It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

silver22 HB User
Uveitis, MS, Infertility..... can there be anything else??

Hi, I am new to this board today, and I was wondering........Has anyone else been Dx'd with uveitis or MS, along with infertility ?

I have been Dx'd with Uveitis since 1998 (disease in which the inside of the eye becomes inflammed, typically needs anti-inflammatory meds for flare ups) and more recently Dx'd with Multiple Sclerosis in Sept 2007. My neurologist wants to treat with interferon med Rebif, which can cause MC. My symptoms are extremely mild, I would never guess in a million years that I have MS.

My DH and I have been married for 3 1/2 years and TTC for 2 1/2 years, in between Uveitis flare-ups. In July 2007, I mentioned to my OBGYN that we were concerned about IF, she had me do my BBT for 3 months, and sent my DH for SA. His count is low, with low morphology and motility, 26 mil the first time, 6 mil the second SA. My charts are fine, I seem to be O and I had an HSG which proved my tubes to be clear and good. It seems that the IF lies with DH, but we might have to try aggressive treatments to dodge my uveitis and MS flare-ups. Wondering if anyone out there is dealing with anything similar. I look forward to meeting you all!
silver

Old 11-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: Uveitis, MS, Infertility..... can there be anything else??

Hi Silver and welcome to the boards. I unfortunately cannot answer your questions, but i just wanted to welcome you. The ladies here are great and they have really helped me with my IF journey so far. I am sure you are going to find the support you need right here.

Charlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Hi Silver!! I'm sorry, I am in same boat as Char. I do not know how to answer yourquestions, but you'll find all the support you coul dever need here! I hope you do find the answers to your questions--- and even though you have MS and uveitis, it's good that you know where the IF issues lay, so you can attack it! IF warrior! Anyway, I hope that you get your sticking BFp really very soon!

************babydust**************

Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Silver, Welcome to the board. Although I have not myself been diagnosed with MS, I am familiar with the disease. And I know personally that in and of itself, MS will not stop you from having children. I am very familiar with infertility as I have been TTC for 2.5 years myself. My DH has superb counts, but his morphology is extremely poor and therefore we have turned to IVF with ICSI. It is an incredibly emotional journey, and I can only imagine that your recent disagnosis will make your journey even more emotional. Always keep your goal in mind... that's what I try to do whenever I am feeling down. Our children will be constant reminders that everything we endure is absolutely worth it in the end. Good luck to you sweetie and I hope that your BFP is right around the corner. If you ever have any questions on your treatment options or if you just need a shoulder, this board is a great place to come.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
(female)

silver22 HB User

Hi Ladies - Thank you for your kind words and welcom. I will continue a positive attitude and will hope for the best, as I'm sure all of you are doing. I enjoy reading about everyone's journeys. Thanks again. ***baby dust***
silver

Closed Thread