It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
(female)

sadm HB User
IVF failed, orgasm during sleep???

Hi all.

I got a negative pregnancy test 2 days ago after my first IVF cycle. I am very sad, everything looked perfect. I had two grade A blastocyst embryos transfered and my lining looked perfect. It is so frustrating not to have any answers.

Can someone tell me if any of these 3 things could have prevented the implantation???

1. I got an urinary tract infection the day of the transfer, I woke up the next day with a constant urge to pee, etc, I called my doctor, they did a cultive and gave me antibiotics for 7 days.
2. My estradiol levels went from 84 at the beginning of the cycle peaked to 4780 before the egg retrieval and plummeted to 24 5 days after the transfer. Is this normal? The doctor said this could have been the case, but her nurse told me otherwise????? Can someone give me any normal ranges???
3. I know we were not able to have sex or orgasm, however I had 2 orgasms during my sleep!!!, I woke up, freaked out completely and try to stop it, but I could not controll it, I had cramps the next day, maybe it was all the hormones?, It has happened before, but sporadically, maybe once or twice a month, but now it happened two times in 3 days. I feel terrible that this could have caused the embryos not to implant.

I know that sometimes there are no answers, but I am very dissapointed, can someone help me?

Thanks,

Old 03-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: IVF failed, orgasm during sleep???

Hi & welcome. Unfortunately, I can't answer your questions. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your cycle wasn't successful. I know how hard it is to accept - especially when everything was going so perfectly. I'm going for e/t on Monday for my 2nd IVF. Did you have any embryos left to freeze? Do you plan on trying again? Wishing you much success your very next try.

Hugs to you,

Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User
Re: IVF failed, orgasm during sleep???

Sadm, I am so sorry for your BFN. I know only to well how that feels. I had a BFN on my first IVF cycle too. Please try to keep in mind those embies are super strong if they are going to stick they will. I know its hard right now but just know there was nothing you could have done differently. I don't know the normal estrogen ranges but that drop would seem like it could be something the dr. could change. I know after both my IVF cycles I was on estrogen patches starting the day of transfer. I know that when a successful implantation happens estrogen does continue to rise along with progesterone. IVF is such an emotional rollercoaster, but sometimes it takes the drs. another chance to get things right. I was very wrapped up emotionally in our first cycle, it basically ran my life, I was devastated by the BFN. The second time I relaxed much more and tried to keep my life pretty much same and didn't let the injections and hormones take over. I had poor fertilization which resulted in only 5 embies on day 3.....but I am 25 weeks pregnant with twin girls from that cycle so go figure....there is no magic potion and it really is out of our hands. Trust your dr. and trust your body and I pray your next cycle brings you a nice sticky BFP. For now be kind to yourself IF is a very tough road. You are in my thoughts and prayers. AimeeM

Closed Thread