It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
(female)

Kris07 HB User
EWCM, Clomid, & Male Factor Infertility -

I didn't know what to put as the title so I just tried to combine it all, lol.

Anyways, I haven't been around in awhile because things at home & in everyday life have just kept us both so busy & stressed. I hope to be around more.

I had a few questions; hopefully you all don't mind helping me out or to understand a couple of things. Currently I'm on CD 32. I started on August 30th, ended September 6th and that cycle was induced with Provera. (I am irregular; thanks PCOS) I've NEVER had EWCM but I noticed a teeny tiny bit in my undies Tuesday so I grabbed what I saw with toilet paper & it stretched about an inch or so. (TMI: it acted almost booger-like, so to speak, lol) Do you think it's possible that even though it's a little late in my cycle that I ovulated on my own for once? I've never seen that kind of white stuff, nor seen it stretch before, lol. We covered our bases JUST IN CASE by DTD Tuesday & again on Thursday. When should I test, too?

Also, I am so worried because we went to our Infertility appointment yesterday. If we are not pregnant this time (I explained it to them about the EWCM, too) - they gave me 2 more prescriptions for 50mg of Clomid to take days 3-7 of my cycle. We'll see them again in 3 months & if not pregnant by then, our next step is IUI We've been at this for well over a year! Anyways, they re-explained DH's SA results: 83% are abnormal, 17% are normal, 37% are mobile ... or so that is how I understood it. Do you think our chances of conceiving (even this past week if I DID ovulate or with one of these next rounds of Clomid) are anywhere close to being possible?

Sorry for the novel. I really do apologize. I hope someone who has more experience with this sort of thing can help me out! Thanks a lot! I've been a nervous wreck ... headaches, tender BB's when I press on them (sometimes), etc!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: EWCM, Clomid, & Male Factor Infertility -

Hi Kris,

If you think that you O'd on Tuesday, then you could test 14 days after that day and expect to get a fairly reliable answer. I hope it is positive for you. But if you have to continue down this road, don't be scared of IUI's. They really are a piece of cake. It feels just like the annual pap smears we all go in for, and it's over just as quickly. I can't answer any of your questions about your husband's counts, but hopefully somebody else will see your post and be able to help you out there.

Sending you lots of luck and baby dust.

Keep us posted.

Holly

Old 10-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Hi Kris!! I just want to say that it was really good hearing from you. I think that you might have O'ed!! I hope that you get your BFP!!!! But if not (but I am turly pryaing that you do) and IUI becomes an option, don't be frightened, dearest. Just ask lots of questions to the ladies, and do lots of research, and don't be afriad to call your doctor's office with lots of questions We're here for you!!!

*************babydust*********

Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

Hi Kris. I understand about the EWCM. I NEVER have it either. I saw it a couple of months and the second month I noticed it, I did, in fact, get pregnant. I miscarried that baby, but I know the EWCM helped me to conceive. My DH's counts are normal, so I am not much help on helping you figure out what those results mean. I think that anything is possible and you could definately conceive on your own.

Watch out with the Clomid. It dries up your CM. You could drink green tea everyday and take Robitussin to help that. The Clomid really dried me up b/c I don't make much EWCM to begin with.

Good luck to you! I hope you have a BFP this month! Let us know.

ALM

Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
(female)

Kris07 HB User

Thank you all so much! I would've replied sooner but I've been a little busy ... and feeling a little sick.

I am not afraid of IUI's (I've gone through an Endo Biopsy, HSG, etc) so I've become pretty tough toward Infertility procedures ... kind of, LOL! Anyways, it was just not a road hubby & I were ready to discuss but it looks like we'll have to if all else fails! I know someone mentioned to me before it was around $1,500/cycle with the medications, etc.

I really hope I O'ed on my own. I was given the Provera to have a period & started on August 30th - my first cycle since last December. I don't know if it's the hormones from finally getting a period after so long or because it truly may be our turn for a child. (I've lost 2; 1 ectopic, 1 miscarriage around 3 months) This morning I ate some mashed potatoes (yes, for breakfast. It is all I wanted) but it felt like it was sitting in my chest, and I ended up throwing up twice. I'd walk away from the toilet & feel nauseous again. Is that a sign? Also, I've had headaches off & on, been real tired (lack of sleep I'm sure), but my lower back has also been achy - in my hip areas and lower back. Also, my BB's are tender but again, only when I press on them. They just *feel* tender when I'm NOT pressing on them.

