It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Amy333 - how's baby?!?

Hi Amy! Just wanted to say hello and see if you had any good updates for us! I know you are well beyond half way now. I imagine you must be at the fun stage of pregnancy where there is little to no m/s and you are not so big that you are physically uncomfortable. How are you feeling???

Old 11-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User
Re: Amy333 - how's baby?!?

Kari

It s so sweet of you to think of me and my little one.........thanks.
Well i can say that the m/s has gone and i am feeling ok. Though my last visit at my high risk ob/gynea was not so positive. Apart from minor problems low glucose and low heamoglobin they found that my platelet count is increasing and this is not good news. However the baby is still doing great ........and i really hope that things keep on going that way for him.

I was also very stressed at work this week ........2 of my 4 co workers just don t care that i am preggo and expect me to carry heavy equipment and work as normal.
One of my co workers has been through 5 m/cs.....she is now 50 and had a hysterectomy. I understand it s not easy seeing me and my belly every day.......i have been through my share of problems getting here so i understand her. I try not to discuss the pregnancy and am very careful not to hurt her but she is being mean. last Wed she went to eat and left me 3.5hrs alone. I work in a very busy hospital and it s impossible to work alone even if you are not pregnant. My boss is on leave so my only option was to call sick.

Well enough of my ranting here...i am just afraid that if i am stressed or do things which my body can t cope with i can harm the baby.

I am sorry i won t be much on line....we ve had bad weather here and i have no internet connection at home........it s been 3 days and i ve missed you guys so much.

So Kari any plans for your FET? Do you have dates yet ? I bet you are so looking forward and i am sure this is going to be an amazing Xmas for you and DH.
Wishing you a very happy w/e.

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Amy,

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time at work.Try not to get to stressed remember whats important and thats you and that little boy growing strong inside you.I know its hard and if you have to call in sick.Cant your OB give you a leave of absense?I am sorry to hear your b/w was a little off but thank god the little one is well.So please please take care of yourself.

HUGS,

Mapia

Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Amy, it sure seems like you've had a rough few days Your work environment does not sound very friendly for pregnancy. Please be careful, especially with the lifting. If I were you I'd def make more of a fuss!

Do you have another appointment scheduled with your high risk Ob? I imagine they would want to keep an even closer eye on your counts at this point. You'll have to give us an update and I hope it is better news than your last appt. But I am thrilled to hear that baby is doing great! That warms my heart

My FET is scheduled for 12/6. I am on BCP for another 8 days, and I start lupron on Thursday! Seems like it all is coming at me very fast, which is just the way I like it! I have an u/s this Wed and also have another one scheduled in about 2 weeks. I hope this cycle pays off with a BFP. I don't want to think about how sad I'd be at Christmas if I don't get pregnant this time. I'm sure I'll be saying more prayers than ever with this go!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Amy,

Just wanted to chime in. Glad to hear baby is still growing nice and healthy. I'm sorry your co-workers are not being very sensitive. I can't believe they expect you to lift heavy things at this point. That's horrible. When does your boss get back? Is he/she at least more understanding? My gosh, everybody knows pg women aren't supposed to lift heavy things. Like Mapia said, what about taking leave? And about your platelets? Is there anything they can do about that? You need to be healthy too. Take care of yourself sweetie.

Holly

Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

I'm comign in a bit late, dearest, but I have to agree with everyone. Please, please be careful when you do lifting and carrying. I am very upset that your co-workers are so unsupportive! I mean, the one woman, I am sorry that she has been through so much----we here can all sympathize... but it's no excuse for her to put you in danger by making you work for 3.5hours by yourself. I think you should make some noise if that shoudl happen again.

What does this mean, your platelets are going up? Is this a danger to you? I knwo you said it's not a danger to your son, but you must take care too! Is there anything you can do?

Hoping you are feelign better and those co-workers stop being so inconsiderate! XOXOXOX

Old 11-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

Hi Amy, I am sorry to hear things are hard for you right now but elated that the baby is doing well. I am like Princess wondering what the platelets mean? Can it be helped with medicine. Everyone is right just try and focus on whats important and if you can call in sick now is no better time....I hope things get a little easier for you and you and your family will be in my thoughtsAimeeM

Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Amy

I'm so happy to hear that your little man is doing so well, he sounds like such a strong little guy!

As for work, don't be pressured into doing anything you're not comfortable with. Your co-workers must understand the situation and cut you some slack. Good luck.

Take care hun.

Ruby

Closed Thread