my worry grew and grew. When i was 19, my periods were still very very irregular and unreliable in coming, while all the girls around me, they were very predictable with theirs.

Bfore I even met my husband, before I was even having sex (My DH was my first) I began having serious doubts that I would be able to get pregnant "on my own" Even on BCP, I would skip months, or bleed uncontrollably.

I've always wanted to be a maman... even whenI was a child back in France (I grew up in France, and then moved here to quebec) I knew that I was meant to be a Maman, but I would have troubles getting pregnant.

Like Cashahn, I don't know whether I had that incredible insight, or if I jinxed myself

***babydust***

Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #9
(female)

Brownie110 HB User
Unhappy Re: How many of you always knew

I think I kind of known deep down only for the fact that all my friends were all married and had there kids young.....I just knew that with my luck...I would be the one who is having trouble conceiving...since I am the last one out of all of them to just recently get married (10 months ag0) and Im 35..

Old 08-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #10
(female)

leeniebeanie HB User

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing in the middle of this very thought provoking thread (I love the topic, by the way) because of Princess' statement that if she hears that excuse she's gonna wee wee in her pants! I LOVE IT!!!!! Mostly because I got that explanation throughout my teens and early twenties... and we're so programmed to think "The doctor is right" rather than standing up and saying "It is MY body, I know something isn't right" grrrr!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Hahahahaha, Leenie, it's so true!! (And I love that you liked that! You're so sweet!) If I hear "You're young, you have plenty of time" I will wee wee!! I'm only 21, so oui, I have time, technically, but I want a baby NOWWWWWWWWWWW. Doctors have to realize that no matter how old you are, you know when something is wrong with our body.

************babydust***********

Last edited by PrincessSweetNS; 08-09-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #12
(female)

CDB2426 HB User

Yes, When I was a junior in highschool I often had the thought that it would be hard for me to get pregnant. I never had reason to believe that I would AF always showed up on time. Now, my husband and I have been trying for almost 5 years. I have told him about my thoughts in high school, and he thinks that I jinxed myself. I just feel that I was being prepared. Not that it helps much I am always emotional about the thought of not being able to get pregnant.

Crystal *‹*

Old 08-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User

I must be very naive because I thought I would be able to get pregnant pretty easily like the "normal" woman, although I've never had regular periods (since I started at 13). Now I think how naive I must have been. But I was young (23) when we started trying, 2 months after we got married. I took preg tests left and right for about a year, and then decided that I better go to the dr since I hadn't had a period going off BCP yet. That's when it sank in that we have a problem! I think my main thought was that my mom never had a regular period either, but she seemed to have 4 kids without a problem, even getting pregnant with 2 of us while using BC. She now sees my situation and realizes how lucky she is that it was easy for her, or she would not have had any kids at all!

Cristy

Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

You know, it's funny b/c from a very young age I also "knew" that I'd have trouble, even though I had no reason to really believe that. Now, I have to wonder if I wasn't so high strung about it, would I have actually had trouble? I wonder if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Viktorria, that is a very good question, cherie. I wonder also, if we weren't so worried that we would have trouble... would we now? I tell my DH about this, how I always knew, et he says I jinxed myself. Mais, I don't know...there are some thigns that you just know.

***babydust***

Closed Thread