It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User
Cramps Before Ovulation

Is it common to have cramps (I don't mean that distinct ovulation pain) for awhile before ovulating? I've had PMS-like cramps on and off from CD18-26, and still haven't ovulated. Last cycle, I ovulated on CD40 & only had cramps for a day or two before that, but never felt that ovulation pain. Just wondering if anybody else experiences this...

Thanks,
Cristy

Old 09-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User
Re: Cramps Before Ovulation

Anybody have any advice????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Cristy

I can't say I have ever really noticed anything like what you are describing. How painful is it? If the pain is unbearable then it might pay to run it past your doctor. If it is just the odd twinge here and there then I think I would be inclined to put it down to the fact that we are so tuned into our bodies that we are more aware than other women of everything that goes on in that region.
I hope you are not in too much discomfort and I'm sorry I couldn't offer better advice.

Take care and babydust to you.

Ruby

Old 09-29-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nellie46 HB User

YesI had that this past month and I had them all the way to my BFP......maybe it's a good sign. I haven't had them this month and I'm still on BFN so I'm crossing my fingers for u

Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Cristy,

I have weird sensations all throughout my cycle, so I really can't offer you any advice on this. I'm always feeling a twinge here or a tightening there, and it could be before O during O or after O. I never know what's going on in there unless I'm being monitored or using OPKs. I usually only have cramps right before and during AF. Sorry I can't really help you on this.

I can send you lots of luck and baby dust though!

Holly

Old 09-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User

Thanks guys! I'm thinking that Ruby's probably right - we are so in tune with our bodies that we feel every little twinge. And no, I'm not really in pain, just mild AF-like cramps. Sometimes worse than others and it makes me feel like AF is coming, although I know she's not because I haven't O'ed yet (using OPK monitor and BBT). Thanks for the thoughts.

Cristy

Old 09-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
(female)

SlyFoxy HB User

Hi,
Yes you can have cramps before you have ovulation. I sure do, believe me at times it hurts pretty bad like AF coming but it's not her just were I'm getting to ovalate. I also talked to my doctor about the cramps an he said that is a great sign. He said you can have pain on one side or both when getting ready to ovalate. I told him I have had it were I can feel it on both sides. He also said to me another signs of when ovulation fixing to happen is you can be sick for a day or two before it happens alone with cramps. Only time to get worried if you have pain so bad you can not stand it.

Here is something for you also .
Mittelschmerz/Lower Abdominal Discomfort

About one-fifth of women actually feel ovulatory activity, which can range from mild aching to twinges of sharp pain. This ovulation symptom, called Mittelschmerz, may last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and is usually noticed in the right side of lower abdomen.

Good Luck to you an lots of baby dust. xxxx
Ann

Old 09-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User

Ann: I do know what Mittelschmerz is as I have felt that before, but this is cramping that I've had on and off for the last 2 weeks. So, I'm hoping that these cramps are leading up to O. I'm almost positive that I haven't O'ed yet because I do BBT & CBE monitor. Thanks for the advice about the O pain though. That is amazing that only 1/5 of women feel that pain, but you know, I'm sure most of those are women like us who know their cycles so well and are in tune with their bodies.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #9
(female)

SlyFoxy HB User

I sometime cramps two weeks before I have O. It sometimes drives me nuts because of cramping but at least I know I'm fixing to O. Just now if I can only get pregnant again. Boy does it take time.

Oh on the Mittelschmerz only reason I posted it is because not everyone know what it is.

Good Luck to you.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #10
(female)

jessica0927 HB User
Question Re: Cramps Before Ovulation

I have had mild aching cramps on the right side since cycle day 11 (now on day 13)....I usually have 30-32 day cycles. what could this be? could I be ovulating already? wouldn't that mean my period would be here in 14 days or so ( that would give me a 27 day cycle...never had one that short). Please help...

Old 10-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
(female)

jessica0927 HB User

Also...got a negative opk...could you have ovulation pain before actual ovulation??

Closed Thread