What do you wonderful ladies think? I'd be 8DPO today if I did in fact O last Tuesday (day of EWCM) ... I want to take a $ tree test in the morning just to see, lol. I know it'll probably be BFN and part of me just feels like it's impossible for us to get a BFP, so I'm almost fooling myself out of it. I just don't know what to think of these symptoms, which is why I've come to ya'll. You all seem pretty experienced so considering what I've told you at this point, what do you think?

By the way ... HEY PRINCESS! I come & go on here, lol. I'm glad to see your still around and I will always keep you girls in my prayers whether we know each other or not. I know how rough the journey of TTC is; I wish a BFP for each of you!

PS. At this point I'm considered to be on CD 34 which means I would've O'ed pretty late. I don't temp, chart, or do OPK's either. I should but I choose not to. lol

Last edited by Kris07; 10-02-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added the "PS"

Old 10-03-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
(female)

Kris07 HB User

Anyone?? lol

Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Kris, I'm not sure what to think. Your symptoms sounds very promising, but if it really is only 8dpo, then it seems really early to have all those symptoms. I'm really not sure. I would try to hold off on testing until closer to 14dpo, but if you do decide to test, keep in mind it could be too early for the hcg to show up.

Good luck!!!

Holly

Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Kris!! like, Holly, I'm a little bit stuck. I think your symtpoms sound GREAT and very promising.... but 8dpo sounds a little early. Are you sure you didn't O earlier than 8 days ago, and still caught it? If you do test, remember that it's still very early, so you might get a sneaky BFP, that is trying to look like BFN. But good luck toyou whatever you choose to do! Keep us updated!!

******babydust********

Old 10-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
(female)

Kris07 HB User

The day I noticed the little bit of EWCM was last Tuesday, which would make me about 8-9DPO as of right now ... I'm not sure if I would've O'ed earlier or not? I ended my period on Sept. 6th so what do you think?

I know my symptoms are a bit strong. I think the headaches come from the fact I've had a toothache the past couple of days. The lack of sleep is just that - lack of sleep, lol. My sore BB's, lower back aches/hip aches, etc I am not sure of at all.

I noticed online that a lot of women have had these types of symptoms at 8DPO before but I'm just not certain it'll happen that easily for us! I'm sad and kind of discouraged now

Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Don't be discouraged. I'm sorry if my post made you feel that way. I didn't mean to imply that it's impossible for you to have pg symptoms so early, I just didn't want to be too excited and give you false hope. It's so hard to know one way or another this early. There is always a chance though. Hang in there.

Holly

Old 10-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
(female)

Kris07 HB User

Oh no, you didn't make me discouraged! A huge part of me is having a hard time coming to the realization that it just may not happen so easily for us. We haven't had it easy AT ALL since starting to see the Infertility Dr's in July, 2006. I've gone through procedures, tests, blood work, fertility meds, etc. If I am not pregnant this time (I sure hope I am), our Dr. prescribed me our last 2 rounds of Clomid ... I don't want to start those for at least another month though because it's our last time, and I want to try a few other things first since we have at least 3 months before going back to our Infertility Dr's.

I am discouraged because while my BB's ARE tender and I am having lower back/hip aches, I've experienced this all before and had BFN's. But, I've also never noticed the EWCM as I did last Tuesday. I'm going to try hanging in there until at least 14DPO to test. Ugh, this is so hard. I'm sure you and everyone else can certainly understand!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Yes, we definitely do understand. When you want a baby with every fiber of your being and nothing seems to be working, it feels like the worst thing that could happen to you. It's all you can think about. But we just have to keep picking ourselves back up and trying. One day it will be our turn.

I can understand your dr not allowing you to be on clomid forever, but hasn't (s)he talked to you about other options? Clomid is definitely not the only drug out there. If that's all that's being offered to you, then I would suggest trying another dr. There are so many options these days. That's one benefit about going through IF now rather than 30 years ago.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your IF issues? Ours involve my tube, and treatment for us is IVF.

I really hope the symptoms you're feeling are the real thing & that when you do decide to test you will get that elusive bfp. Sending you lots of baby dust.

