It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User
So disappointed!

Well I went to my Ob/gyn today to find out when I start my 1st IVF cycle and thought that I would be starting in 11 days, but they couldnt fit me in for the education appt with the nurse until 6th Feb so now I won't be starting until the end of feb. I just felt like crying right there in front of everyone but I didn't. I'm so disappointed. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
(female)

tntbaby HB User
Re: So disappointed!

I am so sorry> Isn't there any way you could call RE's office and try again to get in an education class? Sometimes you need to help them understand the urgency. They might not think it is a big deal but, to those of us going through it, these kind of delays can be very dissapointing. Try to stay positive and be assertive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

Thanks TNT I was considering calling them and asking if they could call me if they have any cancellations. I know I will feel better in a couple of days, I'm just being a big sook and wollowing in my own self pity. Its just that I have been doing the big count down for the last couple of months and now I have to wait another 7 weeks. I know Im being pathetic and there are much worse things out there, and I should appreciate that this kind of thing is available to me at all. I'll just have to give myself a swift kick in the butt.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-17-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

praying4us HB User

Ooohhh Nnnooooo!!! I am so sorry to hear that you are going to be delayed 7 weeks!!! Dont these people know that it should be on our time?!?!??!?!?! I get so frusterated with Dr's offices because you dont get much choice on what your doing. I hate feeling out of control on something.

Sweetie...just to make you feel better, call them and tell them if they have any cancellation to call you right away!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Cashahn,

Arrgh!!! I am so sorry!!!! Seeing as these RE offices are dealing with such sensitive issues, you would really think that they would understand how frustrating it is to delay you. Of course you've been counting down. I am so sorry, and I am really hoping that they're able to get you back in earlier. Were you able to call them to let them know you'd like to be called if there are any cancellations?

I hope you are feeling a bit better.

Kelley

Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Oh Cashahn! I'm so sorry! You have every right to be upset about the delay!! We have all been waiting long enough, and it's just so upsetting to be told you have to wait longer than you expected. I really hope they will find a way to fit you in. Is it possible for them to do 2 education appts at once & give you instructions at the same time they are giving another patient instructions? My dr's office doesn't do that, but I have heard some do...Just a thought. Anyway sweetie, I really am sorry to hear about your delay. I hope things can get back on track, and if they don't, I hope the time will at least pass quickly so you can get started soon.

Holly

Old 01-17-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Oh nooooo!!! I'm so sorry, dearest!! What awful news!! You'd think that these offices would know just how sensitive these issues are, and to be postponed so long, how horrible! I hope so muchthat they will find a way to fit you in before then. I'm sending you warm hugs, dearest.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
(female)

mma2roo HB User

It looks like I got sidelined this time around too! We can wallow together if you want
Sorry yours is for such a silly reason...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Oh Cashahn sweetie I am SO sorry. I know the agony and pain that comes along with a delay. I think that PrayingforUs has a good idea... your really should call them and tell them that you want to come in if there is a cancellation. I really think it makes a difference when they know that you are anxious to get started. You'd be surprised that maybe they will accomodate you. Big (((hugs))) and just keep reminding yourself that even if there is a little delay, there's a huge chance this IVF cycle will bring you a BFP!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Cashahn

I'm so sorry to read about your delay in getting started on your IVF journey, I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. I think you are very brave to display such a staunch attitude.

I hope that the next seven weeks fly by and that you will be getting started before you know it!

Ruby

Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words it means so much to me to have all you wonderful ladies who truely understand how I feel. I will definately take your advice and call them. They actually do group education appts and they only run on Wednesdays so I guess they fill up pretty quick.
On the bright side I am feeling better today, I went and played around with my friends horses today and she just bought a new one which she said I can ride and train for the show ring for her so that should keep me busy for the next 7 weeks and hopefully help time go a bit quicker (and maybe lose a bit of weight too). Thank you all again and I know we will all be celebrating our BFP before we know it.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #12
(female)

BeesWife HB User

Hello Cashahn,
I'm so, so sorry for the delay in your schedule. Mine was pushed back a few weeks also and i know how frustrating it is!
You are definitely doing the right thing and keeping yourself busy...which by the way, the horse training sounds awesome!!! have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself.
I've been keeping myself busy by painting the guest bedroom so......you win!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

Thank you Bees Im sorry you have had to experience setbacks aswell, so frustrating. Glad to see you are keeping busy too. Ive heard that painting is very theraputic and you have less chance of ending up on your butt lol!. All the best.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Hi Cashahn,

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today!!!! That sounds awesome - about the horse training!! I'm glad you'll be able to keep busy. Just keep that BFP that you're getting so much closer to in your mind. I'm sorry again that your class was postponed, but you are right, we're all going to be celebrating our BFPs together very soon!

Enjoy your weekend!

Love,
Kelley

Old 01-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Cashahn, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now. Hanging out with the horses sounds like a great way to bring much needed smiles and laughter. I really feel bad that you and Bee's both had your schedules pushed back, but even though it takes a few days to find it there usually is some silver lining. I'm glad you are handling it so well. And your BFP in the end will definitely have been worth the wait! Enjoy your weekend!

Closed Thread