Holly

Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh yes, dearest, we understand. It's like....having a baby is liek a basic human right. Not even a right.... more liek instinct. It's primal instinct, if you really think about it. Sowhen you have been trying for so long, and 'nothing' is happening, not only does it feel as if your dreams have been taken away, it feels liek your rights have been violated and it is totally against your human instinct. Which can spin things up a bit. I think that's why we always suffer from mood swings---havign good days eg. "It's really going to happen someday!!" to bad days eg "It happens so easily for random women who just spread their legs. Why can't it happen easily for women who really want a baby? Why do we have to fight?" I guess, along with meds and such, that why we have such ups and downs.

Sorry for the rant. But one day, one glorious day, it will be our turn. I really believe that

I can see why your dr doesn't want you to be on e Clomid forever. I heard it has a chance of doing weird things if you stay on it too long. But what other option has your dr spoken to you about? Are IUI or IVF options for you? Or maybe ovarian drilling? Injectables? Another pill?

I think, forgive me if this wrong, becase there are so many sisters here....but I think you have the PCOS? Is this true? Is Clomid the only treatment that you have taken so far? Mine, I have PCO (according to my gyn, I have not only the standard 8-10, but "many") and a large polyp (which will be removed) When they give me the operation to remove the polyp, they will also do ovarian drilling, for the PCO, so insurance will cover it all.

I really, truly hope that the Clomid is working for you and that these are the symptoms of a BFP!! I am praying so much fo ryou.

*********babydust*********

Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #14
(female)

Kris07 HB User

Thank you both for the replies! I really appreciate ya'll taking the time out to respond to my posts.

Holly & Princess (since ya both basically asked the same thing, lol) ~ I am very sorry to hear you guys are also having trouble. As you know, it's nearly impossible to always stay so perky & positive over something that means this much to you. I really hope your able to conceive as well. I feel my only reason for living is to be the wife I am to my husband & to be a mother. That IS my life! They diagnosed me in August, 2006 with "PCOS" symptoms. I don't have excess hair, I do not have acne (never!), etc but when I had the HSG, I did have cysts blocking the eggs from being released, or something like that. I'm Insulin Resistant, too, but I've been pregnant twice before. My tubes are completely clear & when they did the Endo. Biopsy in July, it showed a polyp that I was to have removed but they told me it wasn't that big of a deal at this time. I am seriously thinking of seeing a new Doctor. I mentioned the Femara to them instead of the Clomid this time but they do not prescribe that, or will not. They want me to continue taking Metformin (which I stopped on my own) and the Clomid. They gave me 50mg of Clomid for these last 2 tries ... yet last YEAR when I was doing it, they were going to increase it to 150mg! I'm so upset - I'll probably be calling them tomorrow anyways to increase the dosage or to find some other Doctor. We are also dealing with Male Factor Infertility. Hubby's motility is only 37%. His actual sperm, 83% are abnormal - leaving 17% good sperm to work with, which is low. My theory? It only takes ONE! lol I'm just frustrated with all of this!

By the way, IUI and IVF have been given to us as an option - we aren't ready to take that option yet. I heard it's $1,500/cycle. I don't want to dish that out just yet until I feel I've properly gone through Clomid and/or other pills or something. I kind of feel IUI & IVF are last resorts ... I'm not ready to come to terms with that yet!

Sorry for the novel. Feel free to respond but I understand if you didn't even make it this far. LOL! Ya'll have just been so great with responding; I greatly appreciate it.

Holly (again) ~ What are ya'll doing about your Infertility at this time?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Kris, I can understand if you aren't ready to move onto IUI or IVF yet, but I definitely think you should try to get on femara since the clomid isn't working for you. If your dr won't prescribe it and doesn't seem to be supportive of you, then maybe a new dr is in order. That's just my two cents though. Have you looked into vitamins or supplements to improve DH's sperm quality? I know there is stuff out there that can help a lot!

As for us, we have tried IUI twice and IVF once. The first IVF worked, but sadly, I m/c at about 5 weeks. We are currently waiting to do our second attempt at IVF in January or February. Our cycle was supposed to be sooner, and I'm kind of bummed about having to wait, but it's out of our hands. I am just praying that we get pg soon. I am so sick of waiting. Well, I don't want to turn this into a rant, so I'll stop right there.

Let me know how it goes when you call your dr today.

Holly

Closed Thread